Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

[/color]

Having a hard time not focusing on the news my mom was just diagnosed with breast cancer. I've been staying busy and trying to keep my routine. Damn this **** sucks

Be strong and you can beat this. There are things you can do. If you need anything, ask. I've been down this road.

There's a lot of vapid, unintelligent, uncouth girls out there. And I seem to meet a lot of them. Guess the jokes on me.

I know. Body of an angel, but no heart and no brain. It's frustrating.

edit: After thinking about it, I don't want to be too hard on the vapid, unintelligent, uncouth girls out there. Everyone has reasons for being the way they are... but it's good to have standards.

Having a hard time not focusing on the news my mom was just diagnosed with breast cancer. I've been staying busy and trying to keep my routine. Damn this **** sucks

Sorry to hear this, it does suck. My mom beat it too, so try to stay strong and have hope. I'll be praying for her.

Just spent the last 20 minutes watching Alfred Morris highlight videos...good lord I love that dude. Gonna be a long off-season, I can't wait to see him crank up that diesel again.

I can't believe that, if it weren't for Adrian Peterson playing like a freak this year, our 6th round rookie would have been the #1 running back in the NFL.

Just spent the last 20 minutes watching Alfred Morris highlight videos...good lord I love that dude. Gonna be a long off-season, I can't wait to see him crank up that diesel again.

I can't believe that, if it weren't for Adrian Peterson playing like a freak this year, our 6th round rookie would have been the #1 running back in the NFL.

Even after the season he had, it really amazes me that some people still don't understand just how special it was, and how much he helped RGIII. All season, it was "He wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for the threat of RGIII." The truth is that they helped each other.

Everyone knows why our running backs haven't been consistently effective until Morris arrived (not including o-line play)

Durability

Vision

Yards after contact

Decisiveness

Consistency

Morris provided all of that. No running back that Shanny has had since he's been here could do that. This guy did it in his first season. People always want to resort to numbers instead of using their eyes. This guy was special for us. And all of a sudden he's expendable, and Helu/Royster, or some cat we pick up inthe draft or in FA can come right in and duplicate that. Yeah right. I'm all for getting more versatile/speedier backs to back Al Mo up, and I am aware that chances are that he won't be here in 2-3 years, but to immediately think that you can pretty much take him out back and put a slug in him and carry on production wise without a dropoff, is ridiculous.

Helu is a talent, but is made of glass at this point, and I honestly don't know what the hell happened with Royster.A good number of people always complained about this team not having any good players, or depth, but when we get said good players/depth, they always want to trade everybody, or deem certain players expendable. Never ceases to amaze me.

[/color]

Be strong and you can beat this. There are things you can do. If you need anything, ask. I've been down this road.

Thanks for the support. There's a good chance I may be reaching out to you. I read your post about your friend, any good news on that front?

---------- Post added January-30th-2013 at 10:57 AM ----------

Sorry to hear this, it does suck. My mom beat it too, so try to stay strong and have hope. I'll be praying for her.

Thanks! That's awesome your mom beat it, mines a strong woman so I know she can too.

Great post Sinister, totally agree. It annoys me too that uninformed football fans dismiss Alfred's season, with comments like "you could plug anybody into Shanny's zone scheme and he'll rush for 1,500 yards." shut the hell up.

Bothers the hell out of me when fans from other parts of the country have such strong, negative nancy opinons on RG3 and Morris, when they've only seen maybe 2 or 3 Redskins games this year.

Will do. I lost my Mom to cancer at a young age. Ovarian, not breast and I know a lot of people who've beat the hell out of it.

On a different note and trying to cheer things up a bit, the gf and I are looking into a trip to the islands this summer. Living down there, which one of the vi's do you recommend for two first timers? Don't want anything too commercialized but also not overly secluded for lack of a better term.

On a different note and trying to cheer things up a bit, the gf and I are looking into a trip to the islands this summer. Living down there, which one of the vi's do you recommend for two first timers? Don't want anything too commercialized but also not overly secluded for lack of a better term.

I'm on ST Croix and I love it. It's not commercial at all, affordable and not resorty. That's what St Thomas is for. St Johns is beautiful and small.

I'd come here, but it's also my home.

Awesome. I had no idea that's where they filmed the end of Shawshank. I'm gonna start looking into trips here pretty shortly.

My Dads coming, so I've been looking into cheaper room. I know the girl who is about to run Cheney Bay, that's a great affordable spot. In town, look for the Comanche. Also reasonable rates. Rooms around $100. My name is Jamison, feel free to drop it, might help if they know me.

As many times as I've watched Shawshank, I've never...ever seen it all the way through, unedited. There are a lot of other classic movies that I have not seen as well. I just saw To Sir, With Love on AMC a couple weeks back when they were running a Sidney Poitier marathon.

That is called A.D.D.

That is called A.D.D.

The funny part about that is that I actually have ADD :ols:

I've always operated under the "It's not going anywhere" train of thoughts when it's come to movies/tv shows. From high school graduation to when I graduated college back in '10, I've missed a ton of movies and shows, not to mention the countless amount of stuff I missed before then.

Archived