Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Really when you go back over TNA's history there is no defense of them. They have shot themselves in the foot over and over again for a decade. People so badly want them to be competition for WWE but they're barely better (and that's really debatable, too) than Ring of Honor (who you could argue WWE has a lot more respect for based on the dealings and praise they've given them on their website in the past) They deserve this. They earned this.

Btw I won tickets to see TNA in Hagerstown next month so I'm really curious to see how it's gonna be.

Of course the WWE would give ROH more props than TNA. Even though TNA is no threat, ROH is even a much lesser threat. TNA obviously falls into that middle sibling syndrome. They're not the big brother (WWE) and they're not the baby (ROH). I've seen ROH enough and there's no way anyone can say it's better than TNA.

Wonder if TNA, GFW and ROH could ever combine and put together a quality product. But with combination comes a clash of egos. So I guess I don't wonder at all... It would never work.

Do you really want me to give a boring history of all the times promoters tried to "unite" to take on Vince? Because I can do it. I have the entire history of Pro Wrestling USA memorized. And I know about the Kerry Von Erich-Lawler match to "unify" the Mephis, World Class, and AWA titles....which was a great match despite Kerry being too stoned to stand up straight, blading himself before the match started, and the fact that it resulted in three titles being vacated.

I'll never know why Jarrett & Lawler didn't get their Memphis wrestling show on TNN back in the wrestling-crazed 1980s.  The promotion's office was even located in Nashville.  It was a perfect fit. 

Memphis was such a strange territory. The only reason to go on cable in the 80s was to expand nationally. Memphis was never going to go national. It wasn't equipped or booked to do so. They were already selling out all their towns with their low-rent tv show. Going on cable tv would have exposed them for the puppet show that they fundamentally were. Seriously, do you think a national audience could flip from Hogan-Andre to Lawler-Dundee and not think they were watching midget wrestling?

And I would rather watch fifty Lawler-Dundee matches than one Hogan-Andre match. But Memphis was in no position to go national at any point. There's a reason that I'll insult some of the hokey stuff WWE does as "so Memphis." There are just certain things that work in a small regional promotion that can't work for a national audience.

The best example is the Andy Kaufman stuff. Everything he did in Memphis was terrific. But it could have only worked there. He apparently wanted to work for Vince Sr. but Vince knew that it would  look hokey as hell in New York. If he had done it in Mid South, the fans would have murdered him in the ring. In Georgia, the wrestlers would have murdered him. In Memphis, he could call the fans rednecks and get them angry enough to watch him wrestle without being so angry as to kill him. And in Memphis, the payoff of a side suplex and one piledriver was enough to make the fans deliriously happy.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 1

ESPN is kind of in a real good relationship with WWE. It's not official or anything, and they do go at it every Monday during the fall season, but I think they're okay with each other.

ESPN would never do anything with TNA. They serve no purpose to them.

For what it's worth, this RAW hasn't been that bad. First one I have watched straight through and do far, so good. The Cena vs Cesaro match was probably the best one they had against each other. And they've had some good matches.

Holy Crap.

Congratulations @pyroballyhoo not only did u murder my brother but you've successfully killed 2 wrestling companies.I have a challenge for u

That was a pretty cheap shot at Russo, imo.  And I can't stand Russo.  And while I understand it was that stupid Blue Blazer gimmick that got him into the situation, it wasn't Russo's fault.  

• Like 1

Was anybody else pleasantly surprised at Cena's match last night w/ Cesaro? I actually saw some wrestling! Dare I say it was one of the better matches on the card? The best??

Oh, and R-Truth over Bo Dallas? I coulnd't bo-lieve it!

The Cena/Cesaro match was better than a lot of the recent PPV matches, which is sad :(  But I loved it.  But I think the timing is off, I mean they just booked Lesner/Cena for Summer Slam, so that's all the hype now for the next 3 weeks.  

How cool would it be if Cesaro interfered in their SS match.  Everyone thinks because he came out all buddy buddy with Paul H. that he would help Lesner, maybe helps Cena retain the title. 

That place would go nuts.  Which is how it used to be.........so that means it wont happen..........****.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Having Cena be the one to stop Lesnar doesn't make sense. He doesn't need that rub.

Lesnar is going to beat Cena. He has to. He's the most "untouchable" star in WWE. He is fresh off of a win versus Taker. Plus, Cesaro helping Cena basically would be a heel turn.

Steph is the MVP of the WWE.  Nobody can rile up a crowd like she can.  I wonder if we will get some comical Triple H and Stephanie training videos in the next couple of weeks, like the Vince and Shane training stuff before the 1999 rumble. 

Not to get all JR on this, but she's a heel. She is acting like a heel and getting heel reactions. It's amazing, isn't it?

JR's podcast is starting to irritate me it's good, but he talks over people too much and goes off on random rants. He has sting on and keeps interrupting the guy while he's trying to tell stories.

It didn't help that Sting's audio was really rough either.  It kept clipping out.  

Still think it's dumb to have a part-timer as your champion. Hated The Rock carrying the belt and will hate Lesnar carrying it.  

Watch your tongue bro!  :D 

I loved the Rock coming back, winning the strap, the WWE needed that at the time.  When you look at it big picture, it didn't really matter, I mean almost 100% of the time, the belt doesn't change hands on a Raw, only at a PPV.  They also give "time off" of matches to the champs, along with having them "tag" with people after their title, etc.  

The "Part Time" Champ, I'm fine with as long as they show up and cut some promos, especially if its the likes of The Rock or Brock.