Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I thought it was me, but I have noticed a major drop in tailgate activity since the board redesign.

I noticed it too. Activity cut down dramatically. Like half the posters stopped browsing the forum. I remember back in the day when you viewed the number of people viewing the Tailgate, it would be like upwards of 50-55 people. Now I haven't seen more than 30 on any given day.

Strange. And to be honest, activity was dwindling even before then. I guess so many people have been banned over the years and more people haven't replacedthem.

I noticed it too. Activity cut down dramatically. Like half the posters stopped browsing the forum. I remember back in the day when you viewed the number of people viewing the Tailgate, it would be like upwards of 50-55 people. Now I haven't seen more than 30 on any given day.

Strange. And to be honest, activity was dwindling even before then. I guess so many people have been banned over the years and more people haven't replacedthem.

I wonder if social media might be having a impact around here. Why go to ES when you can just tweeter about any Skins related news with people in your network?

Whatever it it, I don't like the trend at all.

I wonder if social media might be having a impact around here. Why go to ES when you can just tweeter about any Skins related news with people in your network?

Whatever it it, I don't like the trend at all.

Larry and Gac are kind of right. The majority were right wingers who couldn't keep their emotions in check. I browsed another board last fall, and a lot of them were there.

Guys like BigMike, Slacky, BLTO, ACW, McD5, etc, just ran out of strikes. Others went completely kamikaze. I think Switchgear had an epic meltdown in the 2012 Babe Draft thread. People just completely flipped their ****.

I mean its just a message board.

I think the rest simply moved on, like you said.

I miss those guys (some, not all)

Damn, 2013 really sucked.

Besides trivial stuff like sports... It was a great year for me.

Hope next year is better for both of us and our teams.

I might not make it until tomorrow, but I will die trying. If I am successful...it will be a great day.

Keep your chin up Band, it could be a lot worse.

When was the last time the Skins had a dominant D? Watching my wife's Niners the past few years makes me envious...sigh.

Probably 05. Don't get me wrong, 07 was a good defense too, but that 05 D was crazy.

After giving up 36 to the Bucs in that controversial Alstott game, the last 9 games of the season (including 2 post-season games) the defense was only giving up 15.3 points a game. Just to compare that to the Niners last 8 games, they are giving up 15.8 points a game.

But to bring it to a larger scale, The 49ers this year gave up 17ppg. In 2005, the Redskins gave up 18.3.

Probably 05. Don't get me wrong, 07 was a good defense too, but that 05 D was crazy.

After giving up 36 to the Bucs in that controversial Alstott game, the last 9 games of the season (including 2 post-season games) the defense was only giving up 15.3 points a game. Just to compare that to the Niners last 8 games, they are giving up 15.8 points a game.

But to bring it to a larger scale, The 49ers this year gave up 17ppg. In 2005, the Redskins gave up 18.3.

Well, the ESPN experts are saying we need an offensive minded coach. I disagree. We need a D minded one and a good O coordinator. We also need to cut/replace about 5/11 of the D including the entire secondary.

Having watched this year's Niners team..I think I would take them over that 2005 and 2007 Skins D. The DL & LB core of the Niners is ridiculous. 

BTW - Alstott still didn't score on the 2 pt conversion. ****ing cheating refs.  :angry:

edit..that said, if Ken Whisenhunt can bring Russ Grimm with him, I could see that being a good hire for the Skins. Provided they can find someone to coach the D and replace the secondary.

Also..going by the draft pick value chart (which is always suspect)..the Skins could conceivably move up 4 spots (and into the first round) by giving up a 5th round pick this year. Something that I could see happening if they want someone who is slipping...

Archived