Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

So who here is investing in Facebook? I can't see it going well. I just don't see what they offer. Everything they do is based of ads. I can honestly say I've never once clicked on an ad on Facebook. Plus with more and more people using smartphones, people don't even go to the actual website as much anymore.

I'm not, but their model has become very interesting. Almost every business is linked to facebook. News pages are linked to facebook. They have their collective hand in just about all corners of the internet.

I'm not, but their model has become very interesting. Almost every business is linked to facebook. News pages are linked to facebook. They have their collective hand in just about all corners of the internet.

But people go to Facebook to find out info on friends and family and play games. People don't go on Facebook to read news stories or look at ads.

Exactly. That's why you've started seeing snippets of news articles and videos. If you want to read the rest of the article, you click on the link which takes you to CNN, etc etc.

Also, many services that would require you to sign up now have "Log in with Facebook" as an alternative. I've done this countless times.

Not really saying FB is going to last forever, but it's been getting increasingly more difficult to avoid it.

Exactly. That's why you've started seeing snippets of news articles and videos. If you want to read the rest of the article, you click on the link which takes you to CNN, etc etc.

Also, many services that would require you to sign up now have "Log in with Facebook" as an alternative. I've done this countless times.

Not really saying FB is going to last forever, but it's been getting increasingly more difficult to avoid it.

I mean its definitely everywhere. But are companies going to keep advertising there? GM recently pulled their advertising saying it wasn't worth it. I mean its an easy way to reach millions of people, but is it a viable business? I just don't see it. Its not like they produce anything. They get everything from ad revenue.

"They should invent a treadmill with a laptop built in and the internet wouldn't work unless you were actually walking and if you wanted to download something you had to run and the faster you run the faster it downloads. I'd buy it and lose so much weight."

Can't wait until I buy my own house.

I'd have one room completely dedicated to art/memorabilia like my dad does, except instead of boxing stuff I'd go the route of Samurai art. I love that stuff. I actually like the one in my sig:

Samurai_by_GBrush.jpg

I'd definitely have to either find me a samurai sword or one of their battle armor outfits. That would be badass. Probably wouldn't go over 3 g's for the sword though.

PSA:

the past tense of "lead" is not spelled lead. Lead the material is spelled lead, but the past tense of lead is LED. I LED him to the water. I have seen this mistake like 3 times in the past few days and it IRKS me.

Also, something is biasED, not bias. You SHOW bias towards something, but you are biasED.

"They should invent a treadmill with a laptop built in and the internet wouldn't work unless you were actually walking and if you wanted to download something you had to run and the faster you run the faster it downloads. I'd buy it and lose so much weight."

http://www.johnlivingston.com/bicycle_laptop_charger.htm

---------- Post added May-17th-2012 at 05:58 PM ----------

PSA:

the past tense of "lead" is not spelled lead. Lead the material is spelled lead, but the past tense of lead is LED. I LED him to the water. I have seen this mistake like 3 times in the past few days and it IRKS me.

Also, something is biasED, not bias. You SHOW bias towards something, but you are biasED.

Is it "use to" or "used to"? I really don't know but think it should be "use to"

:ols: could you imagine if we had these when we were 13?"

"Better yet, we have them when were 40!" :ols:

That said, Big trouble in little China is on almost all the time here, which is all well and good, because I love this movie, but it always makes me want to eat a hoagie.

There are no hoagies in the Caribbean.

you ever make the mistake of thinking you'll be able to fart off a dump when you're about to leave the house? I made that mistake this morning. Right after i sat in the car, I had the bowel bubbles. had a huge fart, and it went away. thought i was good.

about 5 minutes into my 25 minute commute, the cramps kicked in. Then the shivers came. It was torture. Barely made it to work.

Jack Burton: Well, ya see, I'm not saying that I've been everywhere and I've done everything, but I do know it's a pretty amazing planet we live on here, and a man would have to be some kind of FOOL to think we're alone in THIS universe.

Some guy thinks it's against "gym code" to hit on girls at the gym and I am telling him he needs to man up and do it

What say you

That's a great way to get carried...

Unless she immediately let's you know she likes you, I wouldn't do it, at least right away. Most of the really attractive women at the gym I go to are so into their worlouts that you'd better be ****ing Cassanova, and be able to come back from an immediate diss. Then again, all gyms are different. There are some gyms where women half ass it on the machines, or just flat out sit on them, and give you the impression that they're not really there to work out per se. I'd say that you'd be far more successful with them.

I like the ones that really get it in, and are serious once they hit the machines/weights/etc. I find that very attractive. I wouldn't even give them the impression that I find them attractive, but I'd try to be very sociable, and just engage them in conversation, probably about whatever it is they're doing, and why they signed up, etc etc. Pretty much say anything to keep my head from being bitten off.

Archived