Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Have a 6 page paper to write on comparing the personality disorders of Richard III and Michael Corleone. I was super excited to write it, but I already have 5 pages and I'm still on the Richard parts...guess it's just gonna be on Richard for now.

Also, I'm only getting about a page done an hour because I can't freaking concentrate. I'm scared to be this happy of a DC fan...but it's ****ing awesome. Woooo OKE'FOAK'GOPKR'GPOKR'GOPKR'GOPKAROPK

In the future we'll all be spoiled by twitter before the TV announces the pick. The days of you sitting your butt in front of the TV and expecting a surprise are over. We sit in front of our computers now, we tweet, the way we pick up news is different. I'm aware it's a huge culture shock to many, especially on the other forum, but eventually you will have to deal with the stark reality. Twitter is the way you get news. Twitter breaks news. We live in an age of gadgets and social media. You're going to get the news before the TV now.

We were talking about that somewhere else, about how in HS I would go over to my friend's house on Saturday at noon and we'd just chill and watch the draft on ESPN.

I remember when Vick was drafted, we were playing football in a grassy field in Suburban Maryland, then we all went inside for pizza and saw Vick get drafted.

When Roger moved the draft to Thursday night, he ruined Saturday afternoons. Those were times to chill, sit back, and just enjoy the game. We didn't have twitter back then to ruin nothing. Just food and TV.

Ain't like that no more.

we were talking about that somewhere else, about how in hs i would go over to my friend's house on saturday at noon and we'd just chill and watch the draft on espn.

I remember when vick was drafted, we were playing football in a grassy field in suburban maryland, then we all went inside for pizza and saw vick get drafted.

When roger moved the draft to thursday night, he ruined saturday afternoons. Those were times to chill, sit back, and just enjoy the game. We didn't have twitter back then to ruin nothing. Just food and tv.

Ain't like that no more.

Get off my lawn!

Back in Virginia Tech, I'd watch the draft in my apartment then roll out to West End and watch on the big screen projector screens while enjoying some fine wings. Roger took so much when he moved the damn draft. So many good memories.

---------- Post added April-26th-2012 at 10:03 PM ----------

Animation15_medium.gif

Dunno, I don't really feel like sticking around after my team picks, not at night.

On Saturdays, I used to watch almost the entire draft (then again, that was back in high school, when I didn't have that many responsibilities. Draft day parties no longer make sense because everyone's gotta work. I honestly don't really care that much now.

Was anyone able to make out that chant that the crowd was making whenever Goodell took the podium? Sounded like the crowd was chanting "WHAT?" ala Stone Cold Steve Austin, before he announced the name of every pick. It was amusing in the beginning, but really started to get annoying towards the end.

Props to Skins fans (and everyone else) for booing the **** out o fhim though. :ols:

Archived