Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

sometimes there's a little joy in being a Skins fan.  Walking into my building, some guy was walking out with a skins hat and sweatshirt.  I had on my skins jacket.  we saw each other at the same time, and smiled at each other (no weird stuff lol). 

Me:  "hail."

him:  "hail.  **** dallas." 

then we walked right past each other.  So many skins fans around here, I guess its all the federal worker transplants from DC.  

RIP White Flint Mall

I was going to say I remember seeing Logan's Run at the theater there.  Then I looked things up and found out Logan's Run came out in 1976 and the mall didn't open until 1977.  I don't think the movie ran that long in the theaters, although I could be mistaken.  Memory is a funny thing.  Now I'm wondering where and when I saw that movie when it first came out.

I'd forgotten how bad it was until we refinanced a few months back.

The amount of paperwork borders on insane. Especially since it seems like 75% of says the same damn thing.

Seriously.  I have so much to go through.  Not just the bank, but the home inspection too.  The guy found a major problem with the tub and sealant and whatnot, I'm going to have to demand that the sellers redo the whole thing before I buy it.  Crazy.

yeah ABDC, definitely have them fix anything that's jacked before you close.  Not that I'm some kind of expert or anything, but I've watched enough HGTV to see people get screwed LOL

our closing took like 45 minutes.  ;)  But it was a new construction, so there was no seller involved.  

^ For sure.  Crazy thing is, this was built in 2013!  I paid the home inspector $425 to come look at.  He said it was built excellently, and that the foundation is solid.  But there are a ton of finishing touches that are off, and one thing with the tub.  Without going into it all, the entire tub is enclosed within a large shower stall and will be prone to water infiltration where the deck comes to the tile.  Plus the grout has already cracked.  The entire workmanship is poor he says, and recommends that they redo the whole thing before I buy it.  Ughhhhhhhhh.

The house is sick though, and it's a 9,000 square foot lot!  Unheard of in LA.

great goodness bro, sounds like a sick pad!  and she's basically brand new.

wife and I are flying out to LA in March to visit some friends.  we should meet up and get wasted :)

I've never been to LA, but have a ton of east coast friends there that said they'd NEVER move back east LOL.

great goodness bro, sounds like a sick pad!  and she's basically brand new.

wife and I are flying out to LA in March to visit some friends.  we should meet up and get wasted :)

I've never been to LA, but have a ton of east coast friends there that said they'd NEVER move back east LOL.

Absolutely.  Holler at me.  I'll message you the house listing.

I'm not going to lie, other than the Redskins losing the game yesterday, some fourtunate things have happened for me in the football world.

Seahawks lost, I won a fantasy championship game, and I am not saying Romo's injury was a good thing, but at least it will quiet these Cowboy fans down a little.

Meh, only the stupid ones thought they had much of a shot even with Romo at the helm. Garcon carved them up all damn day, and yet they gave Brandon Carr no help. They also have cap problems. With an older Romo coming back, the arrow is pointing down for that team.

I would have given anything for Tony to lose next week though, just so I could see another Papa Shango rant.

I'd forgotten how bad it was until we refinanced a few months back.

The amount of paperwork borders on insane. Especially since it seems like 75% of says the same damn thing.

I can't imagine anything being worse than the green card process. Holy ****. Went through that with the ex. My background obviously didn't help the situation, but still. Just the paperwork before we even got to the interviews. I'm convinced that it was designed by lawyers to force people into having to hire a lawyer. That we did that on our own is one of the high points and great successes of my life. **** if there weren't times I wanted to slam my head against a brick wall.

And then my dad had to go through it with my little brother. Stepmom Peruvian, good friend was already sick when she gave birth, passed shortly after. They adopted him from the start though. Took them four years to get him over here. One of the highlights was them forcing a one on one interview without either my dad or Stepmom in the room. Basically interrogating a 4 year old.

heh, I had the exact opposite reaction after living there. San Diego was alright and of course the weather can't be beat, but really, other than that, I hated the place. Hated the people. I'd take DC over it all day, every day. But I'm probably just biased. Still not as bad as living in Vegas though. I always tell people, never go for more than a week. Vegas man...Vegas.

Archived