Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Why did Jack Swagger's ME push go to the crapper?

He got arrested back in June 2013 for speeding, weed and DWI/DUI.  Right as they were going to give him another push.  So, basically, he pissed off the boss and now he is stuck in mid-card purgatory. 

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Probably time for Kurt to retire.

Ya think so?

I've just accepted the fact that Kurt Angle is going to die in the ring after attempting a moonsault on an indy card. The promoter will stiff the family on the $50 he is owed.

One of the many many things that has kept me away from TNA is the fact that I just don't want to see Angle wrestle. It makes me extremely uncomfortable.

Buy them out? Just wait for then to start releasing their better performers.

The WWE has more or less stated that they will never sign anyone who has been in TNA for significant time going forward. They have something like 90 guys in Developmental right now. There is where every future wrestler is coming from for the forseeable future.

I actually doubt that WWE would even buy TNA's video library if they went under. I don't think there is anything they could possibly do with it.

Is there a human being on earth who would buy The Network to watch Impacts from 2010?

That whole angle/gimmick would be dead

Please don't speak that into existence lol

They're not established enough as faces to directly participate but they could tell him they're not going to protect him and when the s hits the f he runs screaming from the ring. That or he could just do an opening segment with it and later on they come out and mock him or something. He loves to self depricate and admittedly I just want to see it.

Point for discussion: Daniel Bryan just had the single most depressing World Title run in wrestling history.

April 6th: Wins the title on in the Wrestlemania Main Event after 8 months of just getting dumped on repeatedly by the Authority.

April 7th: Gets beat down by the Authority and Saved by The Shield.

April 11th: Gets married. Is off tv for two weeks

April 14th: Kane becomes a Monster again for no adequately explored reason.

April 21st: Father dies. Kane annihilates him; Brian does stretcher job in order to attend funeral.

April 28th: Saves his wife from Kane while looking rather like a goof and getting choke-slammed.

May 4th: Beats Kane at Extreme Rules. Nobody really cares about Kane despite everything.

May 5th: Beats Del Rio but in the aftermath literally runs for his life from Kane. I hated this. Hated this so much.

May 12th: Announces neck surgery

May 19th: Misses Raw. Is basically called a wimp by Stephanie on a really terrible Raw.

May 26th: Is called B+ by Stephanie. Shows up in neck brace

June 1: Payback. Brie quits and smacks Steph

June 2: Isn't there. Gets defended by Cena to Steph

June 9: Is stripped of title.

That's two title defenses over mid-carders, a death, a marriage, two beatdowns, one fleeing for his life, several appearances in neck braces, one wife fired, and no ever getting the upper hand on anyone in a segment ever. Is defended by wife and Cena - which makes him the scrappy little brother even more than he was before. And then he's stripped of the title.

It's not even bad; it's just depressing.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 3

Last night by my count, there were 4 matches on Raw that involved a jobber/jobbers taking the fall.

Zack Ryder vs. Rusev - Because we're not tired of looking at Lana yet.

The Usos vs. Fandango and Damien Sandow - Please go away, Sandow

Paige vs. Alicia Fox - With the exception of the non-title match on PPV. This is a rerun.

Santino Marella vs. Jack Swagger - No interest in anything about this.

Worst Raw in a while. No?

Last night by my count, there were 4 matches on Raw that involved a jobber/jobbers taking the fall.

Zack Ryder vs. Rusev - Because we're not tired of looking at Lana yet.

The Usos vs. Fandango and Damien Sandow - Please go away, Sandow

Paige vs. Alicia Fox - With the exception of the non-title match on PPV. This is a rerun.

Santino Marella vs. Jack Swagger - No interest in anything about this.

Worst Raw in a while. No?

I fully agree with everything here, except Sandow. Dude is doing every dumb **** skit that Vince dreams up...and does it well! Love me some Sandow!!

I fully agree with everything here, except Sandow. Dude is doing every dumb **** skit that Vince dreams up...and does it well! Love me some Sandow!!

You aren't alone. I've said before many times, he's a fine performer but his character sucks and needs to go away and come back a few months later with a new bit.

Yeah, the Sandow comedy gimmick is bad. Though last night it seemed like he was attempting a page out of Dusty's book when Vince put him in polka dots. Dusty actually got polka dots over to spite Vince. 

RAW didn't think they'd miss Punk when he left. Now all they have is 2/3s of the Shield, The Wyatts, & a busted up broken down Daniel Bryan.  They could really use Punk back right now.

Also, I really hope they don't screw up The Ascension when they bring them up from NXT. I'd really like to see what they can do in something other then a 3 minute squash match on NXT.  

MVP apparently made enough money as a WWE mid-card jobber to buy the damn company.

Seriously, think about that.

I actually want a full report when you are done. Not on the card, but on the attendance and general feel. The cool new thing on the wrestling news sites is pictures of the live crowds at TNA shows. You can generally county everyone individually.

You got it, I will do that

I look at only this page of this thread and see posters who if we sat down at a table, we could map out a better storyline for the WWE from now until WM next year. I 100% believe this.

Back to Sandow, the only way I think you can keep him under this name and repair anything is to have a jobber losing his mind/pipe bomb moment. Getting beaten up, then grabbing the mic. Saying he's done playing the ****. Done doing what's good for business. Done being a puppet. Then just beating up people for a while. Don't having a intellectual bit. Rather almost trying to steal a small bit of Austin with the whole "I don't give a ****" mentality. Make a list of those he was a **** in matches for and one by one, ruining their matches or going after their belts. Kill Bill style.

No tag partner. No stable. No friends. Just a man on his own getting revenge on those who treated him like **** the page year.

