Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I can certainly understand the situation a lot of the young people are going through now with the inability to afford cable. I went without cable for most of my life until I went to undergrad at VT. After that, there were more years sans cable, until I finally got it this year, however it's only set up downstairs, so the setup in my room is basically an antenna. 

The best way to watch without cable is with an antenna , plus internet service. However, the antenna here is very spotty and I frequently get terrible signals, even though I live right outside DC. And the second there's any sign of light wind or rain, the signal breaks up. In addition, the internet here, despite being FiOS, frequently buffers, lags, and the feed looks bad on a 1080p monitor (although these issues are limited largely to FRS). At this point, it's worth the extra 10 bucks (or 60 to drill a new outlet) to get a stable signal that doesn't cut out every 5 seconds.

It should be noted that there is a revolution going on right now in terms of sports. This revolution is moving more and more games off network TV. Several events which used to be on OTA include the NCAA championship for both basketball and football, as well as Wimbledon (for tennis fans), and Monday night football.  With the arrival of Fox Sports 1, Fox plans to take most of their Saturday baseball games off free TV too. I think in the future that many major sporting events will end up on cable, and we'll all have to be subjected to the steep prices just to watch these events. 

I don't like the direction that sports are headed in terms of networks, but, unfortunately, this is the way the tide is turning. 

I'm at uc Davis campus. It's cool.

I'm probably going to live without cable for a while.

Whoa..you're just across the causeway from me right now.

Enjoy Davis...I hope you brought your bike!

BTW - if you haven't already, go get some Woodstocks pizza.

I'm transferring here. I hope I like it too. I had burgers and brew yesterday it was good.

Los Angeles is a dirty, traffic congested city. I don't get the appeal at all. Totally unimpressed. San Francisco is better.

Agreed.  And I've lived in LA for 13 years.

The closer you get to the beach the better.  I'm in Manhattan Beach.  Also, there are pockets of coolness, like Pasadena. 

I'm transferring here. I hope I like it too. I had burgers and brew yesterday it was good.

Where from? I've lived up here since 2001...so I'm biased (plus my wife is a Davis grad).

Also..make sure you try Dos Coyotes when your craving a burrito and or nachos. Damn, I'm hungry.

Los Angeles is a dirty, traffic congested city. I don't get the appeal at all. Totally unimpressed. San Francisco is better.

Agreed. San Fran is amazing.

Is it just me or has it rained a LOT here in the D.C. area this summer so far? Feels like at least every other day it's been raining.

Never been to San Francisco, but I agree about L.A. Wasn't impressed when I went a few years ago. Call it an east coast/home town bias, but D.C. is enough city for me.

Where from? I've lived up here since 2001...so I'm biased (plus my wife is a Davis grad).

Also..make sure you try Dos Coyotes when your craving a burrito and or nachos. Damn, I'm hungry.

From Bakersfield. You live in Davis? I'll try it next time, I am in town.

watched the 80s action flick "action bronson" with the wife last night. i noticed sharon stone in the opening credits, and i told the wife "i bet she shows her tits." sure enough, just 20 minutes into the movie, there they are. Sharon's funbags. Beautoful.

not that im complaining, but when thinking about it, are there any movies Sharon Stone.has been in where she DIDNT show us her bewbs? even in some cases she just gives us a quick PG-13 nip flash. either way, god bless Sharon Stone. :)

Hi everyone. If you have noticed that I haven't been around in awhile, no I'm not dead, but the offseason bores me so.

Has the number of people using ES at any given time dropped lately? I haven't posted in awhile and I noticed there were only like 12 members in the tailgate, with hundreds of guests.

Hi everyone. If you have noticed that I haven't been around in awhile, no I'm not dead, but the offseason bores me so.

Has the number of people using ES at any given time dropped lately? I haven't posted in awhile and I noticed there were only like 12 members in the tailgate, with hundreds of guests.

I know I have been utilizing the site much less frequently since the board change.  Still love the threads and conversations, but I find the site much harder to use, especially from my ipad.

Archived