Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

10 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Hell, Scottie Pippen was around 225 at 6'-8". This bamma is around 280 and an inch shorter I think. 

Yeah, he'll be at or near 300 probably by 21. No way that is sustainable. I wish him the best, but I kinda feel like "We've never seen anything like him before" for a reason.

Had a phone call from an IRS scammer today. Since I didn't recognize the number initially, I let it go to voicemail. Gee, they wanted to go over my financial information. 

I looked up the  703 number that was left. Nothing. Then I looked up the number that called. Internet scammer was the result of this search. 

Remember, the IRS never calls or emails. They send letters through USPS. Their website says so.

I am going to report this call tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

Hell, Scottie Pippen was around 225 at 6'-8". This bamma is around 280 and an inch shorter I think. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, he'll be at or near 300 probably by 21. No way that is sustainable. I wish him the best, but I kinda feel like "We've never seen anything like him before" for a reason.

Wasn't Charles Barkiey 6'6" and 250 lbs?  

Nevermind:  I see Try the Beal beat me to it.

I went to WCW Starcade at the MCI Center in '97 and '98. First one was mostly great. NWO was at their peak... Sting vs Hogan for the title. The next year, Nash ended Goldberg's streak which was pretty cool but the rest of it was pretty much horse**** as I recall. The only highlights were going to concessions during a particularly ****ty match and seeing some drunk guy stumble around shouting "Who the **** is Norman Smiley?!?!?" at random kids walking by and also some guy who yelled, "I COULD'VE BEEN WATCHING HEAT!!!"

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I went to WCW Starcade at the MCI Center in '97 and '98. First one was mostly great. NWO was at their peak... Sting vs Hogan for the title. The next year, Nash ended Goldberg's streak which was pretty cool but the rest of it was pretty much horse**** as I recall. The only highlights were going to concessions during a particularly ****ty match and seeing some drunk guy stumble around shouting "Who the **** is Norman Smiley?!?!?" at random kids walking by and also some guy who yelled, "I COULD'VE BEEN WATCHING HEAT!!!"

I'm guessing you wore a tank top? 

4 hours ago, Enforcer_FFX said:

Haha,  yeah, Barkley was a big cat.  There used to be more "shorter," but heavy/wide-build power forward dudes in the league like Anthony Mason, Fizer, Corliss Williamson, etc.  Don't really see that anymore.

They play tight end now.  Take Mo Alie-Cox for example...6’5”, 265lb, led the A-10 in blocks for three years while dominating the paint for VCU.  Caught two touchdowns for the Colts this year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo_Alie-Cox

Basketball to TE pipeline is interesting take.  Reminds me why soccer in US has inferior athletes, Americans make more playing other sports.  So mamy sports also have different physical demands.

NBA players slaughter in Olympics, should we ask them to play on the Olympic soccer team? :ols:

Tell me you wouldn't pay to watch LeBron and Kyrie play soccer, at least in friendlies, put Norman out there. 

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Basketball to TE pipeline is interesting take.  Reminds me why soccer in US has inferior athletes, Americans make more playing other sports.  So mamy sports also have different physical demands.

NBA players slaughter in Olympics, should we ask them to play on the Olympic soccer team? :ols:

Tell me you wouldn't pay to watch LeBron and Kyrie play soccer, at least in friendlies, put Norman out there. 

I wouldn't pay to watch soccer at all, regardless.  But that's just me.  

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Being tall, strong, and super athletic isn't as helpful in Soccer. Technique, vision, and endurance are much more important.

This argument gets used all the time and its false. Even if our best athletes played Soccer we'd get wrecked because our training, coaching, and player development from the youth levels on up are a joke compared to the international powers.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Being tall, strong, and super athletic isn't as helpful in Soccer. Technique, vision, and endurance are much more important.

Kyrie is only two inches taller then Ronaldo, both are taller then Norman.  If any Americam sport has endurance to come close to soccer, have to say basketball, right?

This argument gets used all the time and its false. Even if our best athletes played Soccer we'd get wrecked because our training, coaching, and player development from the youth levels on up are a joke compared to the international powers.

That doesn't wreck the argument, not when two world cups ago we were in the elimination round and 4 of the last 7 rounds despite being so terribly behind in development.  If we even tried, that'd be different, but we don't.  The fact other countries need to funnel everything they have to get 1-1 ties with us like England did says a lot to me.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

It's better in person, imo, same as baseball.

Watching a bunch of players flopping like they are dying, only to get back up and do it repeatedly through the entirety of the game is not interesting to me.  Baseball is not nearly as boring, imo, as soccer when talking about watching it on TV.  Live, baseball, especially minor league, again imo is a beautiful sport to watch.  Soccer live, is still a bunch of players flopping.  

Soccer was fun to play as a kid for me, I played it, but it never grew on me after middle school.

21 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I am going to report this call tomorrow.

There’s  no point. The tech has gotten so good it’s spoofing numbers. Tech exists now where they can spoof numbers in your contact list, so you think it’s a spouse, kid, friend calling. Lots of scams now as people think loved one is in trouble. 

7 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Watching a bunch of players flopping like they are dying, only to get back up and do it repeatedly through the entirety of the game is not interesting to me.  Baseball is not nearly as boring, imo, as soccer when talking about watching it on TV.  Live, baseball, especially minor league, again imo is a beautiful sport to watch.  Soccer live, is still a bunch of players flopping.  

Soccer was fun to play as a kid for me, I played it, but it never grew on me after middle school.

Fair, I his don't see American soccer players flop the way Europeans do, which is big reason I don't like world cup unless we in it or all up in premier league.  Went to dc united game in new stadium, no flopping I can remember.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Fair, I his don't see American soccer players flop the way Europeans do, which is big reason I don't like world cup unless we in it or all up in premier league.  Went to dc united game in new stadium, no flopping I can remember.

That's cool.  Then it's possible I'd like an american soccer game better live than on TV.  ****, as long as they serve beer, I'll be fine :cheers:

Archived