Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Hi everyone. If you have noticed that I haven't been around in awhile, no I'm not dead, but the offseason bores me so.

Has the number of people using ES at any given time dropped lately? I haven't posted in awhile and I noticed there were only like 12 members in the tailgate, with hundreds of guests.

Feels like the board populaton has been cut in half since the change. I think part of it has to do with the fact that it's the dead period between end of OTA's and training camp (which may explain the Stadium) but the Tailgate especially seems unusually quiet. I remember back when on any given day during the week you'd see about 50-60 people viewing the Tailgate, but that number seems to have dipped into the 20's-30's now.

But I will say that in the last 2.5 years, I think a lot of regular posters have been banned, and a lot simply do not post anymore.

Any reccomendeations for a casual/stylish sneaker? I have Adidas Superstars right now and may just end up getting another pair but wanted to see if anyone had any better reccomendations. I was looking at the Nike Cortez as well. Thanks!

Good article about what Clinton Portis is doing now

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/22560019/portis-absorbed-punishment-for-a-living-but-now-lives-the-good-life

Despite that punishment. Portis was able to walk away from the game with limb and mind intact, which despite being one of the toughest people to ever play the game, is a minor miracle. Now, after those violent times on a football field, he spends his days with his kids or walking on a beach or just doing ... nothing. In all, he lives a normal life, with his health intact.

Made his money in his prime, then walked away. Good for him. 

He says he got a lot of concussions too, so hopefully his health is alright in the future. Seems fine 

He'll have issues sooner or later. He probably took 5-10 years off of his life playing the way he did while he was here.It's remarkable when you look back on his career and see that despite the crap that he played with here, constantly facing 8 man boxes, he still produced at a pro bowl level some of those years.

He'd have been a Hall Of Famer had he stayed in Denver,  playing at his natural weight of 205. His body simply could not take the pounding here, and he'll pay for it down the road.. I saw him take way too many shots for it not to be an issue maybe not now, but a few years down the road, when he's in his mid 30's

Best pizza in DC

Eater's last Open Thread asked readers, "What's the Best/Worst Pizza in D.C.?" Pizza is clearly something that people feel passionately about, with more than 100 commenters and tipline respondents weighing in. It's also not surprising that pizza is a divisive topic — several locations, including those appeared on both the "favorite' and "least favorite" lists.

Ledo's is the best.

I'm not a huge fan of Ledo's really. Their pizza is always real doughy and their sauce is too sweet. It's ok, but no better than Papa John's or Domino's.

At this point, I might consider licking a stack of crusty tiles than eating Papa Johns. The last few times I had it, it was not good. At all. Tasted like hospital pizza.

I'll kill some Ledos

I had some Dominos a few months ago. Their pan pizza was amazing. A lot better than anything I've ordered in the past. 

Those are some good non-chain joints though. There is a Matchbox on Rockville Pike but I always drive by it. 

All I know is that right now, Dominos has the best Pizza out of all the big pizza chains in the country. When they reinvented themselves it was over. The only thing they were missing was some Pan Pizza like Pizza Hut. When they came out with that, it was over.

I second this. Love the new and improved Dominos. Only thing is, there really isn't one close to me, so I rarely order from them.

I don't hate Papa Johns, but I hate how when you order one with sausage, the sausage doesn't look done. Might just be, but I prefer my pizza to be a little overcooked, than under. A lot of chains don't cook theirs long enough, imo.

My only problem with Ledo's is that there needs to be more pepperoni on their Pepperoni pizza. That and the fact that it's so damn good that I can probably eat an enitre large pizza by myself lol

.Yeah I have to watch myself as well. It's real easy to lose control after 3-4 squares.

I'm sure some of "you people" already know this, from the way you're talking about crappy pizza, but google the word "gay" and see what happens.

woman lost her baby. you're about to cross some lines

I think you know who you are.

Archived