Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

29 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

So I'm traveling for work this week. I work from home, have for 5 years.

Office of probably 400+ folks.

The amount of flower arrangements today made me cringe. Am I cynical?

I would cringe only because it seems so standard/mundane/unimaginative. My opinion of Valentine's Day as a 30 year old guy is a lot different than my opinion as a 18 year old, from a flower standpoint.

I mean if they like flowers, cool I'll do it, but they just seem incredibly overrated, next to something more in line with their personal preferences.

3 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

We Got the Jazz just came over the radio. I really miss Tribe.

Probably my favorite track ever from them.

So mellowed out. Makes you feel like you're floating out  into space.

I mean I get the collection of talent/star power of Wu, but there are so many cats out there that don't get talked about overall (Pete Rock & CL being the main ones imo. You can't tell the story of hip hop without them).

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I had an idea for a series of threads "Who has the biggest penis in ________"

Biggest in government?

Biggest in Hollywood?

Biggest in MMA?

etc

But I'm worried that they're all just going to breakdown into "don't know but on this message board, it's definitely Sacks 'N' Stuff".

LDE clearly. 

Our boy is going to become a man tonight!!!

48 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I would cringe only because it seems so standard/mundane/unimaginative. My opinion of Valentine's Day as a 30 year old guy is a lot different than my opinion as a 18 year old, from a flower standpoint.

I mean if they like flowers, cool I'll do it, but they just seem incredibly overrated, next to something more in line with their personal preferences.

Flowers for Valentine’s is super cliche and unimaginative for a made up Holiday. I just see suckers everywhere every Holiday.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If the flowers don't have scent, they're useless. A lot of varieties of roses have no scent, just look nice.

7 hours ago, Chew said:

Those who can't fight....slam. 

I steal you homie. 

Im upset. I found out I get paid less than my coworkers. Yet I’ve been there longer. I would understand if I was inferior to them but we all trash af and I’m honestly better then their trash ass. Not a lot better but enough that we don’t deserve any oh difference. I’m not sure what I can do. I can talk to my manager and complain about my pay, but I don’t want to get my coworker in trouble because it’s not her fault. It’s managements fault for giving us unequal pay for the same job 

3 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I steal you homie. 

Im upset. I found out I get paid less than my coworkers. Yet I’ve been there longer. I would understand if I was inferior to them but we all trash af and I’m honestly better then their trash ass. Not a lot better but enough that we don’t deserve any oh difference. I’m not sure what I can do. I can talk to my manager and complain about my pay, but I don’t want to get my coworker in trouble because it’s not her fault. It’s managements fault for giving us unequal pay for the same job 

How long have you been there?  Is your education level similar to theirs? You guys all perform the same duties?

Did you go into the position with any salary demands or did you negotiate at all?

4 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I steal you homie. 

18 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

My education level is above theirs. 

Where did you get hired?  

Edit:  This might come across sounding like I'm a dick, but in all honesty, it's both you and your co-workers fault discussing pay.  Nothing good usually comes out of this.  Sure, it sucks to be the one with the higher education, etc. and get the lower pay, but regardless, you and your co-workers and future co-workers are better off keeping that to yourself.  Let this be a life lesson.

Edit 2:  Also a lot of factors could determine receiving different rates of pay.  Experience, GPA (if employers still look at that), education level, previous salary/wage (if they took a pay cut to work there, or they made that at their previous job and it got matched), when they were hired and what wage/salary the powers that be decided upon at the time could be offered, staffing (perhaps they create a spot/position but budget wise cannot afford to pay as high as they did previously), personal situations (kids, single parent, etc.), negotiating for higher pay, etc. etc. etc.

6 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Exactly. Get some offers and then renegotiate the salary - It's called asking for a market adjustment. This is pretty common and if your employer cares about you, they'll do it.

I kind of agree, but once you take that counter offer from a company, it's never really the same.  They don't trust you, you don't trust them.  They make all these overtures about keeping you, how valuable you are, etc.  And you wonder why they never gave you a raise or promotion in the first place...or in this case, why others with less qualifications are making more than you.  

It's better just to peace out, leave on good terms.  I know someone who just left a job, wanted to go out in a blaze of glory but I talked him out of it.  As tempting as that is, it doesn't do you any favors in the long run.

6 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I steal you homie. 

So a LOT of things to unravel. I'll bullet point for ease.

+how did the convo with others come about?

+when were you hired (what year) versus them?

+did you negotiate your salary upon offer?

+were you or employer the first to name a number in interview/offer discussions?

+what is your job, or at least what is the field?

Those should be a good start and I can coach you thru (HR/Payroll/Bus. Consultant....so not talking out my ***)

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I kind of agree, but once you take that counter offer from a company, it's never really the same.  They don't trust you, you don't trust them.  They make all these overtures about keeping you, how valuable you are, etc.  And you wonder why they never gave you a raise or promotion in the first place...or in this case, why others with less qualifications are making more than you.  

It's better just to peace out, leave on good terms.  I know someone who just left a job, wanted to go out in a blaze of glory but I talked him out of it.  As tempting as that is, it doesn't do you any favors in the long run.

Depends on the field.  Trust......tough one, but honestly, in the words of the great Stone Cold Steve Austin, "Don't trust anybody"

Image result for stone cold steve austin beer chug animated gif

Archived