Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I just had a "Moment" with a squirrel.

Mickalino

Oh yah, I almost forgot the wild turkeys that used to appear all the time at my old house. I posted a picture in this thread. http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76138&page=8&pp=15&highlight=turkeys Look at the one flying over my old garage... it looks like a bowling ball with wings. LOL

There is a whole flock of turkeys in my new neighborhood as well. We used to see them every night at dusk during the summer when we went for walks. There must have been 50 of them, and they'll let you get about 20 feet away before they get spooked.

Never had a close encounter with a squirrel, but a bird did fly into my house once...

.....cats have extremely quick reflexes. And apparently just like catching stuff, not necesarily eating it.

As soon as I took it outside (I thought for sure it was dead) and as I was about to dump it on the ground somewhere, it just flew out of my hands like nothing happened.

Isn't Art our squirrel expert?

I remember something about squirrels and Minnesota or something close to when I first joined...

(I couldn't find it doing a search but I did find this gem....http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7428&page=1&pp=15&highlight=squirrel lol, I wonder where Cooter and Qcard are now)

OMG I'm dying here. :laugh:

I remember when I was in Law School, we had this **** of a raccoon that used to knock over our trash can and spread the garbage all over our lawn.

Every damn night.

So one night, I hear the can clang, and I jump up and run out there yelling. That big fat **** just stared at me for aabout 3 seconds, then turned back to his chicken pot pie feast. So I ran into the house and got a broom, and went back out. He saunders away, but only under the car in the driveway. He's gonna wait me out. So I start poking the broom under the back of the car, but he just moves away a little out of reach by the front tires. I'm getting really pissed. I get down on my stomach and start to squeeze under the car to reach further and swat at him. Big mistake. Suddenly I'm kind of stuck under the car and he is past the head of the broom and moving towards me, hissing.

Yep, B*i*t*c*h set me up.

I drop the broom and wrench myself out of there and try to jump to my feet, so of course I crack my skull on the tow hitch on the back of the car. I'm hopping around clutching my head (with its rapidly growing egg) and I'm howling and my roommates are looking out the front windown of the house laughing their asses off.... and I then I remember the raccoon. I'm unarmed! I look around frantically.

Yeah, he's over on the grass eating his chicken pot pie.

My parents have this big wooded backyard, so one summer i was home from college chillin on the back porch with 2 buddies. This is pretty late, so its dark. We've had a few. All of a sudden, i see 2 dark red eyes staring at me from about 15 yards away. They were just two red spots, but i could tell they were eyes. I thought it was the goddamn devil. Anyways, i dont say anything, and we continue just hanging out. Coupla minutes later, same thing, different place. 2 dark red eyes staring at me from across the yard. Im like WTF, this is creepy. Im getting freaked out, and try to explain it to my buddies who are clueless, but took full advantage of my nonsensical whispering to clown me mercilessly.

Like a week later, my parents are like, oh yeah, we have an albino squirrel that lives in the backyard. Im like, ****, i just got clowned over a frickin' squirrel. Ever since then, me and Casper the albino squirrel have been mortal enemies.

I remember when I was in Law School, we had this **** of a raccoon that used to knock over our trash can and spread the garbage all over our lawn.

Every damn night.

So one night, I hear the can clang, and I jump up and run out there yelling. That big fat **** just stared at me for aabout 3 seconds, then turned back to his chicken pot pie feast. So I ran into the house and got a broom, and went back out. He saunders away, but only under the car in the driveway. He's gonna wait me out. So I start poking the broom under the back of the car, but he just moves away a little out of reach by the front tires. I'm getting really pissed. I get down on my stomach and start to squeeze under the car to reach further and swat at him. Big mistake. Suddenly I'm kind of stuck under the car and he is past the head of the broom and moving towards me, hissing.

I drop the broom and wrench myself out of there and try to jump to my feet, so of course I crack my skull on the tow hitch on the back of the car. I'm hopping around clutching my head (with its rapidly growing egg) and I'm howling and my roommates are looking out the front windown of the house laughing their asses off.... and I then I remember the raccoon. I'm unarmed! I look around frantically.

:rotflmao: That's a great story! :applause: :laugh: :laugh:

Every damn night.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What a great thread this is!

Oh man, this reminds me of an awesome story.

It was probably my first week here in Gainesville, and my buddies and I were walking down the street, towards a head shop to buy some salvia (don't ask, crazy ****). We get to this head shop, and it's closed. Then we see this squirrel climbing up a brick column next to the shop. Suddenly, the squirrel starts convulsing uncontrollably, and jumps from the column into a wall, and it hits hard. The squirrel falls to the ground, bounces, lands, shakes a couple more times, and then just straight up dies.

And that was the night I saw a squirrel go crazy and commit suicide.

Ok... not quite the same thing..but anyways. So im driving around town and i stop at the stoplight. So... bored as i am i take a look around at the surroundings. And on the sidewalk to the left of me are 2 dead blackbirds. They are flat on the ground. So i look up at the power lines and there are a few blackbirds just perching up there.

