Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Headed up to Three Rivers, CA tomorrow.  Staying in a cabin for a couple days with my special lady friend and some other people.  Supposedly there is a swimming hole.  Gonna take some bottles of wine.  Right near Sequoia National Park, looking forward to seeing some big trees.  If I am eaten by a brown bear it was a nice ride.

So I graduated for the 3rd time in 10 years today. 

Even though I'm tired of going to various colleges for a decade part of me still feels so empty, that there's more to learn

It honestly is like Shawshank when you've been in jail so long it becomes you. 

These walls are funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, you get so you depend on them. That's institutionalized.

I don't know what to do now. I might go back and find another school to go to. I might actually find work now. I don't know. 

There's just something about school that is so great that I don't want to leave. As I embarked for the last time off community college campus, I felt a tinge of sadness. I was on these very pages criticizing community colleges, and saying, everyone here should go to a BCS school. I never saw it from the viewpoint of the other people. And I guess that's part of the learning experience. 

Strange occurrence when viewing the Boston Bombing thread. For some reason, I go to the first page, and towards the bottom, I see a post from.... NavyDave :wtf::wtf::wtf:. 

I could say that the odd part about all of that is that I could've sworn he was put on read only (I guess), but I would have to say that the oddest part is that I don't remember him posting in that thread... at all. It's like his post just appeared out of thin air.

Weird

Rats...can't post the clip I just saw, and I'm putting this here because our search isn't enabled yet, and our google search option wasn't operable because we're early in importing old data...

...but I just saw a 3 minute clip (not the 30 second one) of the new SHIELD TV series with Joss Whedon at the helm and featuring the resurrection of Agent Colson, and it all looked very good. Sort of had the feel of X-Files meets Nikita meets Alphas in the (current) Marvel Universe.

Rats...can't post the clip I just saw, and I'm putting this here because our search isn't enabled yet, and our google search option wasn't operable because we're early in importing old data...

...but I just saw a 3 minute clip (not the 30 second one) of the new SHIELD TV series with Joss Whedon at the helm and featuring the resurrection of Agent Colson, and it all looked very good. Sort of had the feel of X-Files meets Nikita meets Alphas in the (current) Marvel Universe.

I think I saw that a week ago or two.  It looks pretty cool.

Although I wonder if it will catch one with people or not.

I think this is the trailer I saw, not sure if it's the same one you did.

I really shouldn't still be this drunk after work last night. Sure, I've had a few breakfast ****tails, but I got home around 8am and have to go to the largest beach jam on island today and tomorrow is going to be a long serious day of work. sigh, I've got this.

went to the aurora movie theater today to see Star Trek.  it was weird being back there.  Theater was packed, business as usual.

hadn't been back to that place since the memorial service for the victims back in July of last year.

Archived