Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I just quit watching mainstream sports media. No point anymore. 

You find that the experience is much more enjoyable when you just watch games, and not have to worry about the talk shows/talk radio, which only serve to agitate at this point.

I actually stopped watching Sunday NFL Countdown last year, which was a show that I had been watching literally forever, because someone decided that it was a good idea to have a 3 hr pregame show. 2 hours was plenty long enough.

Someone mentioned this earlier, but for me, the only pregame show worth watching is Fantasy Football Now. Let's me know who's not playing, possible sleepers, and helps me decide on who to start when I'm torn.

Sunday NFL Countdown and Gameday Morning are painful to watch. I mean what can you possibly talk about for 3-4 hours before the games? Especially because they pretty much go over all the big game stuff during the week.

I just quit watching mainstream sports media. No point anymore. 

You find that the experience is much more enjoyable when you just watch games, and not have to worry about the talk shows/talk radio, which only serve to agitate at this point.

I actually stopped watching Sunday NFL Countdown last year, which was a show that I had been watching literally forever, because someone decided that it was a good idea to have a 3 hr pregame show. 2 hours was plenty long enough.

Someone mentioned this earlier, but for me, the only pregame show worth watching is Fantasy Football Now. Let's me know who's not playing, possible sleepers, and helps me decide on who to start when I'm torn.

Sunday NFL Countdown and Gameday Morning are painful to watch. I mean what can you possibly talk about for 3-4 hours before the games? Especially because they pretty much go over all the big game stuff during the week.

Here is what it basically is:

Show comes on at 10. Everyone exchanges pleasantries, and gives their 2 cents on the biggest storylines that week.

Then they'll go straight to the money games, discussing how it will be playing out, discussing everything but the score, which they save for later.

Then they'll bring in Schefter/Mort for any up to the minute breaking news.

After that, they'll do their field checks (or whatever it's called) with their reporters that they have stationed at every game.

Then comes the special player stories/one on one interviews/Kenny Mayne comedy stuff.

When they're through with all of that, pretty much everything gets rehashed (but presented from a different perspective), aside from the Fantasy football notifications. They could do all of that in an hour, but they drag it out to 2-3 hours, to the point where it's like watching paint dry. Feels like almost half of that time is devoted to commercials (which are almost completely ruining the game for people at this point).

A random bit of advice:

If you are ever cooking with hot peppers...please, for the love of god, wear latex gloves. Or if you don't have any, wash your hands after handling the peppers. Then wash them again, and again. And then one more time. Scrub them thoroughly.

This is important no matter what you have planned for later that evening, but if you anticipate sexual relations, it is absolutely imperative. Don't ask me how I know.

A random bit of advice:

If you are ever cooking with hot peppers...please, for the love of god, wear latex gloves. Or if you don't have any, wash your hands after handling the peppers. Then wash them again, and again. And then one more time. Scrub them thoroughly.

This is important no matter what you have planned for later that evening, but if you anticipate sexual relations, it is absolutely imperative. Don't ask me how I know.

Lol I was chopping up jalapenos with my wife one night. I made fun of her because she touched her nose and it was burning. I thought I had gotten everything off my hands and just touched under my eye, not really even close to my eye. Holy crap that stuff burned. The worst part was I had to get my contact out. Horrible pain.

as if i needed any more reason to be annoyed by michael wilbon:

"the word Redskin is the same as using the n-word." as a black dude myself...MY GOD MICHAEL, STFU.

Bomani Jones bald headed ass too

Anyway, want to be serious for a moment and remember the great Howie Schwab of Stump the Schwab. ESPN let him go today. He was a legend at ESPN. One of the most smartest guys up on ESPN. Sad to see him laid off today. 

Hopefully he lands on his feet, he was always a good man. 

Anyway, want to be serious for a moment and remember the great Howie Schwab of Stump the Schwab. ESPN let him go today. He was a legend at ESPN. One of the most smartest guys up on ESPN. Sad to see him laid off today. 

Hopefully he lands on his feet, he was always a good man. 

Man that is so lame. Dude was a beast. I used to love Stump the Schwab.

So glad the Blackhwaks pulled of the win last night. I went to sleep pissed off thinking about how many chances they had to score. Woke up this morning feeling good that they were finally able to take advantage of those opportunities.

I finally watched A Haunted House last night. It's been a long time since I've laughed that hard  :lol:. That movie was hilarious.

Aaand i just saw the rating on IMDB (4.8) which reminds me that some people just have no clue of what they are supposed to expect from any particular movie genre. This was a comedy... A comedy that was very funny (I just checked Grown Ups. and it has a score of 5.8, which registers a 9.0 on my WTF scale, which is fairly average, but completely ridiculous when you consider how blatantly dull and unfunny it was compared to A Haunted House)

The only weird part about the movie, was the Saints Row The Third posters that they kept showing in some of the scenes.

Ordered about $350 worth of Redskins gear from fanatics.com.  Just checked the tracking #, package should arrive today.

I got this coming to me..I know it's not authentic, but I love the Mitchell and Ness stuff. Plus it's Riggo for $56 (plus s&h)!

http://www.mitchellandness.com/Products/Washington-Redskins-1983-John-Riggins-Replica-Jersey__7340-210-83YDA.aspx

7340_210_83YDA_1_M.jpg

well....this has been truly testing time.  I lose my fraud analyst job. Now my mom (HR manager) had it out with the HR VP because the other ones are stabbing her in the back  and the VP didn't put her foot down.  No, she took the side of the ones stabbing her because she personally hired one of them. Her own analysts (Without her blessing as Talent manager they wouldn't have been hired full time) joined the VP.  The one who triggered it was just load down jack off who had been there a month and challenged her every second.  My mom worked there 4 years and hired half the company and most of the HR group.  So she's quiting.  The VP wouldn't even hear my mom out on this person constantly questioning her authority and challenging her because she hired the *****.  She just waved her hand like I don't wanna hear it. Unbelievable.  My mom and I both out of our jobs within 2 months of each other.

Yoga pants are simply amazing. They are the only kind of pants where virtually every woman who wears them (even a woman with barely little backside) can look sexy (even if all you can see is the crevice that separates the two cheeks). Women like J-Lo couldn't hide their ass even if they wore a deep diving suit (then when you factor in yoga pants along with that, it would put me in a coma). Now that truly is a quality trait.

Archived