Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I don't think it matters why Rollins got heat. He got serious heat. That's what matters. Everyone who follows wrestling knows about it now and has had a reaction one way or the other. It's similar (albeit on a much lesser scale) than the Undertaker's streak ending at WrestleMania.

I like the directions they can go now, and to be honest, I loved the conflict that Cena and Steph had last night. Cena wore the superhero cape and they went back and forth pretty well.

Look at the main event/upper mid card scene right now:

Heels:

Brock Lesnar

Cesaro

Randy Orton

Seth Rollins

Bray Wyatt*

Bad News Barrett

Alberto Del Rio (although, no one cares)

Faces:

Daniel Bryan

Roman Reigns

John Cena

Dean Ambrose

Sheamus

Unknown:

Batista

*=Who knows what he really is...

As far as the Shield adding a member... Ehhhhhh. Not many guys fit. Big E could, but that would be awkward. And I could see Ambrose and Reigns not trusting anyone and letting anyone else in, while their paranoia gets to themselves about one another... Eventually leading to a Dean Ambrose heel turn on Reigns into a solo career.

Evolution is right now what it was meant to be:

HHH - past

Orton - present

Rollins - future

Big E could be a main player in the WWE, but needs to go with his 5-count gimmick.

Batista is primed for a face return when he comes back.

I kind of see the whole Stephanie/Triple H power hunger thing coming to the forefront again. They're wrestling other talent, harassing people, ect... I see a Vince McMahon return, much like what was originally rumored to be the case, in the near future. He'll bring Batista back with him.

I don't think it matters why Rollins got heat. He got serious heat. That's what matters. Everyone who follows wrestling knows about it now and has had a reaction one way or the other. It's similar (albeit on a much lesser scale) than the Undertaker's streak ending at WrestleMania.

I like the directions they can go now, and to be honest, I loved the conflict that Cena and Steph had last night. Cena wore the superhero cape and they went back and forth pretty well.

Look at the main event/upper mid card scene right now:

Heels:

Brock Lesnar

Cesaro

Randy Orton

Seth Rollins

Bray Wyatt*

Bad News Barrett

Alberto Del Rio (although, no one cares)

Faces:

Daniel Bryan

Roman Reigns

John Cena

Dean Ambrose

Sheamus

Unknown:

Batista

*=Who knows what he really is...

As far as the Shield adding a member... Ehhhhhh. Not many guys fit. Big E could, but that would be awkward. And I could see Ambrose and Reigns not trusting anyone and letting anyone else in, while their paranoia gets to themselves about one another... Eventually leading to a Dean Ambrose heel turn on Reigns into a solo career.

Evolution is right now what it was meant to be:

HHH - past

Orton - present

Rollins - future

Big E could be a main player in the WWE, but needs to go with his 5-count gimmick.

Batista is primed for a face return when he comes back.

I kind of see the whole Stephanie/Triple H power hunger thing coming to the forefront again. They're wrestling other talent, harassing people, ect... I see a Vince McMahon return, much like what was originally rumored to be the case, in the near future. He'll bring Batista back with him.

I agree, it's about time for a Vince return to take back control.   They really ****ed out Batista though, making him job and be the weakest link of Evolution 2.0.  It was always him getting pinned first.  I guess they kind of had to though, I mean Orton is the present and HHH is still better in the ring than Batista.  

I think they made a ton of miscalculations with Batista.

They thought he was a bigger star than he was.

They thought the fans missed him.

They thought he would be better in the ring than he is.

They thought the publicity tie ins with Guardians of the Galaxy (which is still ten weeks away) would be a bigger deal. 

I think they thought he was 80 percent of the Rock when maybe he is 20 percent.

I can't remember the last time I watched Raw, but I am definitely catching the next one. This Dean Ambrose guy..... i remember there being rumrs about him coming up 2-3 years ago. Sounds like he's made a name for himself. Definitely looks the part, too.

lol Why did you tell me to do this? lol

My favorite replies so far on his Facebook page...

Wrestling is at it's best when the fans take it serious. lol

Reminds me of when fans were harassing Bret Hart, and saying outrageous **** when he started trashing the US during his stint with the Hart Foundation pt 2

• Like 1

They thought the publicity tie ins with Guardians of the Galaxy (which is still ten weeks away) would be a bigger deal. 

