Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

This post could go in the video games thread, but i need the entire ES universe to know.

Todd Howard of Bethesda games just announced that, after FOUR YEARS of development, they have literally made the most detailed video game that has ever existed.  No game has ever had the level of detail and depth that Fallout 4 will have.  

never had any idea they could do so much, even with the technology today.  can't ****ing believe this!  

I missed out on all the great RPGs besides Knights of the Old Republic (which I beat twice as a good guy character). Game was great, even though I wished the combat was more interactive. Fallout 3, Mass Effect...even old school games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy. Not one minute played.

That game looks boss. Always worried combat in RPGs is dictated by choosing attacks and letting the computer sort out the rest....like in Knights of the Old Republic. If there's interactive combat in that game I'd really consider making it the RPG I get when I eventually get current gen console.

We used to dream about **** getting this good 30 years ago. "Wouldn't it be nice if..." I kind of figured one day they'd get this far but wow.

Reminds me of a "That 70s Show" episode where the boys are playing Pong & saying, "Could anything be better than this?" :lol:

I missed out on all the great RPGs besides Knights of the Old Republic (which I beat twice as a good guy character). Game was great, even though I wished the combat was more interactive. Fallout 3, Mass Effect...even old school games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy. Not one minute played.

That game looks boss. Always worried combat in RPGs is dictated by choosing attacks and letting the computer sort out the rest....like in Knights of the Old Republic. If there's interactive combat in that game I'd really consider making it the RPG I get when I eventually get current gen console.

If it's like Fallout 3 it's pretty interactive.  You can flip through your weapons and aim freehand FPS style, or you can make use of this built-in targeting system they have that feels a little more RPGish.  The game essentially pauses for a moment and lays out your percentage chance to hit each section of the body based on the weapon you're using, the range, and your skill with that weapon, and you pick one to target.

I'm in a townhouse in Woodbridge that a cowboys fan is letting me stay in for the summer, and he's on a business trip right now. his friend who's having wife troubles is also staying here for the time being, and he couldn't find any batteries in the house. It's annoying.

Just yank out the battery. Not like you're planning on having a fire unless the beeping drives you insane and convinces you that burning down the house is the only solution.

I'm in a townhouse in Woodbridge that a cowboys fan is letting me stay in for the summer, and he's on a business trip right now. his friend who's having wife troubles is also staying here for the time being, and he couldn't find any batteries in the house. It's annoying.

Just a heads up, mine have always been 9-volt.  Good luck.  ;)

Take out the battery. If it's like my old apartment, that will still produce a periodic beep which is really annoying. I had to actually unplug the wire coming from the ceiling to the detector and take the top portion of it off to get it to stop. 

One week from tonight. LET'S GO!!! Vince and Colin have some big shoes to fill....

Taylor Kitsch...expect disappointment. 

I'm living in a place owned by a Cowboys fan. Burning the place down might be the only solution :P

As the cell door closes on Cooleyfan, facing a 2 year bid for arson, he looks at the camera and then starts spinning in circles like:

giphy.gif

Sickuvit, can't take it any longer. Took a half day, going to see Jurassic Park in 45 minutes. It's not so much that I want to see as....as i NEED IT as a movie gump. Let's go!!

We're in a meeting this morning and the lights flickered (mini power outages), when the lights came back on I dead panned, "Raptor cages are down". Got a decent chuckle from the attendees. 

Soon you will be able to grow your own T-1000.

More at link.

http://www.cnet.com/news/terminator-style-3d-printing-grows-objects-from-a-pool-of-liquid/

Let's talk about layers. Traditional 3D printing involves a machine stacking layers of material to create a 3D object. This takes time and leaves ripples showing where those layers were laid down. Now, imagine you could grow an object out of a pool of liquid, much like Robert Patrick emerging as the T-1000 from a puddle of liquid metal in "Terminator 2."

Startup Carbon3D stepped out of stealth mode this week to introduce a new way to 3D-print objects. The company's CLIP (Continuous Liquid Interface Production) technology uses a photosensitive resin that reacts to UV light and oxygen. This results in smooth 3D objects that appear to magically emerge from a pool of liquid as a machine draws them upwards.

Here's a more technical description:

"At the heart of the CLIP process is a special window that is transparent to light and permeable to oxygen, much like a contact lens. By controlling the oxygen flux through the window, CLIP creates a "dead zone" in the resin pool just tens of microns thick (about 2-3 diameters of a red blood cell) where photopolymerization cannot occur. As a series of cross-sectional images of a 3D model is played like a movie into the resin pool from underneath, the physical object emerges continuously from just above the dead zone."

But tell me, did the wind sweep you off your feet?

Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day

And head back to the Milky Way?

And tell me, did Venus blow your mind?

Was it everything you wanted to find?

And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?

Archived