Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

The galaxy s3 is AWESOME.

That's what I hear, but I can't justify buying a new phone for myself or my lady right now, just a waste. We both have pretty solid phones ( Atrix and S2, respectively ), perhaps upgrade one of ours and give the other to a family member...haha.

Geez. I'm watching a Wilt Chamberlin documentary on NBA TV. You know what's just as impressive as his 100 point gamr and averaging 50 points per game that same season? It all happened in the 1961-1962 season. That season he played in all 80 games. In all those games, he only missed 8 minutes after getting thrown out of one game. He averaged 48.5 minutes per game that year. Regulation games are only 48 minutes long. Insane.

The older I get, the higher the pile of self-embarrassment. The latest one is having become completely enamored of Kimbra. For one thing, I am mesmerized by the 4 different video clips I have of her and Kotye, just by watching her hands and face (not that her voice isn't great) when she performs on "Somebody I used To Know." I actually searched for interviews to see how she came off in them. She's fantastic (Kotye seems like a cool guy, too). I have no idea how this happens to me other than some sort of age-related cognitive deterioration.

Oh hell. I've always been like this.

P.S. I had an absolutely awesome 4th and hope others did too. I'll have to write about it tomorrow.

Hate to toot my own horn, but I was ego-tripping while drunk last night :ols:

Went to the local fun park place with go karts and mini golf stuff yesterday, and they had a "how hard can you punch" machine. There was a crowd of about 15 of us taking turns playing, and I not only proceeded to break the record, but I broke my own record twice. It started to get kinda busy, and a lot of people were standing by and watching. One of the guys that works there came over and said that the punch machine has been there since 2009. I broke the old record that was standing for about a year and I own the top 3 spots on the all-time punch record. I had scores of 943, 940, 933....and the old record was 890....

Guess I hit hard. :)

So I went to Wal-Mart during my 4th of July and I was looking around. I have T-Mobile, and a really ****ty phone (it's an old Razr from 2008)

I'd love to have a smartphone like everyone else in the 21st century, but the data plan is 60 bucks per month. 60. Are all data plans this expensive?

Hate to toot my own horn, but I was ego-tripping while drunk last night :ols:

Went to the local fun park place with go karts and mini golf stuff yesterday, and they had a "how hard can you punch" machine. There was a crowd of about 15 of us taking turns playing, and I not only proceeded to break the record, but I broke my own record twice. It started to get kinda busy, and a lot of people were standing by and watching. One of the guys that works there came over and said that the punch machine has been there since 2009. I broke the old record that was standing for about a year and I own the top 3 spots on the all-time punch record. I had scores of 943, 940, 933....and the old record was 890....

Guess I hit hard. :)

I envision the punching machine crowd as the same crowd that pops their collars, wears sunglasses inside (and at night), and wears knee-high socks with sandals :ols:

I envision the punching machine crowd as the same crowd that pops their collars, wears sunglasses inside (and at night), and wears knee-high socks with sandals :ols:

Or boat shoes/black crew socks (I'm still amazed over that pic ren posted)

Anyways, the last part of that post reminded me of that awesome line from Bolo in Bloodsport after Van Damme crushes the stack of bricks

So I went to Wal-Mart during my 4th of July and I was looking around. I have T-Mobile, and a really ****ty phone (it's an old Razr from 2008)

I'd love to have a smartphone like everyone else in the 21st century, but the data plan is 60 bucks per month. 60. Are all data plans this expensive?

yes.

Don't have that kind of dough to throw around

well, if it's not a priority for you, then don't do it. Before I got a smartphone, I was content with just using my phone to call and text. Then I got envious of people who were able to go on their phones and search the internet, check email, etc. It's worth it to me. I can check my personal and work email on my phone, and I use my phone as my gps system, and I use it to log my runs and keep track of my time and routes. I also stream all my music on my phone from spotify. It is also my alarm clock. I have no house phone.

My mom is still a part of my phone plan because I put her on a family plan when I bought her a cell phone years ago. She does not have a smart phone. Our monthly bill is about $120.

Archived