Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

This has Vince written all over it I can just see him in that storyline meeting assuring everyone it'll work. Cena actually wouldn't be a complicated heel turn just pander to the people that boo him because of what he looks like (They say it's because he can't wrestle but I don't buy that)

RIP

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Former_WCW_Announcer_Lee_Marshall_Passes_Away.html

Former WCW Announcer Lee Marshall Passes Away

By Marc Middleton

Apr 27, 2014 - 10:00:54 PM

- Multiple news outlets in Los Angeles are reporting that former WCW announcer Lee Marshall has passed away.

Marshall was also the voice of Kellog's Tony the Tiger and worked for various news stations in Los Angeles.

Marshall was also the ring announcer for the Los Angeles portion of WWE's WrestleMania 2.

Edited by spjunkies

Haven't seen it mentioned in here yet, but if you like stories of stuff like the old Sportatorium/NWA/UWF/Crockett/etc days go check out some of Steve Austin's podcasts.

There's a clean version & an Unleashed version. I recommend the ****ing Unleashed version. :)

Those are great.

I loved the one with cornette lol

Listened to it the other day. The Micheal Haynes one was great as well. So was the Heyman one with the listening in on the Smackdown call bit. And Dusty. I'm on the Bruce Pritchard one right now.

Any chance Punk returns for Payback on June 1?

It's in Chicago...

Who knows. Punk is just doing his own thing right now. I could see him coming back next week. I could see him coming back next year. I could see him not coming back at all. 

WWE seems to be doing just fine without him. Of course they want him back, but their sitting pretty good right now from where I'm standing. 

Had the ppv on in the background... I actually enjoyed it.

WeeLC was fun. Stupid. But fun.

Cesaro is awesome in the ring.

Evolution/Shield was entertaining.

Hope they don't bury Big E. Tag partner time for a bit?

Paige is good but the WWE divas are all so boring... The NXT divas are much more interesting.

Cena and Bray's finish was awkward.

And YES!

PPV was dope as hell.

The Shield match was so nuts. Cesaro is the only guy that makes me mark out once per match. He's too damn strong I swear lol.

Cena and Bray was great and the ending was absolutely chilling.

Even the finish looked really hokey, the Bryan-Kane match was nice too.

The days of mute, boring big men need to end. Big E and the Bulgarian dude will and should be curtain jerking from now on.

And despite the ridiculous hype, the Paige chick is just a Wednesday Adams version of Natalya. Part of it isn't her fault because she's booked to be a super corny baby face but she'll have her 4-5 month run before the Bellas grab the title again

The children of the corn thing is different but I would have liked to see it for the first time last night instead of one week ago. Now what do they do with it?

Would be kinda cool if they had the kid get older and older each time Bray does something with Cena on TV... And by the end, when Cena is most shaken by it and he realizes Bray's message has been spread to virtually everyone...

Cena is in the locker room, looking in the mirror. Much like he was about a month ago... But his reflection begins to move (CGI it in or something) and the reflection begins to sing "He's got the Whole World... In his hands..."

Where you go from there I'm not sure... But it would be creepy as hell if they did it right. Or they could do the same thing and make it extremely corny. All in the production!

Would be kinda cool if they had the kid get older and older each time Bray does something with Cena on TV... And by the end, when Cena is most shaken by it and he realizes Bray's message has been spread to virtually everyone...

Cena is in the locker room, looking in the mirror. Much like he was about a month ago... But his reflection begins to move (CGI it in or something) and the reflection begins to sing "He's got the Whole World... In his hands..."

Where you go from there I'm not sure... But it would be creepy as hell if they did it right. Or they could do the same thing and make it extremely corny. All in the production!

Imagine the effect it would have had if the PPV was the first time we'd seen any of it.

I guess I'm the only one that thinks this cult **** is stupid as hell......Horrible ending to that match.  I was already ticked off enough about watching super Cena in a cage match.  It still wasn't a clean win imo, he was fighting all the Wyatts.  And to stop just because some idiot looking kid appeared?  ****ing horrible.  

They did miss on the ultimate opportunity to make Cena a super heal and push Bray over the top though.  They should have had Cena grab the kid, take him in the ring, hoist him up to deliver the FU and have the Wyatt's stop him, Bray deliver the sister Abigail, and all three Wyatts walk out together with the kid.

That would be about as much heat as Cena could get, considering the kids love him.  To even think about doing that would also prove that Bray had won the mental war with Cena as well and broken him down.

Imagine the effect it would have had if the PPV was the first time we'd seen any of it.

