Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

14 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Every time I hear a Gary Clark Jr album, I get all excited and then think...this could be so much ****ing better.

I’ve seen him in concert about three times (opening for Morning Jacket) and he’s entertaining.  BUT...for me...much of his appeal is based on his look and vibe.  He’s a handsome guy with a lot of rock star swagger and a schtick that’s catnip to the kind of college-y,  neo-hippie crowds that he plays to.  As an actual musician/guitar hero, he leaves a lot to be desired from my perspective.

For a similar guy but with big time, freak-out guitar chops check out Eric Gales.  Now there’s a guy that can put a proper whupping on a guitar!

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’ve seen him in concert about three times (opening for Morning Jacket) and he’s entertaining.  BUT...for me...much of his appeal is based on his look and vibe.  He’s a handsome guy with a lot of rock star swagger and a schtick that’s catnip to the kind of college-y,  neo-hippie crowds that he plays to.  As an actual musician/guitar hero, he leaves a lot to be desired from my perspective.

For a similar guy but with big time, freak-out guitar chops check out Eric Gales.  Now there’s a guy that can put a proper whupping on a guitar!

I saw him in concert, (photographed it, actually) and yeah, I agree.  I think live he sounded pretty good but I trust your judgement.

My issue with him is that he's heralded as some type of guitar hero steeped in the blues but his music doesn't live up to it.  Every album seems to have one type of song for everyone, the new one I was just listening to has this reggae bull**** on it.  And I like reggae, but not from him.  There was also this R&B soul crooner song, but there was also this heavier song with a hip hop beat.  They're always overproduced and it's like he's just trying to cater to everyone.

I think he'd be a lot better with a sound like early Black Keys or White Stripes.  

9 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Unless you're going blind, you can still look. Age is just a feeling. That's what my 44yo self is telling me these days. 😎

Lol, that's not what I'm talking about man. Chick I'm with now is 21. It's just that I was like 24-ish when that came out.

It just seems like a blur between then and now, although a ton of **** has happened since. It all feels like it happened yesterday (B-Rocks re-election, LeBron first title with us,  Aurora/Sandy hook, Sandy... RG3 :( )

Just doesn't feel like it's been years, which I assume is a natural part of this getting older thing (among which you see adorable little girls turn into ridiculously gorgeous grown women)

Archived