Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

When it comes to fan media,, Major League Baseball has the NFl beat nine ways to Sunday.

Their website is better.. NFL.com always gives me problems, parts of it don't load right, other parts load slowly, their videos rarely seem to work as they're supposed to. MLB is easy to navigate, not a ton of annoying sliding menus, no need to wait for queries while stats compile..

~Bang

NFL.com is so bad, I rarely go there unless I REALLY have to.

Because I'm not a Tebow, Pats, Yankees, or BoSox fan...I have no reason to ever watch ESPN again.

Hell they barely talk baseball. Right now it's all LeBron/Heat and now Tebow. For baseball highlights and news, I just watch MLB Network.

Because I'm not a Tebow, Pats, Yankees, or BoSox fan...I have no reason to ever watch ESPN again.

Hell they barely talk baseball. Right now it's all LeBron/Heat and now Tebow. For baseball highlights and news, I just watch MLB Network.

Whatever happens with ESPN in the future, I think the Tebow phenomenon will be looked at years down the road as the turning point. They're also starting to lose a lot of their talent, and are becoming more and more of a clown show as the days/weeks/months go by. I rarely watch SC anymore, but when I do, I have no idea who those people are.

They were most watchable imp between the late 90's-2003, but started to get increasingly annoying in  '06, once they got MNF, and started those dumb "Who's Now" segments, along with turning Cold Pizza into First Take, where it was  a pretty damn good show where Woody Paige and Skip Bayless debated each other, and then got turned into "Skip and his giant ego take on all comers!!!!". 

Then it got twice as annoying when Screamin A Smith joined the cast. I'm pretty sure they're the main reason why Jay Crawford and Dana Jacobson left that show.

And the overanalysis from game to game regardless of sport, is spine crippling right now. 

Whatever happens with ESPN in the future, I think the Tebow phenomenon will be looked at years down the road as the turning point. They're also starting to lose a lot of their talent, and are becoming more and more of a clown show as the days/weeks/months go by. I rarely watch SC anymore, but when I do, I have no idea who those people are.

They were most watchable imp between the late 90's-2003, but started to get increasingly annoying in  '06, once they got MNF, and started those dumb "Who's Now" segments, along with turning Cold Pizza into First Take, where it was  a pretty damn good show where Woody Paige and Skip Bayless debated each other, and then got turned into "Skip and his giant ego take on all comers!!!!". 

Then it got twice as annoying when Screamin A Smith joined the cast. I'm pretty sure they're the main reason why Jay Crawford and Dana Jacobson left that show.

And the overanalysis from game to game regardless of sport, is spine crippling right now. 

Agree with everything you said. SC used to be really good. I watched every morning before school/class started from HS to College. But they're all-in on this stupid debate stuff, that now everything has to be an argument.

Another thing that is annoying is their NFL coverage. You would think it's the only sport in town. Yes I know it's king, but right now there is nothing happening in the NFL. Talk more about baseball and the NHL playoffs. I really don't care about Tebow, Romo, Gronk, etc. right now. Sure RG3 news is good every now and then, but even that gets annoying. I start paying attention to football news in August.

Plus, how many damn NFL analysts do they need? I feel like any former NFL player now works for ESPN. I don't need 30 different people telling me the same thing. Just have a few good analysts on there that know the came and offer good points.

More ESPN/Tebow love: http://deadspin.com/espn-mentioned-tim-tebow-137-times-in-120-minutes-512618294

The Worldwide Leader has really outdone itself.

Last time we did one of these, we counted all of 88 Tebow mentions on ESPN. And that was on a SportsCenter episode dedicated to the then-Broncos quarterback. Here's every mention on Tebow's name on the ESPN networks between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern time yesterday; the number tallies 137, and likely would have been far more if ESPN's 5 p.m. block weren't pre-programmed.

Agree with everything you said. SC used to be really good. I watched every morning before school/class started from HS to College. But they're all-in on this stupid debate stuff, that now everything has to be an argument.

Another thing that is annoying is their NFL coverage. You would think it's the only sport in town. Yes I know it's king, but right now there is nothing happening in the NFL. Talk more about baseball and the NHL playoffs. I really don't care about Tebow, Romo, Gronk, etc. right now. Sure RG3 news is good every now and then, but even that gets annoying. I start paying attention to football news in August.

Plus, how many damn NFL analysts do they need? I feel like any former NFL player now works for ESPN. I don't need 30 different people telling me the same thing. Just have a few good analysts on there that know the came and offer good points.

Since '06, they've whored themselves to the NFL. They basically admit it. You could go months , having different NFL analysts every show, and there would be a different cat every time. I am not joking. They must have at least 50 analysts. Meanwhile they have like one NHL analyst (Barry Melrose) and besides Baseball Tonight, they basically spend about 5 minutes on MLB, 30 seconds on NASCAR, hardly any talk about tennis, no boxing, etc.

They simply do no not care about their content, at all. It's all ratings, and it's going to bite them in the ass eventually, because I think there's a little friction developing there between the people who really want to talk/report on sports intelligently, and the people who want to be stars. I think that's the main reason why Gottlieb left. They are eventually not going to have the "personalities" to match their substance.

I used to say that NFL Network was where it's at, but even they are annoying now.

I just quit watching mainstream sports media. No point anymore. 

You find that the experience is much more enjoyable when you just watch games, and not have to worry about the talk shows/talk radio, which only serve to agitate at this point.

I actually stopped watching Sunday NFL Countdown last year, which was a show that I had been watching literally forever, because someone decided that it was a good idea to have a 3 hr pregame show. 2 hours was plenty long enough.

yeah, they pretty much all suck.  I stopped watching pre-game shows altogether the last few years.  usually just turn to the Redskins game channel about 10 minutes before kickoff.  except for Monday night of course, I love the Ron Jawarski breakdown segments and the Gruden sit downs with RG3  :)

the only show that i watch now religiously still is nfl playbook.  

Ahh I remember that show. That and ESPN NFL Matchup were awesome shows.

actually that still comes on nfl network. they do a nfc and afc version and they analyze every game

actually that still comes on nfl network. they do a nfc and afc version and they analyze every game

I think they both still come on (NFL Matchup would come on early as hell Sunday mornings) but I typically just don't have the time anymore, or I'm asleep when it's on.

I think they both still come on (NFL Matchup would come on early as hell Sunday mornings) but I typically just don't have the time anymore, or I'm asleep when it's on.

DVR baby!

Ok this isn't out of left field but rather from a portal to another dimension that just happens to be somewhere out in left field, maybe our friends in the UK can explain this...

http://duckandwaffle.com/

Check out the menu, their signature dish is just that, duck & waffle, a duck confit (which is salt-cured duck legs cooked in their own fat) on a waffle with mustard maple syrup.............. I swear I thought this was some retro Python gag, a la Crunchy Frog.

And then follow that up with a meat donut made with ox tail, garnished with a paprika/sugar mix and served with apricot jam.

They didn't say whether or not they supplied the stomach pump

I love fried food. Noticed this while looking through news articles today. There's a lot of good fried chicken here in the DC area. 

http://blog.zagat.com/2013/06/10-crave-worthy-fried-chicken-dishes.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zagat+%28Zagat+Buzz%29&utm_content=Netvibes

Fried chicken is on the front burner at eateries all over town. Hot new destinations are dedicating themselves to satisfying our voracious appetites for this specialty. Meanwhile chefs at popular dining spots are slinging crusty yard birds with Southern, French, Korean and Latin accents. Check out what foodies are clucking about in the slide show.

foundingfarmers_fried_chicken2.jpg

ovalroom_fried_chickenlunch2.jpg

Archived