Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

They're combined. The two belts represent one title.

They should drop the WHC one though, but whatever...

But that makes me think of a storyline that I only remember seeing in TNA with Kurt Angle.

I want to see somebody, NOT JOHN CENA! but anybody else hold all the male single titles. 

I think that is another way you can build the secondary titles up.

Exactly. One Belt.

I have a crazy way to build up the titles: act like they are important.

lol

You would think it'll be easy for them to do that, but they haven't for years.

When Ambrose held the US Title for as long as he did and only defended it like 3 times, and then he lost it in a battle royal and didn't even care to ask for a rematch lol

Wow - Ambrose and Rollins did some amazing work. Hell,everyone in that MITB ladder match left it all out in the ring, even RVD. Deep down, I figured that Rollins would win, but I was waiting for a Bray/Dolph surprise. Can't wait for more Ambrose moving forward!

I actually managed to watch some of Paige's match - not too bad. Sucks about that blown suplex spot.

Big E v Rusev was one of my favorites of the night. I love me some Rusev. Felt bad for E, though... crowd just didn't care. Add to that the weird preacher-thing he's going for... dude is burying himself. Great match, though. Have Rusev take the US title and roll with the anti-American bit.

Adam Rose, SMH. I wanted to like this guy... but I've seen nothing in the ring that's impressed me. I love Sandow. He gives 110% to whatever dumb gimmick they toss him. I thought he was going to go over on Rose for a minute... "the elbow is coming! the elbow is coming!". I hope he gets his due.

Rybaxel - yawn. Cody has upped his speed from what it looks like. Crowd still doesn't know how to react to Stardust. It's just uncomfortable enough to keep you watching.

Title match, UGH. I hope that Cena is a transitional belt-holder. Rumors are that him and Brock Lesnar will have a rematch, which I have mixed feelings about. One one hand, I hope if that happens, Brock crushes Super Cena and takes the straps. But on the other hand, Brock never wrestles. Perhaps giving the World Championship belts to a part-timer would put more emphasis on the other belts?

Cena is undoubtedly a transitional champ.

Brock Lesnar beat the Undertaker for a reason. When he returns and defeats Cena for the WWE WHC at SummerSlam, it will set the path for Lesnar to lose the title to a returning Daniel Bryan OR to Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 31. What better way to get a rub than to beat the guy who beat Taker, HHH, and John Cena?

I think putting the belt on Lesnar is smart. It'll get away from the over saturation of the title and allow the IC and US titles to flourish.

Cena is undoubtedly a transitional champ.

Brock Lesnar beat the Undertaker for a reason. When he returns and defeats Cena for the WWE WHC at SummerSlam, it will set the path for Lesnar to lose the title to a returning Daniel Bryan OR to Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 31. What better way to get a rub than to beat the guy who beat Taker, HHH, and John Cena?

Bryan beat Cena and HHH. In the ring. I'm pretty sure I saw it.

Why does he need the rub of the guy who beat the guys he beat?

The problem with Bryan is not that he needs a rub. The problem is that he needs a neck.

And there is no earthly way they had this planned when Lesnar beat Taker, because they didn't know that Bryan would have to drop the strap then. Hell, Bryan never actually dropped the strap.

By the way, didn't he announce that he may need another surgery? A guy that small who wrestles that style does not come back from two neck surgeries back to back. I think he's closer to being done as a wrestler than going over Lesnar at Wrestlemania.

By the way, didn't he announce that he may need another surgery? A guy that small who wrestles that style does not come back from two neck surgeries back to back. I think he's closer to being done as a wrestler than going over Lesnar at Wrestlemania.

Who knows if the additional neck surgery is keyfabe though.

LKB, either I communicated poorly or you read that wrong. Probably the former.

I was saying Reigns would win at WrestleMania but in mid thought I threw in a tidbit about Bryan winning the belt back. Other than that blurb, everything that was said was meant for Reigns.

LKB, either I communicated poorly or you read that wrong. Probably the former.

I was saying Reigns would win at WrestleMania but in mid thought I threw in a tidbit about Bryan winning the belt back. Other than that blurb, everything that was said was meant for Reigns.

Oh, I missed the Reigns thing. I guess that makes sense.

I actually think this Amrbose-Rollins thing is so hot right now, that it's going to hurt Reigns. I don't think that was the intent, but he is suddenly the guy from The Shield standing around with nothing to do.

Is there any chance that the satellite companies that have dropped WWE PPV's continue to not air WWE PPV when more and more viewers opt out of the WWE Network. Am I missing something, but couldn't they pretty much ruin the WWE if they chose to?

Edited by DM72

Is there any chance that the satellite companies that have dropped WWE PPV's continue to not air WWE PPV when more and more viewers opt out of the WWE Network. Am I missing something, but couldn't they pretty much ruin the WWE if they chose to?

You have your die hard crowd that will buy and spend $50-60 bucks on every PPV for the entire year.  Then you have your die hard fans on a budget, or ones like myself that refused to pay that much money each month and would pay for 2 or 3 per year.  Then fans that refuse to pay for it at all.  

I don't know numbers or have stats, but I'd say that the people that can afford to spend money each month on PPVs have internet access and would gladly pay $10/month for every PPV through the Network.  If they don't have a media source to stream it from, they can always go out and buy one for $40-100, which is a one time fee and they still save money at the end of the year.  

