Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Baby dinosaurs?

They had a pic on the Sports Nation page, they said what was the biggest heel turn from the month of July? Hogan joining NWO or Lebron's decision?

That's a tough one...

Lebron was hated in some circles long before the decision. Hogan, hands down. Dude was the face of all faces faces.

• Like 1

True. Besides, LeBron was already a heel with me. *shrugs*

God I hated LeBron more than any man that's ever lived outside of maybe Hitler. It's funny as time has gone on, I care less and less while the rest of the world cares more and more. Guess I was just ahead of the curve. All us Wizards fans were.

• Like 3

^^^ meh

But back on the screw job, I remember watching a shoot interview with the new age outlaws back when they weren't on good terms with WWE and they both stated emphatically that they think it was a work. Remember they were both on the roster during that time

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

I've met two people who worked for WWE and both of them have emphatically claimed the Screwjob was a work.

By the way, keep in mind that everyone in wrestling is delusional.

Case in point: Lawler had a great interview on Austin's podcast a few months back. He claimed he became the Raw color man because Randy Savage no-showed and when they turned on the tv, he was on Nitro.

Lawler debuted in the WWF in '92 as an announcer. Savage's last Raw annoncing gig was '94. Lawler's first Raw gig was '95, six months after Savage left.

Everyone knew Savage was leaving and they even gave him a going away tribute.

Nitro debuted in September of 95, a year after Savage left WWF and five months after Lawler started his work on Raw.

• Like 1

Ric Flair is supose to be back at Monday Night Raw on July 14.

Ric Flair WWE return scheduled for Monday Night Raw next week (July 14, 2014) in Virginia

July 18 - Ric Flair marries Hooters waitress

July 19 - Ric Flair divorces Hooters waitress. Owes $250,000 in alimony

July 20 - Vince McMahon agrees to pay alimony to Ric Flairs Hooter's wife

July 21 - Ric Flair shows up to Raw drunk on kamikazes, flashes Lil' Naitch to the crowd

July 22 - Vince McMahon fires Ric Flair. He also calls Jim Ross to fire him before realizing that Ross does not work for him.

July 23 - Ric Flair calls up Dixie Carter begging for work. Offers work in exchange for payment in kamikazes.

• Like 1

That article kinda glosses over the Rock. He's black. He claims his black side. WWE has referred to him as the first black champ. That's my only gripe with the article. Also, it sucks to say but most of the AA wrestlers currently working suck ass except for Kofi and Truth.

And LKB made me literally laugh to the point of tears with the JR part.

www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/07/the-not-so-fictional-bias-in-the-wwe-world-championship/374042/

Article on racism in WWE if anyone is interested in reading it. Touches on Rusev only beating up on black dudes and goes from there.

I disagree with the article that no black man has ever held the top belt. The Rock may "idenity as Samoan" but his dad is Rocky Johnson and they never hid that fact.

Having said that....I always thought the the WWE was weirdly more racist than any of the Southern promotions. The Junkyard Dog was a tough ass-kicking hero in the Lousiana in the late 70s and early 80s. He came to New York in the mid-80s and was suddenly dancing with little kids and acting - literally - like a dog.

Butch Reed was similar to the Dog in the South. In the WWF, they dyed his hair and called him The Natural.

I can't link to Youtube here, but there is a ridiculously racist Hulk Hogan promo on Tony Atlas, from Hogan's heel days in the late 70s/early 80s. And there are several skin-crawling promos from Dr. D.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

While I do think WWE is sort of racist, or prejudice might be more accurate, I still think most of it just boils down to who they want to push and who they don't.

It's a shame that Booker T never held the WWE title. I think Kofi Kingston only been in one legit WWE title match. And the only other title match I remember him being in, Edge beat the brakes off of him before he could even get in the Elimination Chamber and stole his spot. I thought they had something with Big E, but then instead of giving him his cool "I need five" gimmick, they made him Mr.America and made him sound like MLK.

I just lost hope, I guess I'll never see a black WWE champion other than The Rock. I'm not okay with that, but I could live with it.  

While I do think WWE is sort of racist, or prejudice might be more accurate, I still think most of it just boils down to who they want to push and who they don't.

It's a shame that Booker T never held the WWE title. I think Kofi Kingston only been in one legit WWE title match. And the only other title match I remember him being in, Edge beat the brakes off of him before he could even get in the Elimination Chamber and stole his spot. I thought they had something with Big E, but then instead of giving him his cool "I need five" gimmick, they made him Mr.America and made him sound like MLK.

I just lost hope, I guess I'll never see a black WWE champion other than The Rock. I'm not okay with that, but I could live with it.  

I think it's really hard to get past the Booker T- HHH feud. HHH pulled out every racist wrestling code word known to God and Michael Hayes....and then went over Booker clean as a whistle at Wrestlemania, proving that everything he said was basically correct.

It's odd to me that Bill Watts - who got turfed out of WCW for saying legitimately racist crap - seems to be the only big name who ever said, "Hey...black athletes are hugely popular in every other sport. Why not this one?"

This just occurred to me, the one WWW superstar with the most connection to hip hop is......John Cena.

Luckily, or unluckily, I didn't have cable during that time, so I missed most of the promos leading up to to match.

That was lame though. And it's not like I want long CM Punk/Cena/Hogan/Bruno runs. Just a run for like two or three PPVS would suffice.

Can you imagine the pop somebody like Kofi would get if he won like a triple threat match against Cena and Randy Orton or something?

Speaking of Kofi and Orton. I would love that feud to rekindle again. Maybe this time it'll last more than two weeks lol

I think it's really hard to get past the Booker T- HHH feud. HHH pulled out every racist wrestling code word known to God and Michael Hayes....and then went over Booker clean as a whistle at Wrestlemania, proving that everything he said was basically correct.

It's odd to me that Bill Watts - who got turfed out of WCW for saying legitimately racist crap - seems to be the only big name who ever said, "Hey...black athletes are hugely popular in every other sport. Why not this one?"

This just occurred to me, the one WWW superstar with the most connection to hip hop is......John Cena.

The booking for that WM 19 was unbelievable. I mean Flair, HHH, and King were hitting low blow after low blow with race stuff.

I was 10 during that time so I didn't really get it. Now, it's sickening. That's only excusable if Booker wins. Just ridiculous