Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Jericho is a face. Traditionally, a face doesn't cheat to win. And he needed a win. I still think you're overreacting about Wyatt. If he loses to Jericho at SummerSlam, I'll be aboard with you, though.

Why does he need a win?

He's going to be gone in a few months.

And then he'll be back sometime next year and will be just as over.

Why does he need a win?

He's going to be gone in a few months.

And then he'll be back sometime next year and will be just as over.

Thank you. He's frigging Chris Jericho. He doesn't need a win.

In all honesty, he should be on some ****ty VH1 reality show somewhere.

He can still put on a great match but he needs to be going over more often than not

The last thing the WWE needed was to scrap the Ambrose/Rollins match in a PPV.  That made zero sense to me.  They may think they built hype around it to make it bigger at the next event, but I think it has more of a negative impact on fans that are potential new subscribers.  

Let's face it, everyone wanted to see that match.  Now they just **** on the fans.  The PPVs have gotten weaker, which makes no sense to me.  While I'm pleased with the price I'm paying and they are still satisfactory for me (for the most part), its hit or miss on some of those matches they put out.

The wrestlers are under contract, so it can't be about money, cause they get paid the same regardless of the outcome.  It cost the same to put on a show/PPV with great matches or above average/average matches.  So why when they need the network to take off, put on mediocre/slightly above avg. PPVs?  

Has the writing gotten that bad?  Are they severely overthinking what fans want?  Are they trying to anticipate what the fans want to the point of ruining the product/profits?

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

By leaps and bounds. No Cena?! I'll take it.

Battleground didn't need to happen. No need to have a PPV as unimportant as that one.

- Happy that Cesaro is at least moving away from Heyman. I liked the move at the time (post Wrestlemania) since he was so over, but he has severly stalled - hopefully we can gain some momentum back w/ the Authority.

- Loved the Paige heel turn. Got some legit heat, too!

- Dolph got one over on Miz! Awesome! Anybody else/see Miz talking to Dolph throughout the match? Dude's gotta do a better job of hiding that, he gave away part of the match. He's also pretty sloppy :( Wish they didn't put the strap on him.

- Loving the Nation of Domination 2.0. I had no idea who that was in the white suit when I tuned in...I thought I had missed an arc. Although...Kofi as a heel? I could get down with that...

- Why is Khali even wrestling? He missed 2 boots and even Michael Cole couldn't save him on those. Can't believe that kick to the shoulder brought Khali down (hahaha)... I suppose Rusev did all he could do work this match. Can't believe he got a clean win. Also, did WWE catch backlash when they talked about the 'recent events' re: flight 17 @ Battleground?

- Stefanie getting arrested = awesome. I love bits like this.

- If Rollins really is injured, they ought to crank out a few vids of Rollins at his house/in public where Ambrose stalks and attacks him (think SCSA in Vince's hospital room) to hold us over til Summerslam. Loving Ambrose right now.

- So let's assume Brock wins the title from Cena @ Summerslam.... Are we to think that Seth Rollins will challenge Brock for the title? Maybe when Brock wins, Rollins will rush in as he's getting up and give him a curb-stomp for the 1,2,3.

TNA should throw a boatload of $ and sign CM Punk. TNA has had a little momentum of late with better shows, the return of the 6-sided ring, being in NYC and Bound for Glory being in Japan.

They'd create a tremendous amount of buzz with this signing.

CM Punk hates TNA. He has stated before he would never work there again. They're done anyway. Rumor is that Vince Russo working with them in secret has pissed Spike off. They don't want him around and now they're on the fence about renewing their TV deal with TNA.

Punk is done wrestling. I don't get why fans can't accept that.

Sure he may come back 5-7 years down the road for a short run but now he's done. Dude has been breaking his back wrestling for decades. I remember watching him in TNA when I was in 5th grade lol. I'm beginning my fourth year of college now.

He's earned a well deserved retirement

Plus, TNA is literally the equivalent of double A baseball. Why would he go there?

A last date in ROH? I could see but not TNA

Signing "big" names doesn't help TNA. Hogan was there and he was bigger than the promotion. All you can think is "What is he doing with these small-timers?"

TNA is not WCW. Punk is not going to show up and be standing in a ring with Flair and Vader - guys that had legitimately sold out arenas on mulitiple continents.. Punk will make everyone look small instead of elevating them. MVP is actually the proper level of star to hire. (Of course, they made it seem like he made enough in the mid-card to buy the entire promotion and - once again - make themselves look small).

I stole some of these from another site largely, but a few interesting things happened on Raw last night.

Dolph and Miz had a legitimate old school face/heel match. And the crowd liked it. Amazing how easy that is.

Paige pulled a legit old-fashioned heel move. And it worked. Even with the divas, basic stuff is good.

Heyman set up the main event at Summer Slam in logical fashion. HHH wants the belt off Cena (though, to be honest, I'm not sure why). Brock wants the belt. Paul's job is to get Brock what he wants. So....let's have the match. Again, simple and cool, and it worked.

Three hours is ridiculous though.

I don't know I like Punk but he's definitely not someone I'm upset over leaving. Then again I don't take wrestling all that seriously so I guess it doesn't hit me like others.

Signing "big" names doesn't help TNA. Hogan was there and he was bigger than the promotion. All you can think is "What is he doing with these small-timers?"

TNA is not WCW. Punk is not going to show up and be standing in a ring with Flair and Vader - guys that had legitimately sold out arenas on mulitiple continents.. Punk will make everyone look small instead of elevating them. MVP is actually the proper level of star to hire. (Of course, they made it seem like he made enough in the mid-card to buy the entire promotion and - once again - make themselves look small).

I stole some of these from another site largely, but a few interesting things happened on Raw last night.

Dolph and Miz had a legitimate old school face/heel match. And the crowd liked it. Amazing how easy that is.

Paige pulled a legit old-fashioned heel move. And it worked. Even with the divas, basic stuff is good.

Heyman set up the main event at Summer Slam in logical fashion. HHH wants the belt off Cena (though, to be honest, I'm not sure why). Brock wants the belt. Paul's job is to get Brock what he wants. So....let's have the match. Again, simple and cool, and it worked.

Three hours is ridiculous though.

Heyman is one of the last remaining people in the business who can sell you on a match with his mic skills. He almost always delivers on his promos. I enjoyed that last night.

Paige is finally interesting. They booked her so horribly while AJ was gone.

Punk is done wrestling. I don't get why fans can't accept that.

Sure he may come back 5-7 years down the road for a short run but now he's done. Dude has been breaking his back wrestling for decades. I remember watching him in TNA when I was in 5th grade lol. I'm beginning my fourth year of college now.

He's earned a well deserved retirement Plus, TNA is literally the equivalent of double A baseball. Why would he go there?

A last date in ROH? I could see but not TNA

So let me get this straight. TNA is AA, but ROH is AAA?

Since when? I never understood why TNA is so hated, but ROH is so great (I've seen ROH, what am I missing?) and despite everyone ALWAYS complaining about the WWE, but no one dares turn the channel.

If a wrestler goes to TNA from the WWE, he's called a "WWE reject." I wonder if Sting will be called a "TNA reject?"

And how many years have people been saying TNA is dead? One of these days, you guys might be right.

Edited by DM72

WWE put out a survey to some people who attended Wrestlemania 30 asking them to rank potential cities for future Wrestlemanias. Here are the cities they listed:

Minneapolis

Dallas-Arlington-Fort Worth

Orlando

Tampa Bay

San Diego

Jacksonville

St. Louis

Detroit

Philadelphia

London (UK)

Pittsburgh

New York-New Jersey