Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I personally enjoyed TNA from 2007 - 1010, for the most part.  It wasn't horrible back then by any means and they had some good matches/stories during that time frame.  Of course, it wasn't on the same level as the WWE was, but it was better than Smackdown (overall imo).  Hell, I still don't watch Smackdown anymore, haven't in years.  

Like Raw, I'd record it and watch it later, usually on Sunday mornings because during that time, my daughter was born (2008) and was really little and I got up with her every Sunday to let the wife sleep in.  Pop a bottle in her mouth, hit play.  It was good enough to watch and fast forward through.

I quit watching it after they went head to head with Raw on a Monday night though.  I grew so tired of the whole Bishoff/Hogan crap.  So from 2011-current, I couldn't tell you if it still is any good or not.  But hey, as long as you enjoy it, who cares if 5 people show up to the events/PPVs.  

I watched TNA weekly until 2010.

It's trash now. Simple as that.

They have plenty of talented young guys like Kenny King, Aries, Joe, and the American Wolves and they waste them

I haven't watched it in 3-4 years, don't have any desire to based on the current roster I saw on their website the other day.  Nor the time to even record/fast forward watch it.  I have too many shows already to watch lol.  

They do have some talent, wasted like you said.  Shame they never could take it to that next level when they were becoming fairly popular.

Speaking of streaks. I think they are trying to build a Bo Dallas streak. Right now he is 7-0. Personally I would love to see them build a streak of him not losing for like a year. lol

And speaking of laughing out loud...

I'm okay with this for now because Cody can pull this off. But if this doesn't result in a heel turn, I'm gong to be pissed lol

I know WWE doesn't have any real competition and owns pretty much 100% of the market, but damn, come on, do a little better than Stardust........I laughed, but is sad on an entire new level.

A question for y'all gurus (I consider myself a extremely knowledgeable, but some of y'all are on an entire different level than myself).  Right after they re-formed Evolution, they had Ric Flair back on that one episode of Raw where he talked for a bit then gave his nod to the Shield.

With him and JR being suspended due to that issue with Flair being hammered during that press conference thing for a sponsor, and JR because he let it continue.  Why allow Flair to come out and not bring back good ole JR?  Honestly, Raw needs JR and JBL, thats it.  Let Smackdown have Cole and King.  Or have it be JR, JBL and King, toss Cole to smackdown with Booker T.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

I know WWE doesn't have any real competition and owns pretty much 100% of the market, but damn, come on, do a little better than Stardust........I laughed, but is sad on an entire new level.

A question for y'all gurus (I consider myself a extremely knowledgeable, but some of y'all are on an entire different level than myself). Right after they re-formed Evolution, they had Ric Flair back on that one episode of Raw where he talked for a bit then gave his nod to the Shield.

With him and JR being suspended due to that issue with Flair being hammered during that press conference thing for a sponsor, and JR because he let it continue. Why allow Flair to come out and not bring back good ole JR? Honestly, Raw needs JR and JBL, thats it. Let Smackdown have Cole and King. Or have it be JR, JBL and King, toss Cole to smackdown with Booker T.

The theories I've heard are that they don't like the way JR looks on TV and JR could be brash back stage. It's just hearsay though. That and they don't think his health will hold up like Brave said. The firing over the Ric Flair was just the scapegoat they needed. If you listen to interviews about what happened the developers of the game loved it.

The reason Flair is allowed back is probably because 1. He's Ric Flair and 2. He's always been in good with Vince and HHH. They both love him. You're also not going to change Ric Flair. He is who he is. You take what you get with him.

• Like 1

This discussion cracked me up:

http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2210-vince-russo-books-old-school-storylines/

Jerry Lawler constantly insults the Hart family leading into Summerslam '93. At the PPV, the whole family turns on Bret to help Lawler win. The next night on RAW, Owen reveals that Bret was adopted, and they hate him carrying the Hart name. The Harts become friends with Lawler, completely ignoring the previous months. Bret fights his way through his former family (including the sisters) to get a rematch with Lawler at WM X.

During the match they do a double turn, and Bret forms a team of evil Canadians, which includes himself, several Americans and one Japanese wrestler. At some point Lawler turns heel again to join Team Canada. Lawler & Bret still hate each other, but manage to win the tag titles and hold them for six weeks.

Lawler wins the WWF title and ousts Bret as the leader. Bret FINALLY gets his revenge on Lawler and wins the title at WM XI.

Bret loses the title two weeks later on RAW in an unadvertised cage match.

That was seriously in my top 5 most horrific promos ever.

I laughed hard twice tonight. The first laugh was Cody Rhodes singing the Disney song. But it was a, this dude is stupid laugh.

The second laugh was the Big E promo. It was so bad man. I'm not the toughest critic, but that was ridiculous.

I was sitting ringside tonight at Raw when Wade Barrett addressed the Redskins name contraversy. The camera zoomed in me wearing my Skins draft day hat. Now the photo has gone viral and I am officially the Redskinsnamechangeguy. Check out the following articles.

http://t.co/epT0KXXXy1 Washington post

http://t.co/nihU3Ohpdn Yardbarker.com

Edited by HailGalvatron
  • Like 1

Bad News Barrett can rock the hell out of the mic.  I'm no name change advocate, but that Redskins bit he pulled off had me rolling.  Love watching him in action too.  Poor Dolph though, dude works his ass off every match and they still won't let him win.  But Sandow, damn, WTF did he do?  Did Vince catch him screwing Linda or something????  Dude has become a bigger jobber than Zack Ryder. 

Oh yeah, and HailGalvatron, I was LMAO when I saw the look on your face after BNB ripped on the Skins. 

Edited by Catatonic

I was rollin as well after that BNB/Redskins jab... perfect delivery! And boy, what a match. The way Ziggler sells moves and stays fatigued for the whole match for continuity (ahem...Cena) reminds me of the old school guys. The crowd loved it too. 

Still, his character to me is BA Billy Gunn 2.0 - same tights, boots, hair, finisher... Frustrates me when he hits the Famasser and NEVER gets the 3 count. Dude needs a new move!

Also, loving this Rusev angle...but that Big E promo was so uncomfortable (but not as uncomfortable as watching Cody Rhodes lisp his way through a song).