Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

7 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

I was on the Big Island in 2010. Took a helicopter tour of the island and it was spewing lava into the ocean back then, albeit not at this rate. We even took a foot tour of the park where the volcano is. 

Other islands are dormant.

I saw that stuff too. This is some other level. 

Dormant for now is what you mean. I'll skip it for a few years. 

I've always wanted to go to Tahiti anyway. All i'll need is some type of extra strong bug spray.  

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:41 PM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

My hangovers are lot more tolerable when caused by beer. 

All that partying you're doing these days and you ain't gettin' any snooter.  Disappoint.  <_<

30 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Cocaine? Wtf is snooter, speak English bama. 

Silly me.  Since you're not getting any snooter, how could I expect you to even know what it is.

And you need to put some respect on my ****in' name and be thankful. If I had worn a condom during that trip to Cali back in '97, you'd fade away like Marty in Back to the Future. 

tumblr_m6v046HDsA1rozk7ho3_500.gif

2 hours ago, Chew said:

Silly me.  Since you're not getting any snooter, how could I expect you to even know what it is.

And you need to put some respect on my ****in' name and be thankful. If I had worn a condom during that trip to Cali back in '97, you'd fade away like Marty in Back to the Future. 

How the **** did snooter become slang for ****. I’m convinced you just making words up. 

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Curious, how so?  Ready for a thread just on that besides all the political stuff.

Just having me think: if we ever get self aware truly sentient AI, do we treat them like humans? At first I was always in the "no way, they're machines, we built them, they're just plastic and computer code" but now, I'm not so sure. Its a complex issue. But right now I don't think humanity is at that point yet, not even close really.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Just having me think: if we ever get self aware truly sentient AI, do we treat them like humans? At first I was always in the "no way, they're machines, we built them, they're just plastic and computer code" but now, I'm not so sure. Its a complex issue. But right now I don't think humanity is at that point yet, not even close really.

I've been conflicted about this for a while, Westworld is hitting home on that in a way beyond even Blade Runner / Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep did.  Once they get to the point of being indistinguishable, you kinda have to give them rights.  Once they are treated equal, it won't take them long to realize they are superior (if they aren't already thinking it heading into it).  Why I hope we never go that route, but I feel like its inevitable.  We still have trouble with the "just because we can, does that mean we should?" part of our core being, we'll always be like that.

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

How do you identify self-aware truly sentient AI?

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Just having me think: if we ever get self aware truly sentient AI, do we treat them like humans?

It doesn't matter how you treat them. Eventually they will see how we treat each other, and make decisions and calculations based off of that, and our irrationality and xenophobic nature. Either way, humanity fails.

9 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It doesn't matter how you treat them. Eventually they will see how we treat each other, and make decisions and calculations based off of that, and our irrationality and xenophobic nature. Either way, humanity fails.

We're not gonna make it, are we?

Archived