Problem there is that not as many people are seeing the PPV as they do RAW.

I guess I'm the only one that thinks this cult **** is stupid as hell......Horrible ending to that match.  I was already ticked off enough about watching super Cena in a cage match.  It still wasn't a clean win imo, he was fighting all the Wyatts.  And to stop just because some idiot looking kid appeared?  ****ing horrible.  

They did miss on the ultimate opportunity to make Cena a super heal and push Bray over the top though.  They should have had Cena grab the kid, take him in the ring, hoist him up to deliver the FU and have the Wyatt's stop him, Bray deliver the sister Abigail, and all three Wyatts walk out together with the kid.

That would be about as much heat as Cena could get, considering the kids love him.  To even think about doing that would also prove that Bray had won the mental war with Cena as well and broken him down.

I thought the ending was clunky. Love the storyline though. And Bray sold the awkward, clunky ending well.

But I've come to the conclusion that the WWE isn't going to turn Cena heel. At least without him being brain washed Daniel Bryan style. They could get away with that, because the kids will know that the real Cena has been taken by Bray. So while they'd hate him while heel, they'd go right back to him when he broke the trance.

Too bad they did that storyline with Bryan already. Would have worked better with Cena.

• Like 1

And its all marketing too.  If they had done what I suggested, it most likely would have cost them in merchandise sales.  Where as this won't.  Also, he probably is their most marketed guy outside the ring, make a wish foundation, charity events, etc.  

And you nailed it, they could have made it Cena instead of Bryan, not sure why they wasted the story line on Danial Bryan.  Unless they are going to revisit it and possibly have Bray match off with Danial Bryan for the WWE Championship - YES!

I have a gut feeling that there is going to be some internal friction tonight on RAW with Evolution.  I wonder if Batista is going to play the whine card - i.e. I got pinned cause you two left me in there alone after getting knocked out, blah, blah blah.

I guess I'm the only one that thinks this cult **** is stupid as hell......Horrible ending to that match. I was already ticked off enough about watching super Cena in a cage match. It still wasn't a clean win imo, he was fighting all the Wyatts. And to stop just because some idiot looking kid appeared? ****ing horrible.

They did miss on the ultimate opportunity to make Cena a super heal and push Bray over the top though. They should have had Cena grab the kid, take him in the ring, hoist him up to deliver the FU and have the Wyatt's stop him, Bray deliver the sister Abigail, and all three Wyatts walk out together with the kid.

That would be about as much heat as Cena could get, considering the kids love him. To even think about doing that would also prove that Bray had won the mental war with Cena as well and broken him down.

You turn Cena heel by targeting the fans that hate him because of what he looks like and think he's disingenuous and cant wrestle. Make him a little more ****y and into himself and then do an angle where he doesn't work some matches because he doesn't feel like it and all the fans that booed him don't deserve to see him but at the same time make it look like his popularity with the other half of the fans has completely gone to his head. If that goes over, and it should, you start your feud with Daniel Bryan. Maybe even involve Mrs Daniel Bryan to really put Cena over as the dbag that hits on married woman.

Maybe even involve Mrs Daniel Bryan to really put Cena over as the dbag that hits on married woman.

If they do eventually have a Cena/Bryan feud, the Bellas would have to be involed somehow. Since Bryan is married to one, and Cena is in a relationship with the other. 

I liked Extreme Rules last night.  What had me laughing though, was the little press conferences they had after the match. I didn't know if I was laughing because it was corny, or because I was impressed. But all I know is that it caught me off guard.

Cena won't be going heel any time soon. He's still too important to the make a wish foundation.

exactly.

I know you never say never in the wrestling biz but that one is about as close to the "never happening" zone as Macho in the HOF. 

Make a wish, toys, cartoons. It took a complete culture change in the US for Hogan to finally turn heel. 

exactly.

I know you never say never in the wrestling biz but that one is about as close to the "never happening" zone as Macho in the HOF. 

Make a wish, toys, cartoons. It took a complete culture change in the US for Hogan to finally turn heel. 

Was Hogan as vilified back before he turned heel as Cena is now? I feel like Cena's heel persona with a more sophisticated twist (no more rapping, replace the throwback jerseys with some Armani suits or something) and it'd work. It's all about figuring out how to irritate the hell out of the anti-Cena crowd and everyone else will follow eventually. Heck split up Evolution with Randy Orton as the face (Have Bautista sit out with some obviously exadurated injury and make him look soft stuff like that) and throw Cena in there. That way they can actually do something with them.

Edited by SJValleySkinz