Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

Yeah, well. 

There's something about lite beer:  Nobody wants to drink it. 

I got like five cases in my cellar from people who bring it to a tailgate and then nobody drinks it.  You can bet they're all expired.  I got light beer from the '08 tailgate in Baltimore.  I **** you not. 

If you walk over to me and you want a cold beer, and I point you to my old yellow cooler in the back of my truck, you've been warned. 

• 2 weeks later...

Think this was mentioned in another thread after the Jags game, but a couple of Seahawk fans who sat next to me in the club level had lanyards with tickets in them. I noticed that the tickets said "Club Relocation" (or something like that) on them and I asked them if they came from the upper level and they said yes. Then I noticed the father and son on the other side of me had lanyards with tickets that said the same thing.  Taking a look around, the seating bowl of the club level seemed relatively full last night, while you definitely noticed a good amount of vacant seats in the upper deck.  I wonder how many seats the Skins are upgrading from upper to club per game? Are they also doing the same thing with lower level patrons to the club?

Not necessarily a bad thing, but while people can get club tickets on Stubhub for a lot less than the Skins are charging, I feel bad for the people who have signed club seat contracts and are paying full freight while seeing upper level folks get free upgrades. Hopefully the Skins are giving some perks to their loyal club denizens.

There was a thread on this a week or two ago.  Yes, the team has been giving free club upgrades for some lucky ticket holders upstairs. 

I haven't heard of them doing it for LL ticket holders.  And why would they?  After all, moving from the LL to the Club wouldn't be an upgrade, would it? 

I haven't heard of them doing it for LL ticket holders.  And why would they?  After all, moving from the LL to the Club wouldn't be an upgrade, would it? 

Not as much of an upgrade as moving from the UL, but the club does have the nicest concourses in the place and the sightlines are probably better. Plus consider that a lot of LL folks have to wind up standing all game due to the dream seats.

Would be interesting to know what the prime motivation is for providing these upgrades.  If it is to allow folks to experience the club in hopes of potentially getting a customer for that level, I could see giving some of the upgrades to LL peeps.

Not only zone A, the seats are between the 40s on the home side. Every year we seem to hit new lows for secondary prices.

As the team hits new lows....so do seat values. No real surprise, There will be no significant demand for tickets until the team starts winning consistently. Who wants to spend $200-400 for two people to watch a horrid football team? Only fools and die hard fans.....probably one and the same.

Back in 1997, I had clubs.  And back then, at halftime, we'd run down the escalator and be back at our tailgate spot in as little as 3 minutes.  Gold Club parking was close to Gate A back then (right behind purple), and we could relax, get a bite to eat, have a beer, and then meander our way back to our seat.  They let you back in back then in the good ole' days (pre-Snyder). 

In a way, those days are back except with better prices.  Now I can get great seats in the lower level for double digits.  And for the price of a beer or less, I can also buy SRO tix too.  So at halftime, I can run out Gate D and be back at my (purple lot) tailgate spot at the curb in 3 minutes.  I can have a beer, get a bite to eat, relax, and then meander my way back to my seat, gaining reentry using the SRO ticket.

There seems to be a $14 floor for actual seats for Tenn, not SROs. Of course those are all in the upper level corners, but still a fraction of STH's cost per game.

If we don't win at least one of the next three, the Tampa game could break the KC games of 09-13 for record lowest secondary market. Seats are already advertised at $14.30 a full month in advance of the game.

In a way, those days are back except with better prices.  Now I can get great seats in the lower level for double digits.  And for the price of a beer or less, I can also buy SRO tix too.  So at halftime, I can run out Gate D and be back at my (purple lot) tailgate spot at the curb in 3 minutes.  I can have a beer, get a bite to eat, relax, and then meander my way back to my seat, gaining reentry using the SRO ticket.

Mark, how are  you able to leave the stadium and then get back in?  I didn't think this was possible.

