Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I think they should give Brock the title and have him defend at the 4 majors and use the time he's not there to actually build the mid card titles back up.

You get a cookie. A fake one. But a cookie. This is a great point of view.

I think they should give Brock the title and have him defend at the 4 majors and use the time he's not there to actually build the mid card titles back up.

That would be good. Starting with taking the Intercontinental off The Miz. Gah i cant stand that dude.

That would be good. Starting with taking the Intercontinental off The Miz. Gah i cant stand that dude.

Miz could be a really annoying old school heel. Too bad they keep dropping the ball on him. Give the IC to Dolph and move on.

• Like 1

Miz could be a really annoying old school heel. Too bad they keep dropping the ball on him. Give the IC to Dolph and move on.

I seriously don't get why Miz gets so much hate. The guy is one of the better actors in the company when he's used correctly.

Miz's ring skills as of late have been garbage. Very bad at selling anything, and telegraphs moves way too visibly. On a RAW broadcast a few weeks back, I heard him talking to Dolph in the ring multiple times.

Great mic skills and I get behind his shtick, but he needs to shake the rust.

Rumblings of an nWo reunion on RAW next week

That will fix all their problems.

Everyone realizes that Scott Hall showed up on Nitro on May 27, 1996, right? A child born that day can vote now.

I started watching wrestling seriously in 1981. In some ways, I always want wrestling to look like that. But I wasn't watching it in 1999 and thinking, "I really wish Buzz Sawyer and Ernie Ladd would show up tonight."

Do you realize that in 1981, the WWWF was only 18 years old. In other words, Buddy Rogers's fake win in Argentina for the WWWF title was as old then as Scott Hall's Nitro debut is today.

WWE should always have Hogan under contract because he is that important to them historically. He should show up three times a year to pop the crowd for five minutes. But - honest to God - he is utterly worthless to them on tv beyond that five minutes.

Wrestling is really screwed up right now. In 1988, Dusty Rhodes simply wouldn't go away. Crockett was collapsing all around him and he just kept booking himself as John Wayne and building everything around him. Even though it had been 14 years since his face turn, ten years since his battles with Superstar Billy Graham and 8 years since he started showing up on TBS. Fans were tired of him, because he had been a national act for about 10 years.

Somewhere between Wrestlemania VIII and Wrestlemania IX, WWF fans were simply done with Hulk Hogan. He had been on top for 8 years, and his act was beyond stale. I actually think Sid was more over at VIII and the fans pissed all over his win over Yoko at IX. Vince recognized this and had Yoko basically squash him a few months later.

This was an era where you got one or two hours of these guys a week and - especially in Hogan's case - he would vanish for what seemed like months at a time.

This is supposedly an era of shrunken attention spans where what was hot six months ago is forgotten today. An era where people need immediate gratification because they are always bored. And an era with weekly three hour Raws and monthly "PPVs/special events" plus Smackdown plus everything else they produce.

And somehow, the top players are still HHH (initial big push 17 years ago), Steph (initial big push 14 years ago), Lesnar (initial big push 12 years ago), Cena (initial big push 10 years ago), and Orton (initial big push 7/8 years ago).

I don't get how we were tired of Dusty after 10 or so years and Hogan after 9 years, but are still getting lots of HHH, Lesnar, and Cena today. And how Cena is actually the young pup in that group.

Granted, Lesnar hasn't been around to exhaust us. That helps with him.

That will fix all their problems.......

Got Rock and Stone Cold for a New York minute, too. I always wonder how different things would have been for pro wrestling if Austin's neck didn't turn to ****, Rock sucked at Hollywood, Angle's body didn't break down, Lesnar didn't leave, and Benoit/Eddie G didn't die.

All that **** happened in like a 3 year period. Completely nuked wrestling, compared to where it was around the end of the Monday night wars

Got Rock and Stone Cold for a New York minute, too. I always wonder how different things would have been for pro wrestling if Austin's neck didn't turn to ****, Rock sucked at Hollywood, Angle's body didn't break down, Lesnar didn't leave, and Benoit/Eddie G didn't die.

All that **** happened in like a 3 year period. Completely nuked wrestling, compared to where it was around the end of the Monday night wars

It definitely would have been bad ass.  Now that TNA is getting the axe, I imagine we might get even worse story lines/matches than ever before.  

Over saturation is a ****. The best part about the old days is tv was squash matches and you didn't see all the big names every card. Midcard was built to look tough, so were main eventers. When they clashed it meant something. A part time Lesnar as WWE champ would be important right now.

• Like 1