stevenaa

- Steal tips

- Insult customers

- Serve bad food

Then they believe that everyone is out to get them

Just terrible people in general

https://www.facebook.com/amysbakingco?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

Other Side of Amy’s Baking Company Controversy in Scottsdale To Soon Be Told

SCOTTSDALE, AZ. MAY 15, 2013 -- Amy’s Baking Company will host a Grand Re-Opening on Tuesday night, May 21, following unflattering portrayals on national television.

just watched back to the future for the 100th time, and i just noticed the lifestyle of the mcfly's became so much better when he came back from 1955! lol

It took you 100 viewings to notice that? :silly:

I sort of (sort of) had my own Back To The Future moment while going through my grandmothers house, collecting documents, pictures, etc after she died back in March. My aunt was looking through a box of old pictures when she found a bunch of photos with my grandmother and grandfather in them together, at a very young age. where they had to be even younger than me. Kinda crazy when the youngest you've ever seen them in pictures was in their 40's.

Also came across what looked to be some kind of therapy related recording from my grandfather when he fought in France in WWII, and a very well preserved Life Magazine edition, days (I'm guessing) after the Kennedy assassination, with pictures from the funeral and everything. All of my family members have been going back and forth from the house, grabbing more stuff, making sure every inch is covered. There's no telling what might still be in there. Haven't even gotten around to determining the value on everything. Surreal can't even describe stuff like that, to discovering a 1940's typewriter complete with a case, to going through bank documents from the 30's, or coming across notes from a behavioral exam done on my uncle done in 1959 when he was in second grade.

Oh life, it's bigger

It's bigger than you

And you are not me

The lengths that I will go to

The distance in your eyes

Oh no, I've said too much

I've said enough

That's me in the corner

That's me in the spotlight

Losing my religion

Trying to keep up with you

And I don't know if I can do it

Oh no, I've said too much

I haven't said enough

Pho= Soup broth with vegetables. Yes it's good, but what's the big deal? It's super easy to make at home too.

Pho ( pronounced Fa) is not just broth with vegetables. It's an incredibly rich beef broth served with meat and noodles, then you add your own bean sprouts, mint leaves, and jalapeno. Highly doubt it's easy to make at home, please elaborate.

I didn't know about the entire Amy's Bakery controversy until now but enjoyed the comments on their FB page. Seems to be that they are guilty as charged.

Pho ( pronounced Fa) is not just broth with vegetables. It's an incredibly rich beef broth served with meat and noodles, then you add your own bean sprouts, mint leaves, and jalapeno. Highly doubt it's easy to make at home, please elaborate.

I didn't know about the entire Amy's Bakery controversy until now but enjoyed the comments on their FB page. Seems to be that they are guilty as charged.

You just char some onions and ginger, throw them in a pot. Get a couple of herbs you like, put them in cheese cloth, throw them in the same pot. Get some meat shanks (cheap) and throw them in the pot. Fill it with water and slow boil/ simmer for a couple hours or three, strain it and jar it. Take some out, reheat and throw in some noodles and veggies and whatever you want. It's basic soup and easy to make. I eat like this a lot and had no idea what people were talking about. It's just soup people! :ols:

Yeah, those ABC folks are raving lunatics.

So today's my last day. My investigator job is officially fading out. They are only keeping the most experienced investigators(and one who does absolutely nothing but has a father in high places). Funny thing is despite being the most recent to join (year and half ago) I had just as many cases if not more than the top investigators. Thus why all the investigators will be bottled up with taking over mine. This all comes after I was told repeatedly I was safe by the department VP. Well welcome to unemployment. this sucks :(

You just char some onions and ginger, throw them in a pot. Get a couple of herbs you like, put them in cheese cloth, throw them in the same pot. Get some meat shanks (cheap) and throw them in the pot. Fill it with water and slow boil/ simmer for a couple hours or three, strain it and jar it. Take some out, reheat and throw in some noodles and veggies and whatever you want. It's basic soup and easy to make. I eat like this a lot and had no idea what people were talking about. It's just soup people! :ols:

Thanks, I will try this although I find it hard to believe you get that rich broth in only a few hours.

