Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Wow that's pretty cool. From the looks of it, it's kind of like a tablet, but in notebook form? I guess it doesn't use Windows then, right?

Nope, uses Google's ChromeOS. One of my friends has it and seems to like it. If you're just looking for something to mess around with on the internet, it seems like it's perfect for that.

Wow that's pretty cool. From the looks of it, it's kind of like a tablet, but in notebook form? I guess it doesn't use Windows then, right?
I have one (the $249 Samsung chromebook). It is a great laptop for surfing the web while watching TV, and I actually use Google Docs for a number of things, but it is definitely more limited than even an iPad or an Android tablet. The Chromebook runs the Chrome operating system, which is basically just a web browser so if you're basically limited to things that you can do within your web browser on a desktop computer (which can actually be a lot of things: Gmail, Facebook, Google Talk (w/ video), Google Docs, YouTube, Flash games, upload photos and documents, etc.)

217 million?

-Pay my folks back for putting me through school

-Give them some more cash so they can travel (something they sacrificed to put me through school)

-Give my sister a cut so she can go and get her Master's Degree

-Put at least 2 million away in savings

With the rest? I'd probably get a nice apartment in Bethesda and find a part time gig to keep me occupied.

Nope, uses Google's ChromeOS. One of my friends has it and seems to like it. If you're just looking for something to mess around with on the internet, it seems like it's perfect for that.
I have one (the $249 Samsung chromebook). It is a great laptop for surfing the web while watching TV, and I actually use Google Docs for a number of things, but it is definitely more limited than even an iPad or an Android tablet. The Chromebook runs the Chrome operating system, which is basically just a web browser so if you're basically limited to things that you can do within your web browser on a desktop computer (which can actually be a lot of things: Gmail, Facebook, Google Talk (w/ video), Google Docs, YouTube, Flash games, upload photos and documents, etc.)

Thanks. I think I might need more of a traditional laptop. I would prefer something that used Windows, for Word and hopefully some basic video editing program like Windows Movie Maker. I get online but I don't play video games or do Facebook or anything. Rather not spend a fortune since I don't know enough about computers to be able to tell the difference between what's great and what's adequate.

Thanks. I think I might need more of a traditional laptop. I would prefer something that used Windows, for Word and hopefully some basic video editing program like Windows Movie Maker. I get online but I don't play video games or do Facebook or anything. Rather not spend a fortune since I don't know enough about computers to be able to tell the difference between what's great and what's adequate.

Well they do have a bunch of apps you can use that will let you do those things. http://support.google.com/chromeos/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1056325

Learned life lessons, late night fighting leopards

Polo’d down like Tyson Beckford

Flow is nice, the blow is white like Robert Redford

But little homie this is just textbook

Flesh is cooked, bust my gun like them kids in Red Hook

Keep it jumping like Russell Westbrook

Gas is ridiculous. Sometimes I wish I could be my current age 20-30 years ago, just to see those beautiful gas prices. Gas isn't a real problem to me financially, as I'm a pretty frugal person, but I still cringe when I see that meter. Mid grade was like a dollar less my first year of school in 2006.

I hate days like this.

I have a mental tick that does not allow me to do nothing. I'm not hyperactive or anything like that.. but I MUST work.

(When i was a kid, every time i had nothing to do, my mom would yell at me for doing nothing. Now, even if I have nothing to do, i can't stop. If I'm sick, I literally have to ask my wife if i can be sick, and I HAVE to be told it's OK.)

Today is one of those days.. i have about 6 clients with work to be done, but all of them are currently reviewing things to get back to me.

Until they get back to me, I have nothing to do.

I keep checking my email.. knowing that none of these clients will be getting back to me for at least another day or two.

I just want to be able to relax. I know one day I should retire, but I don't know if i will be able to.

That was pretty random, I figure. Am i a workaholic?

~Bang

haha I'm totally the opposite. I can relax all day, every day. I am sooooo lazy. If money wasn't an issue, there is no way I'd work.

Today I got a flat tire on the way home on 66. I pulled over and started to call my boyfriend so he could come save me. One minute later, some VDOT transportation safety guy pulls up behind me, and he just went and put my spare on for me....for free. He said that it's paid for by the taxpayers, and he gave me his card after the fact and said I could write an email and that maybe the government will decide to fund them this year.

It was so awesome. I think I had my flat tire around 3:50, I was on the road at 4:10. For free.

But now my car's at Goodyear and I get to pay a nice chunk of change for 2 new tires. I am the worst with tires. I think I've had at LEAST 6 flat tires in my life.

Gas is ridiculous. Sometimes I wish I could be my current age 20-30 years ago, just to see those beautiful gas prices. Gas isn't a real problem to me financially, as I'm a pretty frugal person, but I still cringe when I see that meter. Mid grade was like a dollar less my first year of school in 2006.

I'm not old by any means, but when I moved out to WA in 2000, I filled the moving van up with regular in New Martinsville, WV....89 cents a gallon. (on sale + gas station credit card) When I got to Tacoma, WA, it was 1.29. Now its 3.49. My, how the times have changed.

Today I got a flat tire on the way home on 66. I pulled over and started to call my boyfriend so he could come save me. One minute later, some VDOT transportation safety guy pulls up behind me, and he just went and put my spare on for me....for free. He said that it's paid for by the taxpayers, and he gave me his card after the fact and said I could write an email and that maybe the government will decide to fund them this year.

It was so awesome. I think I had my flat tire around 3:50, I was on the road at 4:10. For free.

But now my car's at Goodyear and I get to pay a nice chunk of change for 2 new tires. I am the worst with tires. I think I've had at LEAST 6 flat tires in my life.

Yep. Most states have some sort of Freeway Service Patrol on the major highways/interstates.

Archived