Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Then the Shield, reunited and letting everyone know that they punked HHH..again, celebrate to fans going ape **** bananas.

And then to complete this Russo-riffic masterpiece, you have Reigns turn on Ambrose and align with HHH because....SWERVE.

I hate hate hate hate the "fake turn" angle. "Yes, I just beat the **** out of my best friend and cut a viscious promo on him, but we were in cahoots all along."

And then to complete this Russo-riffic masterpiece, you have Reigns turn on Ambrose and align with HHH because....SWERVE.

I hate hate hate hate the "fake turn" angle. "Yes, I just beat the **** out of my best friend and cut a viscious promo on him, but we were in cahoots all along."

So do I most times..but most of the WWE fans eat it up.

Quite trying to make sense and bring reality to scripted entertainment.

:P

Edited by The Evil Genius

Ric Flair did this to Sting at Halloween Havoc 95. I remember it making no sense when I saw it. Arn Anderson beats the **** out of Flair for weeks, Flair recruits Sting to tag with him against Arn and Brian Pillman. At the PPV Ric Flair gets" injured" and can't compete leaving Sting alone. Finally Flair comes out and he, Arn and Pillman beat the **** out of Sting. Oh yeah they randomly recruited Benoit at the time, too so he also joined in.

The storyline made no sense.

I just saw the full Vickie Guerrero segment. That crowd should have went nuts win Eddie's music hit. Man that was so lame. Worst crowd ever, I don't care if it is my hometown, they suck. lol

So in other words, you wanted the fans to go crazy for an obvious attempt by the WWE to get a cheap pop.

So in other words, you wanted the fans to go crazy for an obvious attempt by the WWE to get a cheap pop.

But was it really a cheap pop? Who would have thought that they would have used his music for her wrestling match? I thought it was a nice surprise. And plus fan reactions are the kind of things that make wrestling great to me. I think they missed a moment. But it is what it is. 

How is playing her deceased husband's theme going for a cheap pop? I think that was a fitting end to her tenure in the WWE and it was a nice way to show respect and appreciation to her and Eddie.

I have a problem when they pat themselves on their backs for the charity work they do, but I think they handled this situation very well.

I just wish they played this instead :)

Edited by spjunkies

Ric Flair did this to Sting at Halloween Havoc 95. I remember it making no sense when I saw it. Arn Anderson beats the **** out of Flair for weeks, Flair recruits Sting to tag with him against Arn and Brian Pillman. At the PPV Ric Flair gets" injured" and can't compete leaving Sting alone. Finally Flair comes out and he, Arn and Pillman beat the **** out of Sting. Oh yeah they randomly recruited Benoit at the time, too so he also joined in.

The storyline made no sense.

This is where I come across as a mark, but I loved that storyline. For two reasons....

1. I think Ric and Arn sold the heat between them as real. I believe that they legitimately had an issue and worked it out the way men in pro wrestling do - by beating the piss out of each other.

2. At the end of the feud, they realized that they were still friends with a common interest - beating the **** out of Sting.

3. So....they did what they always did - set up Sting and beat the **** out of him. That feud was the 129th time that Flair set up Sting for a beating, and he fell for it every single time. Sting-Flair was the Road Runner-Coyote of NWA/WCW.

• Like 1

You do realize that TNA Impact is in a sound stage and not an arena.

But they do draw small crowds when they tour.

I thought they said they were at the Sands Event Center somewhere in Pennsylvania.

Also..what the hell happened to Kurt Angle? I know he had a lot of injuries, but he looks..different.

Angle is going to die in the ring. There is really nothing to do at this point but emotionally prepare yourself for the fact that he is going to do a moonsault in front of 600 people and not get up.

Well, according to the show last night he's the new commish - so we'll see how much actual wrestling he does now. Maybe that's a good thing.

Good God. How many authority figures does TNA have right now?

I guessed they fired MVP or something..and somehow dissed Dixie Carter too.

Like I said..hadn't watched in awhile. So much so that I had somehow forgotten that Al Snow..

HEAD!

...was part of the TNA background.

This is where I come across as a mark, but I loved that storyline. For two reasons....

1. I think Ric and Arn sold the heat between them as real. I believe that they legitimately had an issue and worked it out the way men in pro wrestling do - by beating the piss out of each other.

2. At the end of the feud, they realized that they were still friends with a common interest - beating the **** out of Sting.

3. So....they did what they always did - set up Sting and beat the **** out of him. That feud was the 129th time that Flair set up Sting for a beating, and he fell for it every single time. Sting-Flair was the Road Runner-Coyote of NWA/WCW.

Jeez man it's good thing Sting had natural charisma and a good look.

He was literally booked as the stupidest baby face ever

Jeez man it's good thing Sting had natural charisma and a good look.

