Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

If I return to the D.C. Area, and if I have the time/need to do it, I'd like to help out on game day doing something like selling programs to folks walking into the stadium. How does someone get a gig like that? Does it pay or is it a volunteer thing?

Those types of jobs are part time gigs. You would have to contact the Redskins and find out who their contractor is for what job you want to do, e.g. program sales, food/drink vendor, security, ticket taker, parking, etc. What is the big deal working a couple hours on game day for minimum wage? If you do look for a job, don't brag about being a Redskins fan. Others have reported that that is frowned upon. The Redskins want you focused on the job and not the game. Lots of Ravens and Cowboy fans work at FedEx Field. Trust me, they walk out after the game wearing their team clothing and jackets. I've talked to many of them.

Those types of jobs are part time gigs. You would have to contact the Redskins and find out who their contractor is for what job you want to do, e.g. program sales, food/drink vendor, security, ticket taker, parking, etc. What is the big deal working a couple hours on game day for minimum wage? If you do look for a job, don't brag about being a Redskins fan. Others have reported that that is frowned upon. The Redskins want you focused on the job and not the game. Lots of Ravens and Cowboy fans work at FedEx Field. Trust me, they walk out after the game wearing their team clothing and jackets. I've talked to many of them.

I think I still have a slightly romanticized notion of those game day volunteers, shouting at the top of their lungs for people to buy programs, wearing the team's gear, etc.

Like I said, if I find my way back up to Washington and my Sundays are free, I'd like to look into it.

...also groups of people will work to help benefit their charity.  IE the charity gets the salary of all the people working on behalf of the charity.

For more info contact:

gamedaystaff@redskins.com

Here is a link with a list of current jobs available:

http://footballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobskey.cfm?s=redskins

Here's the description for game day event staff:

Facility Operations/Security: Event Guest Relations

Game Day Event Staff - Washington Redskins (Landover, MD)

washington.gif

The Washington Redskins are seeking responsible individuals to join our Game Day Event Staff on a Part Time basis. The right fit individuals will provide general customer service (ticket takers, ushers, escalator/ elevator operators) and security throughout FedEx Field Stadium during Redskins Game Day and Special Events.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities: 

• Work ALL 2014  Redskins Home Games and Major Events
  • Provide guests with quality customer service to enhance their game day experience
  • Enforce FedEx Field, Redskins, and NFL rules, regulations and policies
  • Identify problems when/before they occur and quickly contact the best representative to rectify the situation (Cleaning, Security, Managers Etc…)
  • Receive and quickly act upon requests or complaints from guests.  In the event of a serious problem, rapidly defer to upper management
  • Provide immediate assistance to and emergency notification of guests in the event of an accident or injury
  • In the event of an emergency, assist in evacuating FedEx Field, while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor

Requirements: 

• Must commit to work all Redskins Home Games, Soccer Games and potential playoff games
  • Must be 18 and over
  • Maintain a professional appearance
  • Ability  to be friendly and courteous, regardless of the situation
  • Effective verbal communication skills
  • Excellent writing skills
  • Strong interpersonal skills
  • Able to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb stairs
  • Be a team player who is able to work well in a fast paced environment

If you wish to become a part of this dynamic, fast-paced organization and you meet the requirements listed above, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to gamedaystaff@redskins.com

Question on parking.... our favorite tailgating spot is in the orange section. I am going for home game #1 vs. the jags and we have a purple parking pass...

Can I use the purple in the orange lot? Would they care?

In the past years you could park in any lot "lower" than yours but over the past 2 years or so they have really cracked down and will ask you to move into the correct lot *if* they notice you. It seems to be a crap shoot most of the time. Preseason may be easier to work out than a regular season game. If you get to the stadium early, before the lots open, you shouldn't have a problem trading someone (including a scalper) a purple for an orange.

Cash lot on Barlowe Rd. just north of the stadium. See Mark's maps.

Parking rates vary according to opponent, but it's usually cheaper than stadium parking. You can avoid 90% of pre/post game traffic by using this lot. No joke. I refused to believe Popeman's recomendation for this lot for several years until I gave it a try in 2012. He was totally right. Tailgating room is plentiful.

places to find cheap or free parking off-site for games?  Any good ideas? I don't mind walking lol

What's everyone's take on the party deck? That is my go to, always under $100, good view, club facilities. Prefer standing at sports games anyway. Seen a couple of near fights and it can get a little rowdy up there but overall, great option. I guess being in my twenties makes it a better choice than a family with kids

What is wrong with the stadium P.A. system ? We couldn't understand much at all during the Patriots game - (cheerleaders, referee or stadium announcer) The P.A. on each side of the stadium wasn't in sync. One side was about a second behind the other side the entire game. You would think they would have checked this before the game.

