Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

Etc

Yeah, like HOF says the row is the important bit.  Rows like..I want to say 14 and below and you are all good I believe.  Above that is where it starts getting dicey depending on what row you're in and how close to the aisles your are in that row.  The OP has a detailed explanation detailing which rows have what degrees of obstruction.

All are 14 and back. Will be more specific when I reach home. I know it's a bit hard to see punts up past 14...but is it that bad?

Not unless you have a big thing for hang time. :P  But yeah the row and seat are huge when figuring out how good your view will be in there.  Some obstructed view areas you can see the whole field just perfectly, or maybe just be missing a tiny corner or part of the end-zone.  Others you'll have your view of half the field blocked.  Really can't give you a great idea until you know the row and ideally the seat.

But hey, even if they're bad they get you in and often you can move down anyway depending on the game and the crowd. :)

All are 14 and back. Will be more specific when I reach home. I know it's a bit hard to see punts up past 14...but is it that bad?

It's not just the overhang.There are massive 2'x4' concrete pillars that can block huge chunks of the field depending on row and seat number. And the farther back, the worse the views are.

aid:

For regular redskins attendees I might go to my first game next Sunday. The tickets in the 200s are 20-30 but may be obstructed. How do I know what sections are obstructed and how do I know if the section is worth sitting in?

IX, just out of curiousity, how many people are you getting tickets for?  Club tickets on Stubhub are going for as low as $60 per person (including fees). I think paying that would be more worth it for a better experience than taking a chance of sitting in OVs that might be less than desirable.

How, specifically, did the new parking procedure suck?

In the Red Zone,we were pleasantly surprised at how much better the parking was this year.

I was in the Green for the first time ever and it took 2 and half hours total to get in and get out. The crossing guards looked overwhelmed.

I've never had that problem before and I have been to a decent amount of games

I was in the Green for the first time ever and it took 2 and half hours total to get in and get out. The crossing guards looked overwhelmed.

I've never had that problem before and I have been to a decent amount of games

Which green lot? I parked at Green D last Sunday and I was out the lot in 15 mins. Crossing guards kinda sucked getting cars out but overall wasn't bad getting out.

Some Stubhub seats available

Section 216 Row 23
Section 214 Row 22
Section 217 Row 16
226, Row 21
216, 16
215, 23
223, 19 
227, 17
225, 19
225, 16 

Unsure about obstructions.

IX, just out of curiousity, how many people are you getting tickets for?  Club tickets on Stubhub are going for as low as $60 per person (including fees). I think paying that would be more worth it for a better experience than taking a chance of sitting in OVs that might be less than desirable.

One. I'll think about it.

In the process of planning a trip to the Rams game next week. Living in NYC until Christmas so trying to make the most of the opportunity. Need some advice off people if possible though!

Main thing I need to know is how long does it take getting back to central DC after the game? Long queues for the metro etc.?

Have a hotel booked in central DC about 50 mins journey from Fedex Field. My bus back to NYC is at 7.30pm from Union Station. Need to collect my bag and checkout of my hotel after the game though and then head out to Union Station. I won't be cutting it extremely tight with time wise will I? 

Any help much appreciated!

Not sure if you got your answer, but here's my thoughts. 

As you've probably figured out, it's about 1 mile to the closest Metro station to/from FedEx field. Depending on your seats (upper, lower deck) it will take a good 30 minutes to walk to get there. Yes, the queues will be long. Normal travel time from Morgan Blvd (not sure which Metro station you're taking from FedEx or where you're going in central DC) I'm guessing will take about 45-60 minutes. Assume the game ends about 4:15PM:

30 minutes to walk to Metro Station

30 minute queue time (probably worst case)

60 minutes to Central DC

That puts you downtown about 6:15pm. Not sure where your hotel is, but you can probably Uber back & forth to Union Station in time to make catch your bus. Traffic at that time downtown should not be too bad. But again, it will depend on where you're going. If I were you, I'd check out of your hotel BEFORE you go to the game & then check your bags with the bellman at the hotel. Then after the game you only need to get to the hotel & pick up your bags. You can skip the checkout & take the same cab back to Union Station. 

A couple of other things: 

Metro - Make sure you put enough money on your SmartTrip card to cover your round-trip fare. Do this on your way to FedEx. You DO NOT want to have to add money leaving FedEx to get you back downtown or you will be wasting a lot of time. It should be pretty clear how much you will need for the round-trip. I always add a $1 or $2 to make sure I'm covered. 

Cabs - regular cab fares in DC are very, very strange & can be very expensive to go just a couple of blocks. They operate on Zones which makes it nearly impossible to figure out how much it will cost you. Uber does a great job & is very reasonable. 

Thats really really helpful. Much appreciated! 

I'm going to the Metro Center station so think from my research its only a bit over a half an hour from Morgan Boulevard station. Sitting in the lower deck too so can hopefully shave a couple of mins off there. Your advice about checking out beforehand and having money already on the card should help a lot too. 

Don't think I should be pushing it bad time wise so. Just got to hope the game doesn't go to OT. Thanks a lot!

Hey Mark,

Great article. Thanks for all the information. Just moved back to Maryland after being away for 10 years. The wife and I are going to start going to the games.

We are looking at buying a couple of Loge seats for the Saints game. Wanted your advice for buying loge seats on Stub Hub. Any gotchas or bewares? The section is Loge Suite 322. They sound like good seats.

Thanks. Hope to meet you and some of the other fans at the game some time soon.

ThompsonMD

Archived