He was literally booked as the stupidest baby face ever

Yet, he was always weirdly believable.

The best angle that ultimately went nowhere and really should be redone at some point is the one after Luger returns on the first Nitro. Everyone is telling Sting that Luger is a sleaze but Sting sticks by his side because they are friends. And Luger cheats when Sting isn't looking and they win the tag titles. Only Sting could be that naive and not turn into a putz.

And 18 months later, he's hanging out in the rafters talking to a Falcon.

So Batista is gone, yes? He wins the rumble, gets booed unmercifully, wins one match, they have to change the main event for the biggest show of the year because his return is such a disaster, then he goes on to job for a couple of weeks and leaves and for all that failure it may have cost them the best guy on the roster in CM Punk.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

The best angle that ultimately went nowhere and really should be redone at some point is the one after Luger returns on the first Nitro. Everyone is telling Sting that Luger is a sleaze but Sting sticks by his side because they are friends. And Luger cheats when Sting isn't looking and they win the tag titles. Only Sting could be that naive and not turn into a putz.

You know, I think they were about to start an angel similar to that with Batista and Eddie Guerrero. I think Batista was champ and Eddie was being real buddy-buddy with him. They tagged together and whatnot. Batista got to the point where he really trusted him. I could see a Guerrero turn coming a mile away, but he died. I always think about what would have happened had that played out. Eddie would have gotten some good heat out of that. 

So Batista is gone, yes? He wins the rumble, gets booed unmercifully, wins one match, they have to change the main event for the biggest show of the year because his return is such a disaster, then he goes on to job for a couple of weeks and leaves and for all that failure it may have cost them the best guy on the roster in CM Punk.

Don't let Punk fool you. He was probably leaving soon anyway. He just needed a good excuse.

That's small beer.

PPV is dead. It's the Network or nothing going forward.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2014/6/25/5843098/wwe-extreme-rules-draws-107000-buys-on-pay-per-view

That's small beer.

PPV is dead. It's the Network or nothing going forward.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2014/6/25/5843098/wwe-extreme-rules-draws-107000-buys-on-pay-per-view

Doing some quick math, if the average cost for the PPV is around $45, in North America that was $4.86 mil in 2011. 

This year that PPV was only 1.8 million. And I'm pretty sure that WWE had to give up some of that money to the providers right.

There was probably 700k subscribers about the time Extreme Rules came up, at $10 a month, that is 7 Million dollars just for North America alone.

Once they go international with the Network, it really will be a rap.

I don't think I ever seen something that was so much of a win/win for the consumer and the company. 

• Like 1

Doing some quick math, if the average cost for the PPV is around $45, in North America that was $4.86 mil in 2011. 

This year that PPV was only 1.8 million. And I'm pretty sure that WWE had to give up some of that money to the providers right.

There was probably 700k subscribers about the time Extreme Rules came up, at $10 a month, that is 7 Million dollars just for North America alone.

I don't think I ever seen something that was so much of a win/win for the consumer and the company. 

On the small PPVs, it's probably good for the WWE.

The problem is with the big ones. Wrestlemania averaged around 1.1 million buys at $75 a pop. That's $82.5 million. Summerslam would do about half that.

The bigger question is, will they raise the monthly subscription rate in the future?  My guess is they will, but how much?  $14.99 (like mmorpg game subscriptions), 19.99, 29.99?

Will the $9.99 only get you the streaming content and not current PPVs?  Then they tier it up, $29.99/month all access.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Didn't take that into account. 

Found this graph of all the WM buys to see if it was going down, but it still hovered around the 1.1 million buys. 

But if they can some how find their way to get to 1.5 to 2 Million subscribers, they could get anywhere between 180-240millon dollars a year on PPV sales. 

The bigger question is, will they raise the monthly subscription rate in the future?  My guess is they will, but how much?  $14.99 (like mmorpg game subscriptions), 19.99, 29.99?

Will the $9.99 only get you the streaming content and not current PPVs?  Then they tier it up, $29.99/month all access.  

That'll be smart. But then they'll run the risk of losing subscribers. If they went over $20, I'll probably bow out. 

Didn't take that into account. 

Found this graph of all the WM buys to see if it was going down, but it still hovered around the 1.1 million buys. 

But if they can some how find their way to get to 1.5 to 2 Million subscribers, they could get anywhere between 180-240millon dollars a year on PPV sales. 

That graph is a lie because they are adding Network subscribers into the PPV buys.

The other thing to remember is that The Network was expensive. It cost about $40 million to build.

And I don't see how they are going to get 2 million subscribers. Raw gets around 4 million viewers a week. 50 percent of that audience is going to want The Network?

I have to think the price will go up someday and there will be some kind of tiered pricing. But that's going to be a hard sell, I think.