Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

Bumping for 2016.....If you have never been to FedEx before or are a new season ticket holder (STH), you will want to read this.  BTW, any word on the status of the old copper lot (AKA tailgating lot)?  ...planning to park there for the Bills game if it is available.

On 8/17/2016 at 9:56 AM, MarkB452 said:

Bumping for 2016.....If you have never been to FedEx before or are a new season ticket holder (STH), you will want to read this.  BTW, any word on the status of the old copper lot (AKA tailgating lot)?  ...planning to park there for the Bills game if it is available.

It is still operating, opening tomorrow and next Friday at 3:00 and six hours before each regular season game. $25

I've been in the SRO section and still can't remember how the rows line up. The SRO section contains 2 rows, one in front and another behind that row so anybody in the second row will have to stand behind the people in the front row making it pretty difficult to see, especially for the mountainous 5' 7 momma there goes that man. 

So does anybody know for sure how the rows run in that section? Are even rows in the front and odd in the back? 

On 8/18/2016 at 3:28 PM, C.Taylor said:

On top of the hill overlooking Sheriff Road on your right coming in on Redskins Road. The Redskins leased it for a few years and dubbed it the Copper Lot.

Is this the lot that has the entrance on Barlowe Rd?  

• 2 weeks later...

Czaban and Pollin had a segment today where they discussed the potential impact of Metro maintenance on fans having to leave Nationals playoff games early, given that Metro apparently isn't budging on the midnight stop time they've had in place since May. I was wondering how this was also going to impact Redskins night games during the season. Granted, the Steeler game should be OK with the 7 pm start, but what about the Packers and Panthers games later in the season?  I know less people proportionally take Metro to FedEx than to the other sporting venues (or to RFK when the Skins still played there), and it will stink for folks to have to leave a game that will likely end around 11:30 pm early.

On 8/18/2016 at 7:47 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I've been in the SRO section and still can't remember how the rows line up. The SRO section contains 2 rows, one in front and another behind that row so anybody in the second row will have to stand behind the people in the front row making it pretty difficult to see, especially for the mountainous 5' 7 momma there goes that man. 

So does anybody know for sure how the rows run in that section? Are even rows in the front and odd in the back? 

I'm almost certain they did away with the SRO sections. At least in the Club, which sucks because I loved that section. Enter by HOF store, go up the escalator & you're right there. Quick in, easy out & great sight lines for anyone that actually likes to watch plays develop. 

The club SROs have been done away with. If you look on Stubhub, seems the "rows" in the SRO upper deck for sale range from 8-14.

Here's a pic from an old Washington Post article indicating "rows 9-14" in the upper deck standing room section, but somehow a "row 8" in listed from sale in Stubhub listings:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/dc-sports-bog/StandingArt/skinsstandingdeck0612c.jpg?uuid=I6wg8LVZEeGeTFpqE31l4Q

It will be my first time at FedEx next Sunday against Cowboys. I'm already amped up, and we haven't even played the Steelers lol. My buddy has only been to FexEx once, but I just wanted some tips from those who go to the home games throughout the season. We are staying near the Camp Springs/Andrews Air Force Base area, and will be driving to the game. We won't be tailgating, because we like to get there early to check out the stadium and see the players warm up. Is there a certain parking lot that we should park in if we don't want to tailgate? We are taking I-495 N/I-95 N to get to the stadium. What time does traffic usually start getting really backed up to get into the stadium? The Metro sounds pretty complicated as we shockingly don't have any light rail/train down here in San Antonio so we just wanted to drive. Also if I get there right when the door open, are they ushers pretty cool with fans going to the lower level to check out the players warm up if they have an upper level ticket? It would be nice to get my first Redskins autograph if they're signing lol. Any food choices that people absolutely love at the stadium? Any other recommendations that you have to see or do at FedEx? It does sound like I'm going to drop quite a bit at the hall of fame store from what my buddy was telling me when you walk in with all the Redskins merchandise :ols:

I appreciate any responses! :dallas_sucks:

If you do NOT have a parking pass, you will not be able to park at the stadium.  There are some cash lots nearby.  My personal favorite is the Barlowe Road lot for $25.  See the cash lot parking thread for more info.

Gates open two hours before kickoff.  Traffic is usually not to bad 2 1/2 hours before kickoff, so if you are at the stadium gates when the gates open, you should be OK.   They will generally let you go down to front rows until about 1 hour before kickoff. Your best bet for autographs would probably be to hang around the tunnel where the players come off the field. Cash Lot Link

The food is all overpriced. 

33 minutes ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

So i will be coming down for the Packers game this year. First prime time game.

Does the Metro line stay open late for Skins games? Or we on our own to get back to the City? 

I believe that it will not be staying open late this year due to Safe Track program (aka oh ****, metro is falling apart, we need to fix it before more people die)

• 3 months later...

Heading to the game this Sunday (from Richmond), is the best cash lot option the Jericho lots?  It has been almost 10 years since I've been to a game and I remember parking eons away, with not that great of a tailgate atmosphere.  Jericho lots are straight into Arena Drive, right?  I don't want to have a panic attack by driving into where it says Permit Lots only, even though I heard the Jericho lots are on the same road, but not advertised until you're up on them.  Recommended time to get there to avoid worst traffic, and how is traffic getting out of there?  Thanks for the feedback!

Archived