Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

Jericho lots or Barlowe Road are both good.  For Jericho, get off on exit 16 and stay in the right lane.  You will get up to a line of people checking parking passes and they will defer you over to the road on the right.  There are fewer seats now than there were ten years ago, but it is still somewhat of a mess to get in/out.  If I were you I would aim to get there about two hours before kickoff.  The off site/distant parking (where you rode a shuttle bus to the stadium) is LONG gone (2008?)

Thanks!  I see where you prefer the Barlowe lot.  Is that still $25?  Taking $50 to be safe, but obviously would love to only have to pay half that.  Really my main concerns with parking are getting in and good tailgating.  I think we've decided to leave around 10:30am to allow us plenty of time due to any New Years traffic.  Getting out might be a b*tch but we'll just have to deal with that.  I bought my tickets off of a STH here in Richmond and he recommended Jericho so I was just snooping on here to see if there were better options.  Thanks again :) 

• 8 months later...

My girlfriend and I are coming to the States from London next week on holiday, not least to come to our first NFL game.

I bought a couple a tickets to the opening game a few months ago and only afterwards realised they will likely have seriously restricted views - Section 219, near the back and in the middle. (Don't ask how much we paid: I feel daft enough for not doing my research beforehand...)

How likely is it there will be empty seats we can move to after the game starts?

Will we be able to move to different sections to find empty seats or will our tickets only get us into the 200s?

What's the likely lowest price for any other seated (not SRO) tickets with unrestricted views if we buy two more a day or so before the game (could they go as low as $50 each, for example?)

11 hours ago, me_icarus said:

How likely is it there will be empty seats we can move to after the game starts?

Will we be able to move to different sections to find empty seats or will our tickets only get us into the 200s?

What's the likely lowest price for any other seated (not SRO) tickets with unrestricted views if we buy two more a day or so before the game (could they go as low as $50 each, for example?)

Moving to empty seats might be hard since it's week 1. When I go to a hockey game and I want to move closer, I take a picture of sections below and later on see if those empty seats are still empty. If so, there is a good chance no one is sitting there. They have gate attendants at each section. Some check everyone's tickets, some don't. If you walk by them with confidence, you should be fine. Might have better luck just moving closer in the 200's.

I would check stubhub, seatgeek, etc the day of the game leading up to the game. Since it's Philly and they travel well to FedEx, again it might be tough, but worth a shot.

On the other hand, if hurricane Irma is headed up the coast on Sunday, you might want to stay under the cover in the 200's!

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:14 AM, Cooooley47 said:

would check stubhub, seatgeek, etc the day of the game leading up to the game

....this would be your best bet, especially since you already have tickets.  I scored some club tix for the Rams @ Skins home opener a few years ago on the day of the game for around $50 each (could have gotten up to 3).

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:14 AM, Cooooley47 said:

When I go to a hockey game and I want to move closer, I take a picture of sections below and later on see if those empty seats are still empty.

tumblr_m7id3lmSPT1rr0110o5_250.gif

Ok, so unrelated to the depressing Skins game yesterday, I noticed they added Cup Holders to Row 1 of the 400 section.   This is a nice little addition that made my day.   I used to put my cup on the little ledge in front of me, but it was slanted, so I ways always nervous it would tip over.

cupholder.jpg

Cupholders were added to the 100 levels as well, at least my seat.  I'm sure if you got it, the 200 levels did as well.  

I also noticed that, at 4 minutes left in half and at the end of the game, they put security down at the visitor tunnel and they waived off approaching fans from coming down the ramp on the visitor side.  I guess enough people complained about the logjam trying to get out of their seats.

One thing that did frustrate me- at 5:50 pm one of the outdoor supervisors came over to us and told us to pack up as they were closing the lot- we were In purple D, which I believe is the dream seat holder lot.  All last year we never got kicked out, and I don't believe I missed any sort of communication about this.  They said it was because we lost the game.  Doesn't make sense to me. 

7 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

Cupholders were added to the 100 levels as well, at least my seat.  I'm sure if you got it, the 200 levels did as well.  

I also noticed that, at 4 minutes left in half and at the end of the game, they put security down at the visitor tunnel and they waived off approaching fans from coming down the ramp on the visitor side.  I guess enough people complained about the logjam trying to get out of their seats.

