Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Interesting list of cuts.

My guess is that the new 3MB is going to be Slater/Hornswaggle and Cena. The new Shield will still be Ambrose/Reigns/Cena. I think it would be cool if next monday they do have  match of the Uso's W/Cena VS Rybaxl W/Cena.

Raw should have never gone to 3 hours.

• Like 1

What saddens me about the cuts is that this basically means that these guys are done as professional wrestlers. A few of them like R-Truth may be able to find something in Japan. Maybe one goes to TNA at some point - if they ever hire anyone ever again.

But for the rest of them, the dream is ROH and a part-time job or maybe a paycheck from Jeff Jarrett's NeverNever Promotion someday.

There is simply no place to go and make a living for a wrestler now. It's Weekends in the Indies 4 Life.

What saddens me about the cuts is that this basically means that these guys are done as professional wrestlers. A few of them like R-Truth may be able to find something in Japan. Maybe one goes to TNA at some point - if they ever hire anyone ever again.

But for the rest of them, the dream is ROH and a part-time job or maybe a paycheck from Jeff Jarrett's NeverNever Promotion someday.

There is simply no place to go and make a living for a wrestler now. It's Weekends in the Indies 4 Life.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. There is no other option for most of these guys. TNA was doing OK for a while, but they seem to be on life support, and not exactly in a good position to bring in new talent. ROH is a quality product, but I can't imagine that the paychecks are that great.  

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. There is no other option for most of these guys. TNA was doing OK for a while, but they seem to be on life support, and not exactly in a good position to bring in new talent. ROH is a quality product, but I can't imagine that the paychecks are that great.  

It really is a sad deal which is why I was glad the WWF stopped doing these mass cuts. This is the terrible reality of the territories being eliminated :(

Edited by spjunkies

Wrestling is in a weird place.

The top guys can make big money longer than ever.

Cena has been on WWE tv every week for over 12 years now. Hogan's big WWF run was 9 years in comparison. And there is no reason to believe that Cena is winding down. My guess is that he is about to get a 6 month long run with the belt because they  have no other options right now.

The bottom and mid guys can make pretty good money right away. But they may be done in under five years. In the territory days, it might take 5 years to get to the point where you could support yourself. And then you could bounce around for 20 years.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

R Truth was released?  I didn't see his name on the list.  

I guess that with no 3MB, they have to Los Matadores now too. There's no other direction to take that team.

Was R-Truth cut? That one would surprise me. He's not great but he's actually a better performer than a lot of guys. He looks better, talks better, is more entertaining in other ways, and is better in the ring than say, Shamus for example.

I guess that with no 3MB, they have to Los Matadores now too. There's no other direction to take that team.

Was R-Truth cut? That one would surprise me. He's not great but he's actually a better performer than a lot of guys. He looks better, talks better, is more entertaining in other ways, and is better in the ring than say, Shamus for example.

Thats what I'm trying to figure out.  LBK mentioned he might catch on in Japan.  When I checked the WWE website, he wasn't listed in the cut list, but when I checked earlier today, JTG wasn't either, then later on, I went back and it was updated.

I think R Truth is another guy that has a lot better talent and mic ability (not the best, but not the worst) that got buried for some reason.  I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.  

And people get mad at people like CM Punk, Stone Cold, Rock, when they leave to go make money outside of wrestling. Or when they retire early because they did make enough money and they are still in "decent" shape health wise.

Man don't get me started on how fickle wrestling fans are...I could literally go on for days over how pissed that stuff makes me

• Like 2

Not R-Truth. I meant Brodus Clay and got stupid.

Soooooo that awful legends reality show is making a big deal of Pat Patterson coming out

When in reality it has been widely know forever and has been alluded to on air.

It's really pathetic on WWEs part IMO. It's on tmz like it's real news.

Patterson is an alleged well-known predator who I'm surprised is still is on the WWE payroll. Frankly, in this day and age, how the WWE does business with him and gets away with it is beyond me.

Soooooo that awful legends reality show is making a big deal of Pat Patterson coming out

When in reality it has been widely know forever and has been alluded to on air.

It's really pathetic on WWEs part IMO. It's on tmz like it's real news.

Patterson has been openly out for a long time, I thought. It's been an open secret since the 80s. The WWF has dealt with at least two lawsuits with him as well.

Good point. Never even thought of that until now.