Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

This is a little off-topic, but stadium-related. At the Rams game Sunday, first downs were announced "First down, Redskins!" as opposed to "First down, Washington!" Is this new?

It was said that way against Miami too. Definitely the first time I've heard it. I always remember "First down Washington".

This is a little off-topic, but stadium-related.  At the Rams game Sunday, first downs were  announced "First down, Redskins!" as opposed to "First down, Washington!"  Is this new?   

Yeah... i've always heard them say First Down, Washington, and I've been to pretty much every game for the last 10 years...

I talked about this in the parking lot on Sunday. Somebody thought they did it because we were on CBS week 1. CBS has a slight problem with the name sometimes. But when it happened in week 2 again and we were on fox. I think it has to do with the Name Change debate

• 4 weeks later...

I was tipped off by someone that the Redskins were offering free seat upgrades to the club level. Does anyone know of this exploit and if it's still available in the 2015 season? It was apparently pretty popular during the 2014 season. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/12/09/how-to-experience-the-redskins-club-level-at-fedex-field-for-the-price-of-a-sandwich/

Edit: I read the ES thread linked in that article and they aren't doing that again. :( 

The club upgrades were given pretty much right from the start of the season last year. If anything, they stopped at the end of 2014 once the Post publicized what was going on (see link in IX's post) and perhaps because the always-high-demand Eagles and Cowboys were the last two home games.

• 4 weeks later...

Great seats. Home sideline, 25-35 yard line depending on seat number. Seat 1 puts you close to the 25 and seat 22 puts you close to the 35. You will stand a lot but I think you will love those seats. I have seats in that row but just a bit lower.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I am going on Sunday - first game as fans from London! Really excited. Just  trying to work out on stubhub which parking pass to buy on stubhub?!

We want to experience tailgating and will bring lots of beer and food, but want to walk around and meet other Redskin fans. Anyone got any tips?

Cheers

In preparation for Monday Night do they still shut down the Metro at midnight...because a lot of people will take the metro home. And someone said the other day that they aren't going to keep the Metro open anymore past midnight...which would be a huge problem for anyone trying to come home from the game. 

In preparation for Monday Night do they still shut down the Metro at midnight...because a lot of people will take the metro home. And someone said the other day that they aren't going to keep the Metro open anymore past midnight...which would be a huge problem for anyone trying to come home from the game. 

metro stays open 2 hours after the end of the game .

Hey I'm new to the site and a Bills fan sorry lol. But my best friend is a lifelong Skins fan and I'm taking him to the game next month. He is wheelchair bound and we will be sitting in I believe 123 section and I'm trying to find out how the relocation seating works and where the ADA seating is. I also got a green f parking pass. I'm trying to make it convenient for him and hope to have a great time! I appreciate all the info you can provide to us. Any advice? 3 weeks and I can't wait.

Hey I'm new to the site and a Bills fan sorry lol. But my best friend is a lifelong Skins fan and I'm taking him to the game next month. He is wheelchair bound and we will be sitting in I believe 123 section and I'm trying to find out how the relocation seating works and where the ADA seating is. I also got a green f parking pass. I'm trying to make it convenient for him and hope to have a great time! I appreciate all the info you can provide to us. Any advice? 3 weeks and I can't wait.

I sat in these seats with my dad for the 2012 Dallas game.  They are first come, first served, so get there early.  There is room for one ADA person (room for a wheelchair) and a companion.  The sight lines are great.  You can be seated with everybody in front of you standing and you can still see the field perfectly.  My dad raved about how good those seats were.

Not sure but you might need to have 100 level or 200 level tickets to sit there.  If you have 400 level tickets, you might have to go the elevator, but I am not sure.

More ADA info here:

http://www.redskins.com/fedexfield/disabled-access.html

I also believe that your stadium parking pass combined with a handicap parking permit (plate or placcard) will get you access to the ADA lot right next to the stadium (again, first come, first served).  If you don't get in the ADA lot, you can call and have a golf cart shuttle come pick you up.

This is a little off-topic, but stadium-related.  At the Rams game Sunday, first downs were  announced "First down, Redskins!" as opposed to "First down, Washington!"  Is this new?   

At the Dallas game, they said both.  The first first down of the game (near the end of the first quarter) was announced as "First Down Washington", but there were many others that were announced as "First Down Redskins". 

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to ask this question because of how starved we are for the Skins to be successful, but doesn't the paloff appearance likely mean a price increase next year?  If so, how much of a hike would be acceptable if you're a STH?  What about parking......how much would you pay for that?

Archived