One thing that did frustrate me- at 5:50 pm one of the outdoor supervisors came over to us and told us to pack up as they were closing the lot- we were In purple D, which I believe is the dream seat holder lot.  All last year we never got kicked out, and I don't believe I missed any sort of communication about this.  They said it was because we lost the game.  Doesn't make sense to me. 

Thought the 100 section always had cup holders built onto the end of the arm rest?   In any case the cup holders in the 400 section were only Row 1.  I didn't see them anywhere else.     Though if we are going to mention frustration issues, for some reason they completely closed off the 400 section escalator and made us walk down the ramp.  (luckily 1/2 way down I was able to grab the escalator to finish the trip down.)

Just now, Howie411 said:

Thought the 100 section always had cup holders built onto the end of the arm rest?   In any case the cup holders in the 400 section were only Row 1.  I didn't see them anywhere else.     Though if we are going to mention frustration issues, for some reason they completely closed off the 400 section escalator and made us walk down the ramp.  (luckily 1/2 way down I was able to grab the escalator to finish the trip down.)

Last year was my first year with my own ST, and attending games without family, and in 114 we didn't have cupholders at all.  

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question. I haven't sat in club seats in years, usually I prefer lower level seats. But for this raiders game I've seen club seats for less than $100. Best deal I saw was 301 row 6 for $90 each. That's on the 40 yard line. My question is why are they among the cheapest seats available? Aren't these some of the most expensive? I'm about to snag them but I'm just curious as to why that is.

23 hours ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

Quick question. I haven't sat in club seats in years, usually I prefer lower level seats. But for this raiders game I've seen club seats for less than $100. Best deal I saw was 301 row 6 for $90 each. That's on the 40 yard line. My question is why are they among the cheapest seats available? Aren't these some of the most expensive? I'm about to snag them but I'm just curious as to why that is.

IMHO, the team still has a bunch of empty club seats and they dump them on the open market as game time approaches.  Better to get something than nothing.  A few years ago, they were providing free club upgrades to people in the upper deck, but once the Post caught wind of that, they shut it down.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/12/09/how-to-experience-the-redskins-club-level-at-fedex-field-for-the-price-of-a-sandwich/?utm_term=.d00b5eae996d

36 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

IMHO, the team still has a bunch of empty club seats and they dump them on the open market as game time approaches.  Better to get something than nothing.  A few years ago, they were providing free club upgrades to people in the upper deck, but once the Post caught wind of that, they shut it down.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/12/09/how-to-experience-the-redskins-club-level-at-fedex-field-for-the-price-of-a-sandwich/?utm_term=.d00b5eae996d

Oh ok that makes sense. I just bought 4 club seats for $380. Great deal. I might start doing that for every game instead of doing Lower level if I like them better.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:32 AM, ThomasTomasz said:

400's did too. ...just like the ones I saw in Cinn. in 2008 (Zorn era, right about the time it all started to go bad -- Mike Sellers tried to reach the ball across the goal line and it got slapped out of his hands).

1 hour ago, MarkB452 said:

400's did too. ...just like the ones I saw in Cinn. in 2008 (Zorn era, right about the time it all started to go bad -- Mike Sellers tried to reach the ball across the goal line and it got slapped out of his hands).

I was at that game. I was 18 lol, me and a friend made the 8 hour drive only because we found cheap ass tickets on eBay for $20 each on the first row lower level on the end zone Sellers lost the ball on ?‍♂️. We also went to the game in Baltimore that same season. The games were back to back weeks. Tough stretch after we started 6-2 that season.

20 hours ago, mbws said:

I got 2 free, second row club level 35 yard line seats using points from my NFL MasterCard,

Yes, though you could have cashed in 25000 points for $250 of cold hard cash. I got this card to be able to get tickets, but I never did see any Dallas tickets posted on the prize site (just every game, except Dallas).  Therefore, I am sitting on my points for now.

Heading to Raiders game on Sunday. Live out of town, so I don't make it to FedEx often. In the past, I've seen fans down on the field around the sideline and endline during pregame. 

How does one get a field pass like this? Are they for sale? Are they a premium seat perk?

Archived