What is wrong with the stadium P.A. system ? We couldn't understand much at all during the Patriots game - (cheerleaders, referee or stadium announcer) The P.A. on each side of the stadium wasn't in sync. One side was about a second behind the other side the entire game. You would think they would have checked this before the game.

The sound system has had issues since the stadium was built. Depends where you sit. Some places the sound is perfectly fine. For example, I never had a problem when I sat in the upper level in section 424. Other places, it is distorted. I sit in the 200 section and the sound in the sections I have been in always sounds distorted. I think it is the echo from under the over hang. Skins have reportedly looked into fixing the system but it is an old analog system and changing to a digital system would require major rewiring.

I sat in 222 for three seasons and the PA was always an issue. The best games are when it was out completely.

On another note, I guess somebody would have brought it up but are there any stadium improvements they are touting this year?

Free WiFi...not sure if this is new or not....

How many seats are in rows 1 and 2 of section 201,202,241 & 242?  Thanks.

The Redskins web-site has a great seating diagram of FedEx Field. it's called "Virtual Venue"

http://redskins.io-media.com/

It's pretty slick...pick a section, and check out the views. You can select those sections, and see a virtual view of the rows that you're interested in.

The Redskins web-site has a great seating diagram of FedEx Field. it's called "Virtual Venue"

http://redskins.io-media.com/

It's pretty slick...pick a section, and check out the views. You can select those sections, and see a virtual view of the rows that you're interested in.

The current seating diagram is not as good as the old system where you could zoom in from the opposite side of the field and actually count seats.

In any case, the answer to my original question is that there are 14 seats in the first two rows of 201,242 but the first seat is #5 and the last is #18 which is a little confusing.  The ticket master site provides all this information in the "pick your seat" page for fedex field.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/washington-redskins-vs-jacksonville-jaguars-landover-maryland-09-14-2014/event/15004C90ED8971D0?artistid=806041&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8#edp_isc_display

For Redskins-Browns preseason game next week:  is there a distant cash lot from which shuttle service is provided to the stadium?  IIRC, that was the case a few years ago across the Beltway in the business park between Central Ave & Arena Drive; however, I haven't been to FedEx in a few years.  Or is there shuttle service from the Grey lot?  Also, does remote lot shuttle service run during the game?

This is an important question to address my grandson's little legs and my bad knees.

For Redskins-Browns preseason game next week:  is there a distant cash lot from which shuttle service is provided to the stadium?  IIRC, that was the case a few years ago across the Beltway in the business park between Central Ave & Arena Drive; however, I haven't been to FedEx in a few years.  Or is there shuttle service from the Grey lot?  Also, does remote lot shuttle service run during the game?

This is an important question to address my grandson's little legs and my bad knees.

I don't think there are shuttles from off site lots to the stadium. Any vehicle crossing Snyder's property line must have a paid parking pass to get by unless it is a shuttle sponsored by the Skins. Taxis can't get in either. I would strongly encourage you to buy a platinum/purple/orange parking pass if you have bad knees and a young child. A green parking pass works, too, but your walk will be farther away. Parking pass are easy to buy although it will be difficult because it is so close to the game. You might have to resort to someone local, either on craig's list or a local ticket broker. You can also buy at regular price from the Redskins.

Also, once on the property you can call the Redskins for a golf cart shuttle that is used for the handicapped and elderly. Call the OP hotline at 301-276-6100 or text them with your location for a pickup. Finding a golf cart after games can be difficult because of the demand.

The current seating diagram is not as good as the old system where you could zoom in from the opposite side of the field and actually count seats.

In any case, the answer to my original question is that there are 14 seats in the first two rows of 201,242 but the first seat is #5 and the last is #18 which is a little confusing.  The ticket master site provides all this information in the "pick your seat" page for fedex field.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/washington-redskins-vs-jacksonville-jaguars-landover-maryland-09-14-2014/event/15004C90ED8971D0?artistid=806041&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8#edp_isc_display

The confusing seat numbering is because the longest row of seats is in the farthest back of the 200 level sections. They start at 1 and go to whatever the last seat is. As you move down in the 200 sections, the tunnel takes away space for seats. Thus, FedEx Field starts rows with seat #5 or something similar based on its location to the last row of seats against the wall. The last seat number in the lower rows will also be less than the last seat in the very last row. Not sure why they do that but they do.

And that reminds me S&S, the cash lot on Barlowe Rd. is not ADA compliant. It's a big field featuring a construction grade gravel path leading to the sidewalk on Redskins Road. Def not wheelchair friendly, and it can get pretty muddy on rainy days.

Archived