There are what 11 PPVs each year at $50-$60 pop, taking the low end, that's $550 dollars per year.  Go out and buy an Apple TV for $100, then another $120 for your monthly subscription for the year, you come out with a savings of $330/yr.

If you already own a device that streams, you save $430+ per year.  People that don't pay $50/60 per PPV, its more enticing for them to subscribe and make it happen than ever before.  Plus, streaming media is the wave of the future, its hot right now.

I don't see lack of Satellite companies carrying PPVs causing a hit to the WWE at all, not long term.  Knowing Vince and his huge cojones, I fully expect to see him potentially move the PPVs to say a Saturday to screw with the Satellite companies carrying UFC or Boxing matches at the same time.  Don't know if it would effect anything, but Id rather watch them on Saturdays as opposed to Sundays.  

I don't see lack of Satellite companies carrying PPVs causing a hit to the WWE at all, not long term.  Knowing Vince and his huge cojones, I fully expect to see him potentially move the PPVs to say a Saturday to screw with the Satellite companies carrying UFC or Boxing matches at the same time.  Don't know if it would effect anything, but Id rather watch them on Saturdays as opposed to Sundays.  

PPV is not going to be a thing that exists in a year for the WWE.

Knowing Vince and his huge cojones, I fully expect to see him potentially move the PPVs to say a Saturday to screw with the Satellite companies carrying UFC or Boxing matches at the same time.  Don't know if it would effect anything, but Id rather watch them on Saturdays as opposed to Sundays.  

But Directv and I believe Disn Network has already dropped the WWE. Besides, it might have worked in 87 when he did it to the NWA, but I doubt if it would work in 2014.

Probably not, especially if they keep making them sub-par and "Super Raw" type PPVs.  If they are gone, hopefully that will make a better product airing every week, cause titles will have to change hands.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Probably not, especially if they keep making them sub-par and "Super Raw" type PPVs.  If they are gone, hopefully that will make a better product airing every week, cause titles will have to change hands.

After reading Taze's post I'm confused in what you're saying LKB. Are you saying that the monthly PPV shows will go extinct or that the WWE won't be using PPV anymore with any cable or satellite company. 

After reading Taze's post I'm confused in what you're saying LKB. Are you saying that the monthly PPV shows will go extinct or that the WWE won't be using PPV anymore with any cable or satellite company. 

I'm not sure how it will happen exactly, but I'm guessing that within two years, it will not be possible to order a WWE pay per view through a cable or satellite subscriber. PPVs will become "Network Exclusive Shows" or something like that.

It's possible that Wrestlemania will still remain as a PPV. And maybe the Royal Rumble.

The current pay per view numbers are down 75 percent from 2012. That's not going to get better.

I'm not sure how it will happen exactly, but I'm guessing that within two years, it will not be possible to order a WWE pay per view through a cable or satellite subscriber. PPVs will become "Network Exclusive Shows" or something like that.

It's possible that Wrestlemania will still remain as a PPV. And maybe the Royal Rumble.

The current pay per view numbers are down 75 percent from 2012. That's not going to get better.

Okay. That's what I thought because we just mentioned this a couple of days ago I think when I had that chart. 

I agree. It would be a network exclusive sooner or later. They would be smart to keep WM as a PPV though. 

I thought he was saying that PPV (the event) wouldn't even exist at all.  Meaning, the Network would exist, but there would no longer be Wrestlemania, etc.  because they would lose money on the events.  I mis-read that.  I blame my 6yo for distracting me while trying to read and type a response.  She turned heal and caused outside interference.

I thought he was saying that PPV (the event) wouldn't even exist at all.  Meaning, the Network would exist, but there would no longer be Wrestlemania, etc.  because they would lose money on the events.  I mis-read that.  I blame my 6yo for distracting me while trying to read and type a response.  She turned heal and caused outside interference.

Oh, God, no. I could see them cutting back the number of PPVs though. Unless they go to some kind of tiered pricing system - which I could also see.

The Network does give them a certain amount of flexibility. However, it may have moved them quicker than they expected into a post-PPV future. And without the customer base they expected.

Yeah, I hope they go to a package like system where you can get just the old stuff if you want.

I'm starting to get a bit apathetic to the current product again and id rather pay for just stuff I'm actually going up watch

That said, did any of you guys ever force yourself to watch that legends house show? It looked horrible

That said, did any of you guys ever force yourself to watch that legends house show? It looked horrible

I don't watch those kinds of reality shows in general.

If I want to have some kind of interaction with old wrestlers, there are no end of good podcasts - Austin, Ross, Cornette, Jericho, Cabana.

Do you want to hear Vince Russo explain to Steve Austin how no one with a southern accent can get over in wrestling on a national level? It's on a podcast. That's better than a cheesy reality show. Plus, you can hear Austin shill for Cougarlife.com. And cut a promo on the gassed-up rats chewing up the wires on his vehicles in his garage.

(Seriously, my wife HATES pro wrestling. She had an ex-boyfriend obsessed with it. But I played Austin promo on the rats in his barn for her and she was crying from laughing so hard).

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 1

The SCSA podcast is the best thing ever. I need to start listening to them more. Dude can talk man.

I want so bad for him to get The Rock on one of those. Them two together shooting the **** would be nice.

I want him to get Rock and/or the ultimate prize Vince himself.

I never would've pictured Austin being so great at hosting a podcast but the dude is simply outstanding.