Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

He almost won the Elimination Chamber in 2012. He was the last one eliminated. Also fun fact from that match is that Daniel Bryan is the only person to ever kick out of the Cobra. (OK I don't know if that's true but it sure as hell seems like it. And I'm not doing the research)

Go back and watch that match. Crowd was behind him hard.

Edited by Big Weirdo

He almost won the Elimination Chamber in 2012. He was the last one eliminated. Also fun fact from that match is that Daniel Bryan is the only person to ever kick out of the Cobra. (OK I don't know if that's true but it sure as hell seems like it. And I'm not doing the research)

Go back and watch that match. Crowd was behind him hard.

I know I wanted him to win. When he made it til the end, I just knew he was about to win. Oh well...

I never thought I'll say this, but I can't believe that the WWE actually gave the Divas two matches on RAW, and both matches had mildly interesting storylines behind them lol

I'm liking Dean Ambrose too right now. Always liked him since he was Johnny Moxley, but liking him even more since he broke away from The Shield.

I know it's kind of weird for me to say this, but I think Seth Rollins entrance music needs more of a punch in the first couple of seconds. It just seems like his music is so flat for some reason. 

See listen to this...

Then listen to Dean Ambrose's

It just seems like Rollins music starts out so generic. It needs to pack a punch or something. Most of the time when he comes out, I don't even notice it's his music. I compared it to Ambrose's because when you hear that Guitar riff, you know it's him. Same with the first notes in Cm Punk's, Daniel Bryan's, Shaemus, and pretty much every other wrestler. lol

I just read an interesting (and terrifying) point in a Raw review. The Montreal Screwjob was 17 years ago. And it's still being talked about on WWE TV.

This would be like in the leadup to the first Wrestlemania, Bruno Sammartino was in the ring talking about Luke Graham.

I've met two people who worked for WWE and both of them have emphatically claimed the Screwjob was a work.

Edited by Big Weirdo

Did they say if Brett knew or not?

They claimed everyone was in on it. Bret, Shawn, Vince. They said it was setup to make Vince a bad guy and to make Bret sympathetic at WCW.

I don't buy it but it's interesting that two people that worked for them both claim it to be a work. One was on creative as a writer and the other was in production.

• Like 1

They claimed everyone was in on it. Bret, Shawn, Vince. They said it was setup to make Vince a bad guy and to make Bret sympathetic at WCW.

That's BS. I know this because I watched WWF tv after this and they portrayed McMahon sympathetically at first. It was once it became clear that the crowd wasn't buying it that Mr. McMahon became the heel against Austin.

Also, I've seen Bret Hart act. He's not that believable.

The only part of if that I still don't know is whether Michaels was in on it beforehand. I suspect not, but I ultimately don't care.

You mean all of them?

The one with the bald head that didn't look like a comic book super hero.

I don't think Ambrose's physique is something they want to show off.

Worse than CM Punk or Jericho?

That's BS. I know this because I watched WWF tv after this and they portrayed McMahon sympathetically at first. It was once it became clear that the crowd wasn't buying it that Mr. McMahon became the heel against Austin.

Also, I've seen Bret Hart act. He's not that believable.

The only part of if that I still don't know is whether Michaels was in on it beforehand. I suspect not, but I ultimately don't care.

Bret Hart on RAW last night is proof of your second point. Though he's always been a bit more stoic in older age.

Maybe not. I just found some older pictures where he wrestled in trunks and he's actually in pretty good shape. I had always just assumed he was just an average guy.

That's exactly what could make him a main even face if his character is regular guy crazy rather than cartoon character crazy.

I don't buy it but it's interesting that two people that worked for them both claim it to be a work. One was on creative as a writer and the other was in production.

I don't believe it. Both Hart and Michael's egos were out of control around that time. I think Bret just did not want to drop that belt. I just think that Vince, being the smart business man that he is, capitalized off of it. I do think however that that interview with JR was a worked shoot.

They (HBK/Hart) both ****ing hated the hell out of each other. Even if all the Screwjob was a work, by some wild stretch of the imagination, none of that other stuff that preceded that, was. Neither of them would've been able to fully cooperate, I don't think.

And since then, Bret (while he wasn't on WWE's payroll) had plenty of opportunity to possibly set the record straight, not to mention all of the other wrestlers, managers and commentators that moved on and could've spilled the beans.

Can't believe its been 17 years though. I feel old as hell. I was 9 years old and 100% clearly remember how awkward that next night on Raw was.

Edited by Mr. Sinister