Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Well, the ESPN experts are saying we need an offensive minded coach. I disagree. We need a D minded one and a good O coordinator. We also need to cut/replace about 5/11 of the D including the entire secondary.

Having watched this year's Niners team..I think I would take them over that 2005 and 2007 Skins D. The DL & LB core of the Niners is ridiculous. 

BTW - Alstott still didn't score on the 2 pt conversion. ****ing cheating refs.   :angry:

I think the biggest issues with our D is the line. The line cannot generate any pressure on its own. We really need a Justin Smith or Watt style player to make things easier for everyone else. Obviously those guys dont grow on trees but i think if we could add a guy like that our entire D would be better. It's easy to cover a guy for a few seconds....when you have to cover them for 5 seconds thats another story.

I think the biggest issues with our D is the line. The line cannot generate any pressure on its own. We really need a Justin Smith or Watt style player to make things easier for everyone else. Obviously those guys dont grow on trees but i think if we could add a guy like that our entire D would be better. It's easy to cover a guy for a few seconds....when you have to cover them for 5 seconds thats another story.

Greg Hardy is a FA but I don't see Carolina letting him go. I would expect them to franchise him. Other than that, the Skins will need to hit a home run in the draft for DL help.

I just was telling somebody about this when they said we should spend money in the secondary. It doesn't matter how good the secondary is, if you aren't getting any pressure on the QB.

Probably 05. Don't get me wrong, 07 was a good defense too, but that 05 D was crazy.

Yeah but it was mostly our pass defense. That pass D was like some Star Wars ****. Run D took a step back after Antonio Pierce left. We got gashed in some games. '04 was crazy as well. That was back when blitzing was more popular. Man we blitzed the hell out of people. Pass D was outrageous, Listen to the names: Smoot, Springs, Walt Harris, ST, Ryan Clark, Matt Bowen. And we routinely stuffed the run with dudes like Salave'a and Cornelius Griffin. They were good. Real good. Best defense I've ever seen us field.

2013 started rough for me as well. Had to deal with the death of my grandmother. Went with my father to take care of the estate and bury her, and I'll never forget seeing everything sitting out in the house as if she went upstairs, but was coming back down. Fire department had carried her out hours earlier, so we could see where they had to break in, and I also saw  the meal she was eating still on the table. I'll never forget it. Had to deal with seeing my father (who's the strong no tears military type) break down in front of me for the first time ever. That trip forever changed our relationship.

Then my health took a nasty hit with the flu bug. Had to help my brother sort things out after his divorce. Transmission in my car went out (had to reach into my savings and take care of that. It was hit after hit after hit. Things got better from August onward though (met new people, formed new, fruitful relationships), but I'm ready to close the chapter on 2013.

If there is a silver lining somewhere, I can say that it helped me grow as a man. I'm more prepared than ever for the crazy **** that life can throw  at you. After all the stuff I've endured from '08-'13, there isn't much that I haven't experienced, and I'm still here.

I think this franchise takes a step back if they don't hire someone who knows what to do with Robert.  The next year or so is about his development so we can have him as a starter for 10+ years.  If we fail with the next coach and RG3 is not a priority, we are looking for a QB in the 2016 draft

I think this franchise takes a step back if they don't hire someone who knows what to do with Robert. The next year or so is about his development so we can have him as a starter for 10+ years. If we fail with the next coach and RG3 is not a priority, we are looking for a QB in the 2016 draft

You don't have to hire an offensive- minded to coach to do that though.

Wow people are simply amazing.  They still believe Dan controls everything includes play calling and personnel decisions.  how clueless are people 

It shows that on top of very stupid people, there is also a lack of communication from organization to fanbase. Like it or not, Snyder is just a very invisible guy (not that people would listen to him anyway), so that leaves the rest of the team to be up front with people at least in that regard. But People simply will not let the past go (not that I blame them 100%) and let it influence their thought process in the present.

On top of that, pretty much of every news outlet here still operates off of the Snyder Hate Machine. Sites, newspapers, talk radio, etc. Thats bad, and it further drives a wedge between the team and the fanbase. It's one of the many frustrating things about this ordeal. Even more frustrating when you see people who you know aren't that stupid, falling for it hook like and sinker.

Perception is reality nowadays. There is just way too much blowback against the team right now for things to get any better.

Goddamn if the two part A Football Life: Lombardi isn't up there with the best thing I've ever seen on TV. I appreciated him before but man. The naming of the SB trophy after him is legit. And what a shame he was just barely here. I'm old enough to remember the end of Gibbs I, ESPECIALLY the last Super Bowl, but goddamn this show has me hoping we get the coaching thing finally figured out here. It's so overdue. It can be so special.

The Colts have the worst fan base in the NFL. They are about to get blacked out from a playoff game lol

I think two other teams have the same problem.

I half way read an article earlier about it.

Just looked at it. Bengals and Packers also.

EDIT: You clearly haven't traveled much for games. Falcons, Jags, Panthers and several others have worse fans.

I think two other teams have the same problem.

I half way read an article earlier about it.

Just looked at it. Bengals and Packers also.

EDIT: You clearly haven't traveled much for games. Falcons, Jags, Panthers and several others have worse fans.

But it's a PLAYOFF game... IN A DOME.

I'll give Cincy and Green Bay a little slack, not much, but no slack goes to the Colts. Again, it's a PLAYOFF game, IN A DOME! They should have sold out in seconds...

That's not good for the NFL if Green Bay can't sell out a playoff game. Wow.

Yeah, I agree with this. I think the NFL has to adjust it's blackout rules now. If Green Bay is struggling to sellout a playoff game, you take notice.

Well in their fairness, it's supposed to be ridiculously cold there Saturday night. Not that it has stopped fans from going before, but I'm sure that plays a part in it.

Yeah, and it's not... IN A DOME! lol

I mean I get that more and more people are electing not to go to sporting events because of the advances of technology. I myself haven't been to a Skins game since 08, but that's got more to do with my church duties and whatnot. But even if I could, I wouldn't go every week.

Part of it is teams out pricing the average fan.

The economy doesn't help with these crazy ticket prices (especially in cities like that).

The teams will sell the tickets at an insane discount is what I expect to happen.

Or the NFL will give some slack with the rule.

Archived