Mark, how are  you able to leave the stadium and then get back in?  I didn't think this was possible.

2 tickets.  Buying an SRO ticket on the cheap ($8-$15) essentially turns it into a one-use re-entry pass.  Enter with your normal ticket, leave, re-enter later using the SRO ticket.

The cost of the SRO ticket is offset by you /not/ paying $9 per beer + food inside.

I have a bold prediction...

So the FCC has removed Blackout rules. While its still in TV contracts -Seems blackout rules are short for this world.  

Once there is no more blackout - I predict major changes in how the Redskins sell tickets.

Right now -My understanding is they are unable to sell club level by game because in order for them to be considered "Premium" seats and not apply to the blackout, they have to be sold per year.  Once there is no blackout rule -look for club level seats to quickly be sold on a per game basis.

In fact -The entire fake "Wait list" will go away.  There will be no reason to lie about it and insist on a sell out when blackouts arent in effect anymore. The $$ incentive will be to get butts in the seats.  

I picture the club level (And loge) seats to be sold per game as soon as the blackout rule goes away. Nothing else will change, at first. you cant lower pricing for individual games because you will lose season ticket holders.  But I expect changes will be coming.   

Right now -My understanding is they are unable to sell club level by game because in order for them to be considered "Premium" seats and not apply to the blackout, they have to be sold per year.  Once there is no blackout rule -look for club level seats to quickly be sold on a per game basis.

In fact -The entire fake "Wait list" will go away.  There will be no reason to lie about it and insist on a sell out when blackouts arent in effect anymore. The $$ incentive will be to get butts in the seats.  

I seem to remember a Steinberg blog entry in the Post when the Skins opened up the party deck in the club level. There was a picture taken of ticket prices at some window at FedEx and on it had the club SROs going for $159 per game.  Could also swear I saw club seats themselves on the same list for $249 per game.  Anyone else remember this?

2 tickets.  Buying an SRO ticket on the cheap ($8-$15) essentially turns it into a one-use re-entry pass.  Enter with your normal ticket, leave, re-enter later using the SRO ticket.

The cost of the SRO ticket is offset by you /not/ paying $9 per beer + food inside.

OK, nevermind,  I get it :)

There was a picture taken of ticket prices at some window at FedEx and on it had the club SROs going for $159 per game.

That sounds correct, though I don't recall actual club seating being listed at the TO on game days, but it wouldn't surprise me. I just checked the team's site, but couldn't find anything on single game sales other than 'returned GA's'. 

http://www.redskins.com/tickets/single-game-tickets.html

What I did find is the tired claim that club and dream seats have an option/standard for LEATHER with padded cushioning. Every time time I've checked the padded premium seating, its had vinyl and not leather covering. Why would anybody install a leather surface on permanent outdoor seating? Even the loge seating which is covered and stored indoors has vinyl and not leather.

This may sound nit-picky to some, but the team has been LYING about this option for years.  

http://www.redskins.com/tickets/index.html

Where are the quickest exits?

I'd say better wording would be, where are the best seats for the quickest exit?  That would be any lower level seat near the tunnel which is also near an exit.  For example, if I'm sitting in 219 row 3, I can be outside in less than a minute and I can be at my truck in another minute. 

I'd say better wording would be, where are the best seats for the quickest exit? That would be any lower level seat near the tunnel which is also near an exit. For example, if I'm sitting in 219 row 3, I can be outside in less than a minute and I can be at my truck in another minute.

It was more tongue in cheek that with the losing, fans would want the fastest way out if there.

Genius. Pure Genius!

I seem to remember a Steinberg blog entry in the Post when the Skins opened up the party deck in the club level. There was a picture taken of ticket prices at some window at FedEx and on it had the club SROs going for $159 per game.  Could also swear I saw club seats themselves on the same list for $249 per game.  Anyone else remember this?

redskins_tickets_skinsticketstexans910a.

Archived