Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Eventually sure. Triple H eventually turned heel at WM 15.

But if you gradually phase them out as a group out (keeping them faces), you turn Ambrose later. Maybe a year down the road. I don't see why any of them need to be heels at this very moment.

Ambrose joining evolution is predicable.

Man, everything is predictable. Dirt sheets ruined wrestling for me...

WWE wants them to be solo wrestlers at some point. They won't keep them together if that's the case. Having three heels or faces that are all aligned is really not good wrestling logic. At least one of them has to be the opposite of the other two.

I don't want Flair back on TV. But he's coming back if he passes his physical.

I honestly think they just need to have a benefit for Flair. Figure out how much he owes everyone he owes, raise that for him, and they give him a yearly salary of that's enough to cover his alimony payments or whatever. Have all that money sent to his ex-wives, business partners, accountants, whoever.

I mean, it's very clear that we are never going to be rid of Flair as long as he owes money and he is always going to owe money. So, just keep him afloat until he inevitably dies of liver failure or is shot by the boyfriend of a mistress or something. Make a condition of the payment that he is never allowed inside a wrestling ring under any circumstances. He can cut a promo from in front of the Titantron once a year when they are in Charlotte. He can appear at the Hall of Fame ceremony. You can use him on DVDs. But never let him between the ropes.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Why does anyone want Flair back on TV? He's really sad to watch nowadays

I said that for the more comedic effect it would have if they were to pull another screw job on Orton.  

I was thinking back a few years when they had the Raw where all the factions/teams got back together for one night, like retro-raw, whatever it was called.  And when Evolution came out minus Randy Orton and they were all making fun of him and showed the clip when they turned on him and kicked him out.

I think it would be hilarious if they did that to Orton again.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

Just everything was so dumb.

Sandow dressed as Davy Crockett and fought Rose, who's weirdness is already magnified

Alicia Fox had another meltdown except this was dragged on and the crowd clearly was confused

The Bo debut and gave an awkward promo (which was even more weird because he gives promos just like his brother and looks just like him sans the beard). His gimmick is awful and he'll be jobbing in a few months

The main stuff was cool (Shield, Wyatt's, etc) but the undercard stuff was painful to watch

Three hours a week is just too much, isn't it?

Yes. Especially with all the other programming going on as well.

RAW 3 hours, Smackdown 2, NXT and Superstars, 1 hour apiece. That is 7 hours of programming every week.

And...

Half of the live show is recapping of previous weeks, and even previous segments in the same show. Seems like a waste of time to me, when they could be doing more with the US title, etc...

Correct. With that much programming, they should make all the titles feel important. There should be no reason that a champion should go weeks at a time without defending a belt. Or even mentioning his belt. 

What kills me is that if they WANTED to fill each show with new stuff, they could. But they keep one sending out a little person in a bull outfit to fight some jobbers. Then they do another recap. A call out...etc etc.

They have a big enough roster to do plenty. If you're putting 3MB and Sandow on TV, you're clearly out of any ideas.

What kills me is that if they WANTED to fill each show with new stuff, they could. But they keep one sending out a little person in a bull outfit to fight some jobbers. Then they do another recap. A call out...etc etc.

They have a big enough roster to do plenty. If you're putting 3MB and Sandow on TV, you're clearly out of any ideas.

Sandow deserves to be on TV in a much bigger role. Putting Sandow on TV the way they've been putting him on TV is a shame.

Sandow is wasted talent. So is Ziggler. I honestly think Ziggler is one of the most complete packages the WWE has right now in terms of talent and mic skills. The dude is one of the BEST at selling and taking bumps. 

He's not being put over though, I think, because he isn't a mammoth of a person (AKA Batista).

I've come to the conclusion that the biggest problem WWE has going forward is its own fanbase. It has kids that still believe to a degree and this snarky, smarky older crowd that knows it is all BS and treats Raw like Rocky Horror.

Think about this if I told you, "I have a great business idea. We are going to steal the idea behind Rocky Horror Picture Show and have that small intense fanbase....but also sell to kids," you would think I was crazy, right?

That's what WWE (and therefore pro wrestling) is in America right now.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure that pro wrestling will exist as an art form in 20 years. I just don't see how the kids who like Cena now can be transitioned into the 30something slackers that make up the other half of the current audience. I mean, everyone who posts on this thread probably only really watches WWE because it hit you in a sweet spot at a certain age. It's like dudes who still go to Kiss or Poison concerts.

I want to say The Rock, but Jericho can go. Foley too. 

And I would dare say that Flair is number 2, but people tell me that without Dusty, Flair wouldn't have been Flair. So I don't know. 

I would go

1.Rock

2.Flair

3.Jericho

4.Rhodes

5.Foley

6.Raven (No disrespect towards Raven, I just don't remember hearing him talk before on the mike and it being epic.)

Sandow is a fine performer and on the mic. He has an awful gimmick that was doomed from the start. I was one of the people here that said we've seen that bit before. The fans weren't booing him as a heal. They wanted him out of the ring. Send him away and come back rebranded.

Zigler I think is the true crime here. Talented guy who they pulled back. For what?

I always enjoyed Rock on the stick, but it often felt like an SNL skit.

Dusty Rhodes could make grown men cry. And he could get funky like a monkey.

Youtube is awesome. Look up Dusty and Ole Anderson's promos during the Big Turn of 1980 clips. Anderson was pretty incredible in his own right.

In that, they re-run an incredible Dusty promo from '78 or '79 where he is standing in the showers in the Omni (in his gear thank God), bleeding like a stuck pig after getting hit in the head with a steel-towed boot, and screaming at Ole and Ivan Koloff that their war will never be over.

I think this is all of it. You tube is blocked for me at work.

http://wrestling-is-fake.tumblr.com/post/21246663962/the-year-1980-the-match-dusty-rhodes-and-his

I forget that this led to Dusty brining in Andre The Giant to settle things once and for all.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 1