That's the only path I could see working.

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants
  • Like 2

I look at only this page of this thread and see posters who if we sat down at a table, we could map out a better storyline for the WWE from now until WM next year. I 100% believe this.

Back to Sandow, the only way I think you can keep him under this name and repair anything is to have a jobber losing his mind/pipe bomb moment. Getting beaten up, then grabbing the mic. Saying he's done playing the ****. Done doing what's good for business. Done being a puppet. Then just beating up people for a while. Don't having a intellectual bit. Rather almost trying to steal a small bit of Austin with the whole "I don't give a ****" mentality. Make a list of those he was a **** in matches for and one by one, ruining their matches or going after their belts. Kill Bill style.

No tag partner. No stable. No friends. Just a man on his own getting revenge on those who treated him like **** the page year.

They have to do something like that with him to get him over, otherwise, another wasted talent.  

I also think that they need to try some angle where a faction (3-5 wrestlers) somehow unify all the belts, are heels and piss off the entire roster, fan base.  I know its been done before, but its been a long time.  I'm talking all the belts.  I'm talking crashing the ring when there is a threat to their titles and beating down the contender.  

I don't think it needs to be a new faction of NXT talent coming up, they already did that with the Shield.  Just a new stable, who always seem to cheat to win.  I dunno.  

edit - I don't mean like a take-over like NWO style, but just the best heels working together for the greater cause, with huge massive egos.  The options after such faction is created are endless.  Face turns within the heels because of jealousy that they are the US champ and want the World Heavyweight Championship.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

I actually like this idea with a twist. He' s angry, pissed off, but to keep a connection with his current character he always ends his matches with a mic in his hand, staring at the downed opponent and saying, "YOU'RE WELCOME!" and dropping the mic on their chest before he walks away.

I actually like this idea with a twist. He' s angry, pissed off, but to keep a connection with his current character he always ends his matches with a mic in his hand, staring at the downed opponent and saying, "YOU'RE WELCOME!" and dropping the mic on their chest before he walks away.

no, you lost me on that. I never liked the you're welcome. I want him to basically bury his own character. Whenever he gets a mic, he just basically tells us who is next on his list and how badly he's going to hurt that hurt. That's it.

no, you lost me on that. I never liked the you're welcome. I want him to basically bury his own character. Whenever he gets a mic, he just basically tells us who is next on his list and how badly he's going to hurt that hurt. That's it.

The "You're Welcome!" wouldn't be keeping his character. It's keeping his ****y edge, maintaining a connection to Damien Sandow, the guy who got jobbed out and fueling the anger for the new and improved Sandow. The "You're Welcome" wouldn't be said light heartedly... It would be a cold, twist of the knife into whoever he says it to. And he'd say it staring down onto their beaten body.

To be honest, I wouldn't even have him speak other than the "You're Welcome!"

I don't want to know who's next on his list. I want the audience to be surprised each time he eliminates someone new.

• Like 1

Point for discussion: Daniel Bryan just had the single most depressing World Title run in wrestling history.

April 6th: Wins the title on in the Wrestlemania Main Event after 8 months of just getting dumped on repeatedly by the Authority.

April 7th: Gets beat down by the Authority and Saved by The Shield.

April 11th: Gets married. Is off tv for two weeks

April 14th: Kane becomes a Monster again for no adequately explored reason.

April 21st: Father dies. Kane annihilates him; Brian does stretcher job in order to attend funeral.

April 28th: Saves his wife from Kane while looking rather like a goof and getting choke-slammed.

May 4th: Beats Kane at Extreme Rules. Nobody really cares about Kane despite everything.

May 5th: Beats Del Rio but in the aftermath literally runs for his life from Kane. I hated this. Hated this so much.

May 12th: Announces neck surgery

May 19th: Misses Raw. Is basically called a wimp by Stephanie on a really terrible Raw.

May 26th: Is called B+ by Stephanie. Shows up in neck brace

June 1: Payback. Brie quits and smacks Steph

June 2: Isn't there. Gets defended by Cena to Steph

June 9: Is stripped of title.

That's two title defenses over mid-carders, a death, a marriage, two beatdowns, one fleeing for his life, several appearances in neck braces, one wife fired, and no ever getting the upper hand on anyone in a segment ever. Is defended by wife and Cena - which makes him the scrappy little brother even more than he was before. And then he's stripped of the title.

It's not even bad; it's just depressing.

And CM Punk thinks he was getting dumped on. 

The "You're Welcome!" wouldn't be keeping his character. It's keeping his ****y edge, maintaining a connection to Damien Sandow, the guy who got jobbed out and fueling the anger for the new and improved Sandow. The "You're Welcome" wouldn't be said light heartedly... It would be a cold, twist of the knife into whoever he says it to. And he'd say it staring down onto their beaten body.

To be honest, I wouldn't even have him speak other than the "You're Welcome!"

I don't want to know who's next on his list. I want the audience to be surprised each time he eliminates someone new.

I just don't agree on this. The "You're Welcome" is basically saying he's keeping part of the character that was made for him. My point is that he fake-breaks the 4th wall and hints that all this stuff he's done from being the Intellectual Savior to his "catch phrase" to dressing up like Magneto were all part of what is best for businesses. Now he's pissed, he's gone an enemies list. He's going to be ruthless and cruel to everybody. Other wrestlers, the refs.....the fans. everybody.

He doesn't say who's on the list. That would be warning people. He just has his list. Using Kill Bill was a bad example from me. So, it would be a surprise. I mean, it could be anybody since he's jobbed for just about everybody on the roster by now.

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants