Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/zagat/~3/K8oVbDzuSgE/bbq-fiend-alertmeat-week-is-coming.html

'Cue hounds can pig out in good company during Meat Week, happening January 27-February 3. Informal gatherings are scheduled for barbecue havens including Hill Country (1/28), Pork Barrel BBQ (1/31) and the Kangaroo Boxing Club (2/2, brunch). There will be a BBQ food-truck face-off, hosted by Living Social (2/1). The events offer a chance to check out regional traditions ranging from dry-rubbed Texas brisket to vinegar-mopped Carolina pulled pork to sweet and spicy sauced ribs from Kansas City and Memphis, all while comparing notes w ith like-minded carnivores. Most do not require prior sign-up, and diners generally order and pay for their own food. Groups and individuals are welcome. Go here for schedules, updates and more information.

meatweek12.jpg

Apparently this is going on in the DC area

Just a heads up

I never watch Kimmel (nothing against him--don't watch any of those shows the last few years, usually) but tuned in to see the "Matt Damon takes over" shtick, and it was great. Damon was excellent that the cameos/guests were funnier than hell. The bit worked surprisingly well throughout the whole show. :)

My favorite bartender/coworker quit tonight. :( I'm so sad...

And now I'm livid... Worked 47 hours last week... Got my (2 week) paycheck, I've been paid for 77.98 hours... 0 overtime. Also they claimed ($XXX.XX) when I made twice that. In restaurants they think they're doing you a favor by helping you bypass taxes, but they're also ****ing me over if I ever want to get an apartment.... ABSOLUTELY LIVID!

Madden is pissing me the **** off.

Horse **** game.

So finally i leave the cave and buy a PS3, and madden is th first game,, my son is beating the living crap out of me.. LBs definitely have ridiculous jumps, and his always seem to be right where i'm throwing the ball.

seriously considering going to Vegas and blowing his college money.

the thing that aggravates me the most is that the layout of the controller is NO different, and yet they changed how to do the most basic things.. and the worst thing.. the old left juke button is now the lateral button, so I spend a lot of time trying to run through holes with the ball out in the wind.

mumblegrumble****ingFUMBLE

~Bang

Saw the Cleveland 95 documentary the other and it made me think: can you imagine if the Redskins moved? Can you imagine the **** storm that would cause? I mean, Baltimore and Cleveland were devastated by their team moving. If the Redskins even thought about moving, there would be riots in the streets and the person responsible for that decision would have to have armed guards around him/her every moment of every day.

It will never happen, especially since the 'Skins are making so much money, but man...

So finally i leave the cave and buy a PS3, and madden is th first game,, my son is beating the living crap out of me.. LBs definitely have ridiculous jumps, and his always seem to be right where i'm throwing the ball.

seriously considering going to Vegas and blowing his college money.

the thing that aggravates me the most is that the layout of the controller is NO different, and yet they changed how to do the most basic things.. and the worst thing.. the old left juke button is now the lateral button, so I spend a lot of time trying to run through holes with the ball out in the wind.

mumblegrumble****ingFUMBLE

~Bang

The hardest thing about playing Madden is learning the controls. Once you learn the controls, your knowledge of football will kick in and then it will be on.

Saw the Cleveland 95 documentary the other and it made me think: can you imagine if the Redskins moved? Can you imagine the **** storm that would cause? I mean, Baltimore and Cleveland were devastated by their team moving. If the Redskins even thought about moving, there would be riots in the streets and the person responsible for that decision would have to have armed guards around him/her every moment of every day.

It will never happen, especially since the 'Skins are making so much money, but man...

I would be one of those people on the NFL Films angry at the busses that you look at and say "It's just a football team, why is he crying?"

I would be one of those people on the NFL Films angry at the busses that you look at and say "It's just a football team, why is he crying?"

I don't mean to make light of it, because it was a devastating event that set the city back decades, but I have a feeling the reaction would rival, or even surpass, the riots that happened after Martin Luther King died in '68.

For those who don't know, this is a picture from the '68 riots.

ap_washingtondc_riots_1968_300x200_121025.jpg

Archived