Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

6 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I don't like the "tablet" thing.  There's something about actually turning pages...am I crazy?:ols:

I'm with you on that. After staring at a computer screen all day for work, I don't want to read from one in my spare time. Five minutes into it and my eyes glaze over. The good thing is now I can get used books in all the offbeat historical subjects I like for next to nothing plus delivery from Amazon.

13 minutes ago, Enforcer_FFX said:

Lil Enforcette watches those too...

Peppa Pig - I can work with.

Caillou - That dude is a whiny punk!  Kid gets bent out of shape over everything, lol

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Caillou either.  I think there's an episode where he tells someone to shut up, or calls something stupid, or something that I think is just the wrong example for young minds.

We let him use an old iPad to watch YouTube kids (if you haven't heard of YouTube kids, look it up), and he seems to stumble upon that episode often.  So I have to tell him to change it and of course that gets the little man all bent outta shape.

Anyhow, Peppa is ok, not a fan of Caillou either.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Probably what it would be like having Chewy stand in front of me every time i log in here

Much like the sun, they say you're not supposed to look directly at a GOD

back-close-up-shot-of-woman-looking-into

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Because space is not empty. There are lots of chunkss of rocks and ice floating around there. The "aerodynamic" shape isn't exactly for fluid dynamics but to allow space debris to only strike glancing blows to the bodies of the ships. This is also why fortifications, at some point, were created with angled sides—like the basis for the pentagon. This is important because they don't fly with shields up. 

In nemesis a head on collision with another ship shredded the tritanium and opened up the enterprise like a can opener. 

How is that not going to just vaporize if it hit anything at all at warp speed, especially something of any substantial size?

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't even remember all the books i read as a kid. Read a bit of Curious George, but overall wasnt real big on the kiddy stuff. I read books on science/space exploration and comics. Then there was sports related stuff, and by 10/11 I started reading wrestling mags, then by 12/13, titty mags

Image result for high five animated gif

53 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Lol @Dont Taze Me Bro there was no safety net in my parents household early on. Was watching rated R movies with my dad at like 6 years old

Same here man, my dad let me start watching horror movies with him at age 6 (was almost 7).  First one I ever watched was Alien.  By fourth grade, I was watching horror movies and all kinds of movies like Porkeys, Revenge of the Nerds, etc.  Him getting HBO helped too lol.

22 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I saw stuff like Aliens real young, and Tales from the Hood.  Aliens had me shaking in my spaceboots, even though I knew it wasn't real.

Chucky and Hellraiser. Thought them damn things were real af. Afraid to get out of bed at night because I thought "Uncle Frank" was hiding under there and would get me. Scared the living daylights out of me.

That was also around the time that there were a ton of dolls sold everywhere. I remember my cousin having a life sized Big Bird doll. Hell if that wasn't the freakiest thing ever

10 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Ed Sheeran malese some catch ass tunes. 

Yeah he does.   

Nicole Kidman is looking good in Pretty Little Lies.  She's naked in damn near every episode, too.  Dizzayum.  Maybe its because I'm getting older, but 40-somethings do it for me these days .  Ugh.  :wub:

3 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Yeah he does.   

Nicole Kidman is looking good in Pretty Little Lies.  She's naked in damn near every episode, too.  Dizzayum.  Maybe its because I'm getting older, but 40-somethings do it for me these days .  Ugh.  :wub:

Can you even get it up? 

Nice ed gong to be in Sac on Aug 1. I know what I'm doing that night. 

5 hours ago, redskinss said:

Why were almost all of the ships in star trek designed aerodynamically?

Were they, though?  I mean just look at the Constitution class ship.  That thing was certainly not designed with an overall 'aerodynamic' approach what with that offset secondary hull.  The saucer itself was aerodynamic, but that was designed to be able to separate in emergencies (never saw it on the Constitution class ship, but I believe that was built into the design) and handle planetary landings, which means it's going to be sailing through an atmosphere.

Going beyond the more popular Federation ships, you will start to see some ships that look more aerodynamic, but some of them are actually designed to be capable of atmospheric flight.  Not every ship comes equipped with shuttle-crafts that can go down to the planet's surface.  The Klingon Bird Of Prey, for example, is a small-crew vessel and, as seen in Star Trek IV, quite capable of setting down in the park and taking back off to space.

(And for purposes of trying to stick to scientific accuracy, we're disregarding JJ Trek where the Enterprise was built in Iowa instead of space and inexplicably went down and hid in the ocean of some planet)

4 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Because space is not empty. There are lots of chunkss of rocks and ice floating around there. The "aerodynamic" shape isn't exactly for fluid dynamics but to allow space debris to only strike glancing blows to the bodies of the ships. This is also why fortifications, at some point, were created with angled sides—like the basis for the pentagon. This is important because they don't fly with shields up. 

Actually, at least with federation ships such as the Constitution class and the Galaxy class and what-not, that's what the deflector dish was for.  That dish did sensor sweeps and as part of that functionality, it could detect space debris and activate the deflectors to harmlessly knock it away.

You know its funny, i certainly don't consider myself a trekie but I've seen every episode of tng, and most of them multiple times, and despite the fact I've heard the term deflector dish a dozen times including first contact when it was a primary part of the story i never put 2 and 2 together to figure out that's what it's purpose was.

Talk about not seeing something spelled out for me.

Lol.

Archived