Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I'm going to go ahead and say that was the worst storm I've ever experienced. Mother nature just gave an example of just how powerful she is.

This is my example. I was scared ****less because I saw this coming at me for a half an hour. I knew it was going to hit, yet I couldn't do anything about it. I called my wife at work and told her to stay there until it passed and that I loved her. I wanted to leave the house with the dogs, but she convinced me to stay. This is an F5 and it got up to 1 1/2 miles big. It hit less than a mile from my house. I am in a community across the street from this first video and slightly to the north.

Crazy thing is I never heard the 'freight train' sound. It was silent except for my roof creaking. This was during the tornado outbreak last year.

Earlier in the day, I saw a tornado forming outside my house and ran to get the camera. My wife called from work and told me to get in the washroom because there were two smaller tornadoes on each side of our community. Those two sounded like a constant thunder. I was freaked out. I paced the house for an hour after they went through.

A little while after the F5 happened, my wife was on her way home from work because she thought she had killed me by telling me to stay and she had to leave the car and run into a ditch with water waist high because she saw a tornado. She was ready to get out of that ditch when anther one touched down. She came home soaked but alive!

Scariest day of my life and I lived most of my life in Florida and have been through several hurricanes.

---------- Post added June-30th-2012 at 01:04 AM ----------

I am in a farmer's market program where you pre-pay for each seasons fresh fruits, vegetables, and cheeses. We pick it up weekly. Until recently, I just bought whatever we wanted from the grocery store. After joining the market, I started researching about pesticides and other crap they do to our fruits and vegetables. So glad I do not eat that junk anymore. Not only do I have more energy, but the food taste a heck of a lot better. I have not had one bad berry of any kind or bad peaches, etc.....this season. It was always hit and miss at the grocery. Now, I only go to the grocery for organic spinach.

---------- Post added June-30th-2012 at 01:05 AM ----------

I feel so bad for cooks at restaurants. There is one place I go for breakfast, which I just came back from, where the waitresses straight berate the cooks. "I want the olives in the omelette, Jesus!!!!!" I can see the cooks through the window looking angry. Then she's all, "see, that wasn't that hard." I wanted to smack her.

I was honestly expecting a tornado to come roaring through at any moment. Very little thunder, tons of lightning, high winds, what sounded like hail, for a few minutes anyways. I hate it when they occur at night, because you can't see anything, and that really puts you on edge. I forgot to put new batteries in my radio also, so I couldn't hear what was going on news wise

I can't believe people are actually suggesting that the Giants are more hated than the Cowboys. :ols:

Come on

After the **** Mara pulled on us, I don't blame them. I want to sweep the Cowboys, but I want to flat out embarrass the Giants and shove it in Mara's face.

Met Antawn Jamison tonight. Was on a date at a nice restaurant called Ago in West Hollywood. He was sitting at the table next to us with a girl. As he left I said yo Antawn. Stood up shook his hand and told him I was from DC and a Wizards fan. Said the best years were with him, Caron, and Gilbert. He smiled and said thanks. Cool story bro.

Archived