Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I'm not old by any means, but when I moved out to WA in 2000, I filled the moving van up with regular in New Martinsville, WV....89 cents a gallon. (on sale + gas station credit card) When I got to Tacoma, WA, it was 1.29. Now its 3.49. My, how the times have changed.

89 Cents... Damn thats a dream come true.

Yep. Most states have some sort of Freeway Service Patrol on the major highways/interstates.

I had no idea. A long time ago I ran out of gas on the toll road and some really nice Irish service guy gave me a free gallon of gas while I was bawling on the side of the road.

I had no idea someone would come help me for free. I was thinking to myself "EFFFFFFFFFFFFFF why did I never renew my AAA membership?" So, so awesome. I will be writing an email (if I can figure out where I put his card!)

I had no idea. A long time ago I ran out of gas on the toll road and some really nice Irish service guy gave me a free gallon of gas while I was bawling on the side of the road.

I had no idea someone would come help me for free. I was thinking to myself "EFFFFFFFFFFFFFF why did I never renew my AAA membership?" So, so awesome. I will be writing an email (if I can figure out where I put his card!)

Glad you are safe.

Now learn to change a flat.

:evilg:

Glad you are safe.

Now learn to change a flat.

:evilg:

haha I probably could after so many issues with my tires and watching other people change them. I don't have a jack. I think I have a thingie for the lugnuts but this guy had one of those drills that takes em off real quick-like. :) The guy did tell me that he didn't mind doing it for me since I was a woman....lol. He said some men just stand around and watch him. I'm perfectly fine with letting men do these things for me. ;)

89 Cents... Damn thats a dream come true.

Yeah, current priceds are completely ridiculous.

I'm starting to sound like my dad. "My mom would give me 15 cents and I could buy a 16 oz pepsi, 3 moon pies, (not those crappy small ones), a handful of candy, and a pack of gum."

Now I'm that guy. LOL

My dad practically dragged me in the garage when I was 15 and showed me how to change a flat, jump a car, etc, just so I wouldn't be caught in an embarrasing situation later in life. I've been waiting for that classic "Damsel In Distress" moment like the one MissU described for the last 8 years. Hasn't happened yet. Fingers crossed...

My dad practically dragged me in the garage when I was 15 and showed me how to change a flat, jump a car, etc, just so I wouldn't be caught in an embarrasing situation later in life. I've been waiting for that classic "Damsel In Distress" moment like the one MissU described for the last 8 years. Hasn't happened yet. Fingers crossed...

haha. I know how to jump a car. I had to jump my first car so many times that I'm a pro.

I think the lowest I can remember gas prices being was 1.19. My sister used to visit VA a lot during the late 90's, she said gas out there was like 95 cents... Man I would literally slap my mother for some 95 cent gas and I think she would be happy for it...

I am still getting a Suburban though. I am to big and tall to be riding in this Chevy Venture.

Huey what's good son??? where you been?

I'm good bro. Got a lot of school working keeping me busy. You never on BF3 man.

---------- Post added February-7th-2013 at 10:06 PM ----------

I put mid-grade in my van. By my job it was 3.77. But that is in Arlington, VA. They took all the gas stations by my house, but I think the last time I went pass the closet one to my house, mid-grade was 4.09...

Premium is 3.98 out here

The injection I got in my shoulder two days ago has me WIRED. I didn't know that was one of the possible side effects. Holy crap, I doubt I'm even going to be able to sleep tonight. I feel like that crazy old lady in "Something About Mary" --- the only reason I'm not vacuuming is that it will wake everyone up. Anyone else ever dealt with this with cortisone injections?

I'm good bro. Got a lot of school working keeping me busy. You never on BF3 man

haha ya i've been on blops 2 heavy lately. shoot man just hit me up, i'm ready to get back into battlefield again. Hit me up if you see me online, even if i'm playing blops. i'll get off and hop on bf3

So I made mention that layoffs are coming. I, thankfully, didn't merit one. Now, they are passing out voluntary lay-off forms? What is that about? I didn't realize such a thing was possible. What is the difference between voluntarily laying your self off as opposed to quitting?

So I made mention that layoffs are coming. I, thankfully, didn't merit one. Now, they are passing out voluntary lay-off forms? What is that about? I didn't realize such a thing was possible. What is the difference between voluntarily laying your self off as opposed to quitting?

the ability to get unemployment i guess.

Archived