Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I haven't been to a middle school in years but I'm going to assume Home Ec isn't taught anymore.

Seriously. We had to sew pants and stuffed animals. I worked a Singer machine back in the day. We learned how to thread it and took tests on it. :ols:

Cooking, I'd have no problem with doing today, and a lot more men cook as chefs than women. But sewing? No

If Griff didn't get hurt then it could have been a Redskins Ravens SB

I was clamoring for that late in the season, congrats to Raven

Was reminded today of home ec in middle school. That class was terrible. First of all, we were asked to use sewing machines to stitch stuffed animals. Dead serious. I don't even know where the stuffed animal I made was. I'm terrible with that machine.

If it wasn't a man trying to use a sewing machine, it was cooking in the home ec kitchen. I remember trying to make stuffed peppers in middle school, goodness they were terrible. I can't remember what else they made us cook. Best thing I ever cooked back then was Orange Julius. How hard could it be, just put vanilla ice cream and orange juice and mix it up.

I don't remember if you could opt out of that class. If you could I probably would have. I can't sew for ****. I'm a man.

You gonna wear your Ravens gear tomorrow?

---------- Post added February-4th-2013 at 12:35 AM ----------

I wouldn't get ready for a Super Bowl run yet. Though they had a good run at the end of the season, our defense isn't Super Bowl caliber yet. It'll take an amazing draft and some great FA signings to make that happen in 2013.
Our defense was missing several starters. And like Sinister said, a great defense isn't necessarily needed to win SBs these days.

While it's true that it's not a requirement, it sure doesn't hurt. It's hard to trust a team that puts up a lot of punts, but allows a lot of points. I don't know if I trust the Redskins to win a track meet, even with an offense like ours.

But, no matter how we win it, I just want the 'Skins to hoist that fourth Lombardi trophy next year.

While it's true that it's not a requirement, it sure doesn't hurt. It's hard to trust a team that puts up a lot of punts, but allows a lot of points. I don't know if I trust the Redskins to win a track meet, even with an offense like ours.

What? We were in track meets all year becaue of porous play from the defense. The one game where we really struggled to get things going was against the Steelers, with like 10-12 drops. No one could completely stop us all season, and that was with a pass offense ranked in the 20's. We were a top 5 offense and were 4th in points scored.

If Griff didn't get hurt then it could have been a Redskins Ravens SB

I was clamoring for that late in the season, congrats to Raven

Was reminded today of home ec in middle school. That class was terrible. First of all, we were asked to use sewing machines to stitch stuffed animals. Dead serious. I don't even know where the stuffed animal I made was. I'm terrible with that machine.

If it wasn't a man trying to use a sewing machine, it was cooking in the home ec kitchen. I remember trying to make stuffed peppers in middle school, goodness they were terrible. I can't remember what else they made us cook. Best thing I ever cooked back then was Orange Julius. How hard could it be, just put vanilla ice cream and orange juice and mix it up.

I don't remember if you could opt out of that class. If you could I probably would have. I can't sew for ****. I'm a man.

God I hated doing that crap in middle school. We had the same exact projects and I remember making this stupid ass stuffed gorilla haha

Theres a nice sized hawk (I think) soaring around my neighborhood.

Biggest damn bird Ive ever seen. Small dogs better look out. :ols:

I was walkin my dog and the thing started circling us. Got kinda scared.

Hmmm. I remember these birds that used to hang out in my neighborhood back when I lived in Waldorf. They'd always come around on trash days. They were obviously scavenger birds, but I'd never seen birds like these before. Big, fat ass birds that were so big they could barely even fly.

I was peaking out of the window one morning, and noticed one (must've been twice the size of a standard turkey, almost as big as the damn trash bag) ripping open a trash bag and going to work. Then three more came, and at that point, I just decided to stay in the house like a *****, because I already knew just by looking at them that they're the type that won't even respond to you even when you're standing right in front of them, so unless you have a gun to shoot, you won't scare them off... and, because they looked like the type that would bite me and cause me to come down with some crazy 28 Days Later type **** if I got close enough.

Then the way they interacted with each other was weird as hell too. They sort of raised their wings and started highstepping towards each other (no joke). Probably plotting to kill somebody.

They were black/grey-ish.

That sucks. Sorry to hear that man.
Condolences... I'm lucky with the fact that I do not have a wife.

Thanks for the well wishes. We have an agreement that Sundays are mine during football season, but hers during the off-season.

Well, she's not wasting any time. She wants to go to IKEA this weekend. FML. :(

Hmmm. I remember these birds that used to hang out in my neighborhood back when I lived in Waldorf. They'd always come around on trash days. They were obviously scavenger birds, but I'd never seen birds like these before. Big, fat ass birds that were so big they could barely even fly.

I was peaking out of the window one morning, and noticed one (must've been twice the size of a standard turkey, almost as big as the damn trash bag) ripping open a trash bag and going to work. Then three more came, and at that point, I just decided to stay in the house like a *****, because I already knew just by looking at them that they're the type that won't even respond to you even when you're standing right in front of them, so unless you have a gun to shoot, you won't scare them off... and, because they looked like the type that would bite me and cause me to come down with some crazy 28 Days Later type **** if I got close enough.

Then the way they interacted with each other was weird as hell too. They sort of raised their wings and started highstepping towards each other (no joke). Probably plotting to kill somebody.

They were black/grey-ish.

Possibly turkey vultures maybe?

Well, she's not wasting any time. She wants to go to IKEA this weekend. FML. :(

Frank the Tank: Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time. :ols:

John Clayton just said that Flacco is probably looking at 5 years, $100M. That's a ton of money, but coming off a superbowl win, they've gotta cough it up. "**** you, pay me!"

And Merril Hodge just said that he ranks Joe Flacco as the best QB in the nfl, ahead of Rodgers, Brady, Ryan and Peyton :ols:

Possibly turkey vultures maybe?

Maybe. I'm not real good with identifying certain vulture species, and scavenger birds in general. After looking at the google pics however, that might be what it was. Compared to the rest of it's body, it definitely had a peabrain head (very hard to see), but I don't recall it's head being that color when I did see it.

I'm watching the coverage of the Ravens victory parade on NFLN, place is crazy. People are breaking through the barriers and coming right up to the cars the players are in. Ed Reed got out of his car and was carrying the trophy around letting people touch it, I think at one point someone in the crowd tried to steal it from him lol.

Archived