So today's my last day. My investigator job is officially fading out. They are only keeping the most experienced investigators(and one who does absolutely nothing but has a father in high places). Funny thing is despite being the most recent to join (year and half ago) I had just as many cases if not more than the top investigators. Thus why all the investigators will be bottled up with taking over mine. This all comes after I was told repeatedly I was safe by the department VP. Well welcome to unemployment. this sucks :(

That's awful! I'm so sorry you lost your investigator gig, man. Hopefully, though, something will be around the corner for you.

That's awful! I'm so sorry you lost your investigator gig, man. Hopefully, though, something will be around the corner for you.

yep sigh..... Gonna mess me up not getting up at 5:50 tomorrow for work. I'll probably wake up and be like "oh right" I was worried for awhile thus why I been applying different places (state and such). I just didn't believe the VPs voice when she was telling me I'm safe. "You are the fastest upcoming investigator here. We'll keep you. I'm telling you that."

---------

Anyone need a fraud investigator(specializing in healthcare fraud) lol? sorry had try to bring some humor to this. I think I failed.

I tried Pho for the first time about a week ago. Loved it. The next day I reheated the leftovers and threw in some chunks of fresh fish to boil in it for about a minute....awesome.

Next time I'm making my own.

Thanks, I will try this although I find it hard to believe you get that rich broth in only a few hours.

Check this out. I don't know how much you cook at home, but save the onion skins, celery waste, carrot peels, whatever you normally throw out and put it in a container in the fridge. It'll last for weeks. Freeze it even.

When you have a few cups worth or more, throw it in a pot with enough water to float it. Put some black peppercorns and thyme or dried whatever. You can even save the stems from herbs you may have used in the previous week, just leave them in a dry place like the counter and just use them. No salt though. Simmer all that for an hour or so and strain it. You have veggie broth. Add stuff and you have soup.

Do the same with uncooked chicken bones and you have chicken broth, fish carcase and you have a fume (fish broth).

Char onions and ginger and you have Pho. What the french do, is take the cow shanks and whatever other large bones you have, coat them in tomato paste and roast for a few hours and then do what I said above with them in the water, but you'll need to roast the bones for 3-6 hours to really get that flavor.

Once strained, if you cook your stock (any of them) down a little more and remove any impurity that comes to the top, then your stock becomes broth and it'll have a nice rich taste. Some people will add egg whites to it and skim them off to remove further impurities and make it crystal clear, but that's getting into the consume world. The impurities are more for looks than anything.

Once you've made broth (or soup base(the more you reduce it, after straining it, the more intense the flavor becomes)) you can freeze it in ice cube trays and when you make pasta, you can use one cube to make a sauce better or a couple cubes and make a bowl of soup, just by heating it up and throwing in noodles or veggies or chicken or fish. You can jar it and it will keep for 6 months or more or just freeze it in large containers and have broth or soup for a long long time.

You can even call your friends to come over for chicken noodle Pho. ;)

---------- Post added May-20th-2013 at 11:02 AM ----------

In the next few weeks, I'm going to dive head first into the magical world of fermentation. Kimchi, pickles, kombucha, all sorts of things. I've been flirting with it for a while and now I'm just about ready.

Getting a new phone today; either the Galaxy S4 or iPhone 5. Someone please give me an unbiased suggestion for one.

My past two phones have been Android phones and I've hated both of them. The Galaxy S4 shouldn't have the problems I had with them; they were slow and the processing speed sucked. I love the Android features though. But I don't wanna lock myself into a two year contract again and make the same mistake.

Getting a new phone today; either the Galaxy S4 or iPhone 5. Someone please give me an unbiased suggestion for one.

My past two phones have been Android phones and I've hated both of them. The Galaxy S4 shouldn't have the problems I had with them; they were slow and the processing speed sucked. I love the Android features though. But I don't wanna lock myself into a two year contract again and make the same mistake.

Windows Phone.

Archived