Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Per ESPN: U.S. ski team medical director Kyle Wilkens said that Vonn tore the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in her knee and also suffered a lateral tibia plateau fracture -- which involves the upper surface of the shin bone.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/skiing/story/_/id/8916817/lindsey-vonn-hospitalized-crash-super-g-worlds

my weekly ESPN rant for the week:

Cowturd just said that out of the 3 rookie QBs, Luck did more with less than RG3 and Wilson. I'll give it to Luck that he had a terrible offensive line, but he still had pro-bowl wide receiver Reggie Wayne, and emerging rookie T.Y. Hilton. He said Wilson was #2, and Colin downplayed Russel's weapons in Sydney Rice, Golden Tate and Zach Miller. Didn't mention that Seattle's defense gave Wilson good field positon a lot and that Wilson probably came into thte most complete team upon arriving.

When talking about how RG3 had it "easier" than Luck and Wilson, Colin said that "RG3 has a top 5 offensive line in the NFL and a veteran coach." :ols: So I guess the fact that RG3 was without his #1 receiver for half the season and his starting tight end missed the entire season, and Griffin was throwing to guys named Leonard Hankerson and Josh Morgan.

What he say?

It really wasn't that bad. I think I'm still carrying around a grudge after what he wrote about Sean Taylor, but he was saying Kornheiser wasn't giving the Ravens enough respect because he's a Redskins fan. It was all in the inflection in his voice...disdain, almost. I know they banter a lot, but he just gives off this vibe that he doesn't like his adopted city. Kornheiser, on the other hand, really seems to love D.C.

You guys watch too much ESPN

Wean yourself off the mothership. I quit following ESPN after they disrespected Bruce Feldman and basically silenced him because he corroborated on a book with Mike Leach. Keep in mind ESPN said he could do it. When they said he could do it, then silenced him for doing so, that's as low as you can go. I rarely check ESPN.com since. I just load up sports.yahoo.com

You guys watch too much ESPN

Wean yourself off the mothership. I quit following ESPN after they disrespected Bruce Feldman and basically silenced him because he corroborated on a book with Mike Leach. Keep in mind ESPN said he could do it. When they said he could do it, then silenced him for doing so, that's as low as you can go. I rarely check ESPN.com since. I just load up sports.yahoo.com

Agreed. The last time I watched ESPN was the Redskins/Giants MNF game. I may occasionally flip to ESPNEWS for a few minutes while I wind down before bed but that's about it.

I'll watch ESPN whenever the Heat, Redskins, and any other game I'm interested in that's on. Other than that, I won't watch anymore. None of their syndicated radio stastions, and non of their talk shows that I used to DVR. Nothing. I just don't find it that entertaining anymore. I won't even watch NFLN lik ethat anymore because they've tried too much these last few years to be like ESPN.

Feels great.

A bottle of white, a bottle of red

Perhaps a bottle of rose instead

We'll get a table near the street

In our old familiar place

You and I, face to face

A bottle of red, a bottle of whites

It all depends upon your appetite

I'll meet you any time you want

In our Italian Restaurant

Just survived my first therapeutic shoulder injection.

I think next time I'd rather play through the pain and/orr blow out my kidneys with ibuprofen. That sucked.

Argh. Going through neck/disc/shoulder stuff too. Hate it and I have high pain tolerance. :(

Giants cut Ahmad Bradshaw's punk ass :ols:

David Wilson was pretty impressive

I feel bad for the guy, but he is just sooooo injury prone. They also cut Chris Canty and Michael Boley today, surprised about Canty because they only have legit DT on the roster now. Boley not so much they really cut his playing time back towards the end of the season.

The final 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan, the "Battle of Ramelle"....top 5 greatest action scenes in the HISTORY of cinema?

I've seen this movie in its entirety at least 15 times and the final battle scene still gives me goosebumps.

Archived