Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Sting and Flair and alot of the older wrestlers will always get a big pop near their old territories, The Wrestlers use to have to work to get over in their territory or go to another territory to try. That is one disadvantage of WWE being nationwide it killed the territory system. I use to get to see alot of live matches near me in the old Mid Atlantic NWA days with Jim Crockett promotion. On Tv I could get the Mid Atlantic wrestling, Florida wrestling and Georgia wrestling plus the wrestling from NWA/WCW on TBS.

Edited by Gallen5862

Honestly, Cesaro was getting over as a face before they randomly paired him with Heyman.

I think the audience is confused on what to do with him

I think the problem is that they've never really defined what the benefit of being "A Paul Heyman Guy" is. With Brock, I guess it's that you never work and make millions of dollars.

For the rest...the benefit seems to be getting beat up by CM Punk or some kind of endless movement up and down the midcard.

I think that's sort of the general issue I have with the entire product right now - why are any of these guys professional wrestlers? It used to be that guys talked about titles, money, women, or  - for the hokier babyfaces - making the fans happy and fighting evil. They've at least made the World Title somewhat important again, but everyone else seems to be wrestling because they are wrestlers and that's what wrestlers do.

We need to bring back Dusty and the "pay winda'."

(It actually makes some sense when you think of why someone would get over with Zeb and not Heyman, despite the fact that Heyman himself is a million times more over than Zeb. Zeb gives his dudes a purpose for existing, dumb as it may be at times).

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

I think one of the biggest problems with Heyman isn't Heyman. It's the WWE's booking of the guys that Heyman is with. They have no idea what to do with anyone Heyman touches that's not named Brock or CM Punk. 

Went to the show last night in Richmond, had a great time (my buddy had the "Putin 3:16" sign, as well as the "Lawler's Shirt Sux" sign.

A few notes: Biggest pops of the night by far were during the Rusev/Swagger bit. when Lana was yelling "shut up! shut up!" I'm telling you, that place was deafening! Even more so than when Roman or Orton came out. Very entertaining (although it was funny when Obama's pic came up on the tron - mixed woos and boos, lol)

- Michael Cole's theme song is one of the lamest tunes I've ever heard. Good thing it was cut off promptly by JBL's bell...

- The crowd wants to love Cesaro, and does, but it's tough cheering for him consistently when they book him as the heel. And his music is also awful. BUT, I will say this. After seeing him & Big E go at it last night, I have a new-found respect for Big-E. Very few ghost-punches, and both of those dudes went at it hard. 

- Loved the Ziggler bit, just because I love Ziggler. He saw a sign that said "push Ziggler" and looked at the dude and said "right??". Pretty funny.

- Richmond seemed to be mesmerized by Y2J... it was a great promo and crowd reacted well.

- Same with Flair. Loved the bit about "boy oh boy, I've had some wild times in Richmond...just ask your parents!"

- Richmond hates Cena, too...

- Kane looks really really slow.

- Still don't get the sister Abagail finisher. Looks like it hurts Bray more than the recipient.

- Pissed that Ambrose wasn't there! 

- I actually watched the divas matches (usually skip through em) and they weren't too bad. AJ is so tiny!

- All in all, a really fun live show. Everyone was clamoring for Sting, but I could tell it just wasn't going to happen. Next to no good merch, either...

Edited by RVAbrendan
  • Like 1

Yeah. Last night it really looked like Bray hit the stage harder than Jericho. 

Bray's body provided a nice cushion for Jericho.

Also, and take this for what it's worth... the dude sitting next to me said he was offered to go backstage where he saw Flair and a bunch of superstars eating...standard stuff. Then he said he saw Bray Wyatt with a huge shiner on his eye. Maybe someone decided to have the whole world in their hand when they punched him...

Also, Seth Rollins sent out a tweet Monday morning about being ecstatic that a little cafe here called Urban Farmhouse put some sort of butter in his coffee. Oh, Seth.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2130085-wwe-to-reportedly-retire-major-championship-belt-after-raw

WWE to Reportedly Retire Major Championship Belt After Raw?

By Aaron BowerFeatured Columnist Jul 15, 2014

The WWE has been rife with the talk over the last year of changes to championship belts, with perhaps the most notable change the amalgamation of the WWE and World Heavyweight Championship belts late last year.

Well, since Randy Orton became the first ever WWE World Heavyweight champion after defeating John Cena, the WWE has persisted with having the champ carry around two belts. But it seems those plans are about to change, after the actions of John Cena, amongst others, on Raw. Marc Middleton of WrestlingInc reports

There's speculation that WWE retired the World Heavyweight Title belt or the "big gold belt" on Monday's RAW.

As seen before the main event, WWE World Heavyweight Champion John Cena met Ric Flair on the stage and let him raise the "big gold belt" in the air. Cena then told Flair to keep the belt and Flair left with it.

Several fans pointed out that JBL made a reference to there only being one title earlier in the show.

Edited by Gallen5862

CM Punk's contract ran out today. He's now listed on the Alumni page of WWE. He's suppsedly starting a new podcast and band...

Then there's this tweet:

Nope, thank YOU.Thanks for all the help and support through the years. Health and happiness above all. Don't ever take any **** from anybody.

So either CM Punk is done with wrestling forever. he's taking a hiatus, or the WWE is about to pull the greatest surprise return ever. lol

Edited by MLSKINS

Yeah, I kind of wish that Daniel Bryan would follow him. I wish all the wrestlers had the luxury to retire early. It'll keep them healthy and the product fresh.

But like I think LKB said a couple of months ago, it's not just much stuff for them to do after they're done wrestling. Unless you're talented in other areas.

Yeah, I kind of wish that Daniel Bryan would follow him. I wish all the wrestlers had the luxury to retire early. It'll keep them healthy and the product fresh.

But like I think LKB said a couple of months ago, it's not just much stuff for them to do after they're done wrestling. Unless you're talented in other areas.

Punk can find stuff. I could see him hosting shows on MTV or Fuse or something. He has a decent media presence.

I wish Daniel Bryan would consider hanging it up too. I dread him coming back and looking like **** and having to keep wrestling to cover his expenses

• Like 2

Punk can find stuff. I could see him hosting shows on MTV or Fuse or something. He has a decent media presence.

I wish Daniel Bryan would consider hanging it up too. I dread him coming back and looking like **** and having to keep wrestling to cover his expenses

Punk is gonna be fine. He saved his cash. He never has to come back again. I suspect he will though at some point.

I just realized I saw his last match live this year at the Royal Rumble. Kinda cool. Though he spent half of it lying in the corner haha

Keep in mind that Vince has probably not seen the first Expendables movie yet. He will see it on a private jet sometime in 2016 and immediately call Kevin Dunn screaming, "We need to do our version of this. Get Rick Rude up here" before being reminded that Rick Rude is dead. And then he'll feel bad and masturbate while crying in front of his secretary. 

In my mind, Vince is a combination of Montgomery Burns, the Cranky Vince twitter feed, and Jack LaLanne when he used to do those bizarre tv and radio appearances about the power of juicing and how much sex he was having after age 90.

• Like 2