Agreed. Although they do have an opportunity to get a good face pop upon his return if they do it correctly this time. His quitting and taking some time off was basically a way to hit the reset button.

I wonder if the Shield goes recruiting for a new member....or a few. I'm trying to think of who would be a good fit. No men on the main roster really fit the mold IMO.

What about Cody Rhodes?  He's played the heal before with Orton and DiBiase Jr.  He could pull it off and he just re-positioned himself back to a solo role, which has been hinted at for months with "friction" regarding losing and Gold Dust.  

Christian would be an awesome fit imo.  They wasted his talent keeping him at mid-tier before he left for TNA and while at TNA, I thought he was a great heal/champion.  They are wasting him right now, imo.  

The Miz might work too.  

I thought about those three, but can't see them all in black being new characters. Christian is a concussion from retirement. 

anybody in NXT?

Yeah, the Christian angle would be sweet as hell, because it was the Shield that beat him down and drug him out to Edge.  Then he heel turned on Bryan at a PPV.  It would be awesome for him to pop up and "go after" the Shield in say tag competition with whomever they want.  Then turn on his opponent in the match and join the Shield.

But you're right, he is a concussion away from retirement.

They thought the publicity tie ins with Guardians of the Galaxy (which is still ten weeks away) would be a bigger deal.

I think it had more to do with the fans having their hearts set on Daniel Bryan winning the RR and Batista being brought in at the wrong time. He was a scapegoat and it eventually became cool to boo him.

And there shouldn't be a new shield member. Remember how ****ty NWO 2000, the New Nexus, etc were

On another note, is there anything more pathetic than the fans that still chant CM Punk?

The dude doesn't give a **** about you guys. Let him and the WWE live. He's gone

I think it had more to do with the fans having their hearts set on Daniel Bryan winning the RR and Batista being brought in at the wrong time. He was a scapegoat and it eventually became cool to boo him.

And there shouldn't be a new shield member. Remember how ****ty NWO 2000, the New Nexus, etc were

On another note, is there anything more pathetic than the fans that still chant CM Punk?

The dude doesn't give a **** about you guys. Let him and the WWE live. He's gone

This is somewhat related to my idea that its own fanbase is going to destroy the WWE.

I'm not sure they know how to get heat from their audience any longer. But even if they did, I think their audience would give them the exact opposite reaction that they should.

This Bray Wyatt thing has me flummoxed. If the audience decides to make THAT a face act, I don't honestly don't know what you can do.

The post-Wrestlemania Raw used to be cool, because it was a once a year thing. Now, that seems to be every crowd.

• Like 1

Yeah, the internet crowd is getting the casual crowd to follow and that could really screw up the basics of wrestling.

I did read recently that WWE wanted to kinda get away from the face/heel dynamic so who knows?

But yeah it's really weird with Bray because that cannot work as a baby face. Simple as that. Of course the smarks will cheer it but when the kids try to be cool and do it, it gets weird

• Like 1

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing that they boo and cheer different things than they used to. It's just different. What matters is heat.

Cena has heat. Some nights it's boos, some nights cheers, some nights it's more mixed. As long as there is a reaction, it's not a bad thing.

People look at Batista as a failure this time around and I think they're part right... He was a failure in the way they intended him to be. But ultimately, he was a success in the way he turned out. He got a good pop last night and will again on his return.

Keep telling the good guy/bad guy story in the ring, let the fans tell their own story. The only mistake creative makes is that they don't seem to listen or adjust. Or they put guys in position to fail in their intended role, like Batista.

I think the problem with RAW is there's too much comedy. Hornswaggle and El Torito is awful. Santino can wrestle but they made his character a joke. A serious Santino is a believable mid card champion caliber guy.

That doesn't mean no comedy, it means don't overdo it. NXT gets this right.

• Like 2

It is weird how they push their social media footprint so much. But don't listen to the fans. If you follow on twitter during Raw. The segments with El Torito or Santino or Sandow are usually met with "bathroom break" tweets because people don't care. Isn't Even Bourne still around? Let him fight Kingston in a high flyers match. I'd watch that.

Agreed but that's just Vince's sick sense of humor. That's not going away

I don't mind goofy stuff in moderation. Adam Rose 's gimmick is a fun joke one. That's okay. As is Bo Dallas. Sometimes you need mid card guys to be funny and not serious

But the corny commentary jokes, torito, and Sandow dressing up needs to end