Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I've been capitalizing on the semi-dead period in sports (at least for me, between the end of the NBA season and the start of NFL training camp) by watching movies that I've missed over the last year or two. So I popped in End Of Watch last night. I thought it was really good, and fresh. I don't think I've ever seen a cop movie from that perspective before. Really does capture how crazy your day could end up. You could literally be joking about something one minute, eating a sandwich, and going on a call where you face certain death the next minute, or even rolling up on someone for a routine traffic stop that could turn deadly. Literally anything can happen, depending on the area you're patrolling. Boston's Finest did a great job of conveying that to the audience as well.

I can't imagine what that's like. That has to be one hell of an adrenaline rush. I didn't like the ending though. I didn't think there was enough plot building/character development for that to happen the way it did. That may have been done intentionally, just for the "Realism" effect though.  I also think they could've made the movie a little longer as well. It seemed like certain parts of the movie were sped up a little. All in all, I thought it was fantastic. I loved Jake Gyllenhall's performance.

How the **** do you lose a red panda thing?

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Red-Panda-Missing-From-National-Zoo-212771261.html?partner=nbcnews

A red panda has gone missing from the National Zoo, zoo officials said Monday.

"Rusty" was last seen around 6 p.m .Sunday in his exhibit on the Asian Trail. Zoo officials say they've been combing trees in the area since 8 a.m. Monday in search of the male red panda. They add Rusty could be sick and hiding or someone could have taken him.

Probably 

Lot of the pandas if I remember correctly are endangered, including the black and white ones and the red ones. Not sure about that though. 

Just sitting here listening to full  Thelonious Monk albums on youtube. Youtube is great to kill time, people just post full television shows and music albums there.  :lol:

Futurama ... Pimparoo is a kangaroo who is also a notorious pimp in New New York. He was arrested along with a Hookerbot by Smitty and URL in 3013, but set free immediately after so that the two cops could pursue an illegal street race, led by Professor Farnsworth

YEAH! BLACKHAWKS! AWWWHHHAGGAHGSYGFYEGFTG#&FG#YG

Nothing against the Caps, but I've lived in NWI too long now not to get caught up in this. Started following them in 2010, totally bandwagoned it but that's how it goes sometimes. Getting destroyed in Phoenix last year was rough but the cup was well earned this year. Awesome team with an insane amount of depth. Can't wait to go to the parade on Wednesday, as I was stuck working on a research proposal tonight and couldn't go to the city.

I'm watching under the dome. My god this emo guy better die fast.

cool show so far, im definitely gonna watch it. yeah that emo dude is weird as hell, yikes.

and the supet hot latin chick from Detroit 187 is in it :)

I'm watching under the dome. My god this emo guy better die fast.

cool show so far, im definitely gonna watch it. yeah that emo dude is weird as hell, yikes.

and the supet hot latin chick from Detroit 187 is in it :)

I'm going to give a shot, not much stuff on public tv watch. I got the Spanish package and I'm tired of Spanish soap operas, but my god those women are ridiculous.

Archived