Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Turkish guy on guy oil wrestling > TNA. I never thought the final months of WCW could be recreated but they're coming pretty close.

The final months of WCW were secretly pretty good in the ring. The upper card booking was still a disaster of course (though I liked Scott Steiner's push), but they had gotten the cruiserweights and mid-card back in pretty good shape. The promotion just had the smell of death to it though.

1999 through mid 2000 is what destroyed all hope for WCW.

He had a big pushed lined up a few years ago in the WWE but the internet basically screwed him but leaking that he was supposed to be VKM's illegitimacy son

Instead it went to ****ing horns woggle

Yeah, then he evaporated from being anything in WWE.

RVA, yeah, he is still listed on the TNA roster, not sure how they are using him, haven't watched TNA in a long time.  When they brought him in, he seemed to have a big push there, not sure now though, I don't think he currently holds any belts.

He had a big pushed lined up a few years ago in the WWE but the internet basically screwed him but leaking that he was supposed to be VKM's illegitimacy son

Instead it went to ****ing horns woggle

I thought they changed it to hornswaggle because Kennedy failed a drug test then they released him because he was unsafe in the ring.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that angle!! I was so pissed when it was Hornswaggle...I mean, seriously?

On another note, I can't stand the El torito / Hornswaggle fued. I know these guys are willingly wrestling and are collecting a paycheck...but I still feel weird watching them. "LOL Look it's little people wrestling, how adorable!!". Found a new bathroom break match instead of "divas" matches...

• Like 2

Finally caught up on the thread, some of you guys are brilliant, seriously enjoyed reading the last two months of this. 

So this weekend is Fathers Day and as a present to myself I'm going to my first, and as I believe it will be, last TNA Wrestling event. The last wrestling event I went to live was this past April I saw a Sunday house show in Dallas which was headlined by two matches

Randy Orton vs John Cena in a steel cage for the WWE Title

The Shield vs The Wyatts (They had a single televised 6 way match when I saw this and it stole the show)

I sat ringside and really enjoyed that. This Sunday TNA is hosting it's Slammaversary PPV in Dallas and I am going to that event. The tickets only cost $12 a piece. I don't normally watch TNA. I watched TNA in 04-06 every week but got away from weekly watching but checked in on it from time to time. I am a life long wrestling fan. I just watched my first TNA Wrestling of 2014 which was last weeks Impact wrestling and looked up the card for the ppv (as of today):

TNA World Heavyweight Championship

MVP vs. Eric Young ©

-Bully Ray vs. Ethan Carter III

-Bobby Lashley vs. Samoa Joe

-Austin Aries vs. Kenny King

-Mr. Anderson vs. James Storm 

-Willow vs. Magnus

Couple of things stand out to me about this card. First as for the workers I am not sure I am the only one that doesn't know this, "Williow" is Jeff Hardy, from Matt and Jeff Hardy fame. That's good to me as I like Jeff Hardy and I like Bully Ray (Bubba Ray Dudley from ECW's The Dudley Boys),  Mr Anderson, and Samoa Joe are two guys I've always wanted to see wrestle live.

The other talent listed doesn't really appeal to me very much but I plan to keep an open mind. Live wrestling is something I've always enjoyed and I'm very loud so have been on TV many times and I'm sure I will see myself on it during this broadcast as well. If your a wrestling fan you owe it to yourself to support it whenever you can and always go to the live matches. I am excited about going to see this.

So about the talent and with that said, In what world does a booker think that Eric Young, who last I had heard of him was on a reality TV show on Animal Planet, in what world does a booker put the companies world title on Eric Young? Is that what people are going to pay to go see? Is this cool to TNA fans? Does Eric Young put asses in seats? Seriously when I saw that Young was the world champion I was stunned. He is like Santino Morrella to me, funny in an annoying I want to punch him in the face for being so annoying, sorta way. I've seen crazy moves with belts before because the company was scared the talent would leave the area before but this has to rank up there for absolute worst Heavyweight Champions of all time (Not that this unseats David Arquette or Vince Russo as worst champions of all time but still pretty bad)

MVP I am familiar with but last I saw of him he was a floundering mid card jobber in the WWE with a big mouth and very little talent. How he is in line to be the next Champion? I don't understand either choice to carry the company and have to wonder who is wanting this to happen? The good news is I've heard that MVP has a knee injury, so I am hoping he has to pull out of this match completely. The last time I saw TNA they had tons of stars, what the hell happened here?

The second thing I noticed was there was only one tittle match on the entire card and it is the heavyweight title match between those two. Very very disappointing. TNA had a great women's division last I checked, they had the "X" division and the "X" title. What about the tag team titles? And when was the last ppv on that had only one title match? Something else I don't understand

The feeling I get right now is this smells like the last days of the WCW. Seriously unless things change and improve for them in a hurry they are going out of business. The only way they stay around is if a company wanted to lose money with this. I can not see a ppv card like that appealing to anyone. I'm going because it's in my backyard, but this is awful

Edited by hankersonfan

MVP I am familiar with but last I saw of him he was a floundering mid card jobber in the WWE with a big mouth and very little talent. How he is in line to be the next Champion? I don't understand either choice to carry the company and have to wonder who is wanting this to happen? The good news is I've heard that MVP has a knee injury, so I am hoping he has to pull out of this match completely. The last time I saw TNA they had tons of stars, what the hell happened here?

MVP apparently made enough money as a WWE mid-card jobber to buy the damn company.

Seriously, think about that.

I actually want a full report when you are done. Not on the card, but on the attendance and general feel. The cool new thing on the wrestling news sites is pictures of the live crowds at TNA shows. You can generally county everyone individually.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

What are the chances of Kurt Angle coming back?

you really want to see him in the ring again? He just blew out his knee

They can't possibly leave Reigns without a mouthpiece can they? Ambrose should get more promos too and at the end of the day I'll go out on a limb and say he'll be a bigger babyface star than Reigns will.

Reigns isnt bad on the mic. All they need to do is for him to look scary and say "I'm gonna ****ing kill you" in so many words

He does a fine job at it. He doesn't need to do long speeches

you really want to see him in the ring again? He just blew out his knee

Reigns isnt bad on the mic. All they need to do is for him to look scary and say "I'm gonna ****ing kill you" in so many words

He does a fine job at it. He doesn't need to do long speeches

I still think he needs Ambrose on the mic before he's solidified in the title picture. If he had Ambrose's mic skills he'd be a legend in waiting.