Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

^:ols::ols::ols:

:munchout:

Bieber has about 2 years left before his career is over. Isn't he like 18 now? Pretty soon he'll be in pedo bear territory unless he finds a way to transition to the grown ass woman arena. Unfortunately, his voice sucks too much for that. Better rake in all that cash while you can, son.

Lots of girls my age like JB. It's weird.

Lots of girls my age like JB. It's weird.

Maybe from an "Awww, he's cute" standpoint. They probably don't take his music seriously. I'd think there is stark contrast between that and a 13-16 year old girl that is flat out mesmerized by everything about him, and wants to rip his clothes off.

EDIT, from a psychological standpoint, it is amazing that he can make so many35-40 year old heavy metal keyboard warriors so angry. Every time I go to youtube to listen to music I have to see a wall of comments about how he is destroying America and someone wants to enter his house at night and strangle him and his entire family. Lol

EDIT, from a psychological standpoint, it is amazing that he can make so many35-40 year old heavy metal keyboard warriors so angry. Every time I go to youtube to listen to music I have to see a wall of comments about how he is destroying America and someone wants to enter his house at night and strangle him and his entire family. Lol

I liked the Super Bowl commercial he did with Ozzy. :)

Difference is Timberlake is actually talented.

This is a ridiculous statement. You obviously know nothing about Justin Bieber. People love to hate on him, but he is talented. Watch his documentary. I dare you not to like him.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::

---------- Post added May-19th-2012 at 06:41 PM ----------

Actually, I just listened to his song Boyfriend. Pretty good. As far as strictly singing is concerned however, he isn't in Timberlakes league.

:rolleyes:

lame pic of a dude that I have no idea who it is and I don't get the reference

Bieber is very talented. The only reason people don't think he is is because they are too narrow minded to give him a chance. Most of his music is geared towards tweens, so people don't take him seriously. Like I said, people love to hate him. They hate him because it's the cool thing to do. It's cool to hate Justin Bieber. But, if you actually listened to him and checked out his documentary and opened up your mind a little bit, you would realize that he is very talented, and he has been from a young age. He has started his segue into more adult music, and has been working with hip hop artists and his popularity isn't going away anytime soon.

I don't hate him, more power to him. I just appreciate people who can sing. I liked the track on that song, as well as the presentation.

It all went to hell though, as soon as he started to sing...

1) I will observe that "He can't sing" is a really subjective evaluation.

I will observe that the notes from Fred Astair's first stage test was "Can't act. Can't sing. Can dance a little."

I will also observe that the fact that Mandy Patinkin is not regarded as the most talented vocalist in the world illustrates the fact that a lot of people are unable to judge talent.

2) I will also observe that I suspect that there are lots of "people who can't sing", who have had very successful careers as singers, and who are, I suspect, regarded as being very talented.

Johny Cash comes to mind.

So this video is from at least 3 years ago, so it is before his voice started to change and when he was just a kid. You can say you don't like his type of music or you don't like his hair or his style or his "kid" voice, but the kid's got talent. And he's only going to keep getting better.

And more recent:

2) I will also observe that I suspect that there are lots of "people who can't sing", who have had very successful careers as singers, and who are, I suspect, regarded as being very talented.

I agree wholeheartedly...

---------- Post added May-19th-2012 at 07:35 PM ----------

I'm glad he changed his hairstyle...

But, he CAN sing. He is not one of those Britney Spears electronic voices. Listen to his acoustic stuff. He has a great voice.

---------- Post added May-19th-2012 at 03:38 PM ----------

Bieber as a little kid before he got famous

He has zero resonation with his voice, and it cracks at times. He doesn't sound any different than your average kid using a karaoke machine.

What? Your average kid using a karaoke machine? So you think Usher took some average kid with some average voice under his wing?

Please stop posting vids of him "playing" guitar and calling him talented.

Seriously.

The guitar is not what I'm saying is making him talented. I'm trying to show him singing in an acoustic setting.

Read what I'm writing instead of assuming I'm discussing his guitar playing skills.

Seriously.

What? Your average kid using a karaoke machine? So you think Usher took some average kid with some average voice under his wing?

As if Usher is some kind of legendary artist.

What a joke.

We get it. You like the ****ty pop stuff. So go listen to it.

As if Usher is some kind of legendary artist.

What a joke.

I like listening to singers with good voices, whether it be pop, country, whatever. Sorry I don't appreciate heavy metal and screaming and calling THAT talent. I think THAT **** is a joke.

We have different music tastes. Who cares? I'm not trying to get people on to pop. I'm trying to say that bashing Bieber for not being talented is bull****.

He has zero resonation with his voice, and it cracks at times. He doesn't sound any different than your average kid using a karaoke machine.

I don't have the expertise to say exactly what it is about him, but this is kind of my impression of the videos posted, myself.

Now, I'll freely admit. There's lots of things that go into "I like it" or "I don't like it". Maybe if he was singing a song I liked, I'd like it.

When I was looking for the Super Bowl commercial, I got 15 seconds or so of "Little Drummer Boy", and that was pretty good.

But the three clips posted in this thread? Didn't do much for me.

(Which may well say more about me than about him. I dunno.)

I'll go find some more music I like. :)

---------- Post added May-19th-2012 at 07:54 PM ----------

And you don't.

Which does not entitle you to tell her to go away.

Archived