Then one of them gives me the look. You know the look. That look thats says what the hell are you looking at. So after a few seconds of staring at each other ( which seemed like an eternity)... that bird jumps off the powerlines. Another bird chases after it..... straight into the ground. I was shocked. They didnt get up. 4 birds dead on the gound.

So the question is... am i to blame for the birds' suicide. Was it my stare. I know i have a bad-ass type look. But to kill yourself over it... thats deep

Squirrels are evil animals. My buddy used to live in a town house that had a tree over hang it. The Squirrels would take the tree to the roof and drop things off the room on my buddy while he was outside smoking a cig. And I'm not talking about nuts and sticks that fall off trees, I mean those little ****s were throwing rocks and other painful items.

Probably just thought he was smoking their stash...

We had a cat when I was growing up that took out birds, rats, mice and even a few small dogs. The squirrles seemed to love seeing how close they could get without getting caught, she caught only one and that's cause it got too close.

I was walking along a quiet secluded beach in the Caribbean listening to music on my mp3 player when I suddenly became aware of a presence at my side. I looked down to see a medium-sized dog snarling viciously at me.

So I snarled back and shouted at it, hoping to scare it away. Part way through my snarl I noticed the dogs companion standing next to it - a fiercer snarling german shepherd dog. At this point I gave up on the snarling back thing and began to retreat backwards into the ocean where I thought I would be a little less vulnerable to an attack from these mad hounds. Whilst backing up I lost my footing and fell backwards into the water (mp3 player destroyed) and went under for a second.

As I rose to my feet both dogs looked at me, then looked at each other and I'm sure they nodded as though to say "Job done - and don't come back" just before they turned away and disappeared back into the trees.

Needles to say I got outta there asap and haven't been back to that part of the beach since.

wow...what a great thread.

at william and mary...i saw a squirrrel fall out a tree. it was screaming like a person. everyone stopped and looked when they heard, "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah". :laugh: (squirrel lived)

at buckroe beach i was eating a sandwich while talking to some chicks. as i was waving the sandwich around while i talked, a seagull snatched it out my hand and landed not far from me. most of its body was facing away from me as it stood over the sandwich then then turned around slowly with a, "WHAT YOU WANNA DO *****?" look on its face. i knew i was punked so i just laughed it off and cried on the inside.

At this point I gave up on the snarling back thing and began to retreat backwards into the ocean where I thought I would be a little less vulnerable to an attack from these mad hounds.

You DO realize that, you're not even safe from dogs in the water, as they could have done the dog paddle towards you ? ;)

Last school year, I was sitting in my dorm room playing some Madden and out of the corner of my eye, I see something flying at a pretty good speed toward my window. Some crazy ass duck flew almost full speed into my window. Some how it survived and was so shocked that the second I looked out the window that duck must have been flying in the other direction about 30+ yards away.

I have a squirrel story that is a little weirder. I was in a soccer camp that was a week long. I walked by one of the coaches that coached my group and he was kind of in a daze looking into the woods. I had no clue why. About 5-10 minutes later I had to go back that direction and all of a sudden, I heard my coach say "good Squirrelly." I guess the guy had a connection with that squirrel.

There's these squirrels that are constantly running around my patio, and the trees that grow out of it. They're always humping and doing all sorts of stuff. Anyway, one day, I noticed I heard some rustling inside my walls, so I'm like, "Oh ****, you mean they've somehow gotten inside the inside of my home and into my walls ?!?".

So I look outside and realize they're running inside that hole that connects to the vent hose from the clothes dryer. And with the rustling noises I hear, it sounds like they're building some kind of nest inside the house (if squirrels actually do that). So now I'm really pissed. I go out there and grab the garden hose and before I start spraying, I see one of the squirrels peek out of the hole. So I start gushing the water at him. I'm probably not accomplishing anything, and I might even be doing harm to the hose fixture, but alas, this is my revenge against the intrusive squirrel.

So I walk inside for a second, then I see him run out of the hole and back onto the patio. I run outside to scare him away, and he jumps onto a tree, then goes around to the opposite side of the tree, to where I can't see him. THEN, this is the eerie part, instead of taking off, far away from me, he briefly comes around the tree, while still ON the tree, then peeks around the corner, and just gives me this ICY stare, before taking off again. It was the wierdest moment I ever had with an animal. There was something telepathic going on there. It was his moment to say, "I'll be back for you." The thing that got me is the squirrel went OUT OF HIS WAY to come back and stare at me like that.

Anyone ever had a strange "moment" with an animal, where you exchanged icy glances like that, and there was some kind of message being conveyed ?

is your name jimmy carter, perhaps?

killer rabbits and killer squirrels... that is what gun control will get you

At the Baltimore aquarium, I had a huge moment with a shark. My finacee' (my wife now) and I were walking down the ramp to the shark tank. As we're walking down looking at the tank, a shark is swimming the opposite direction. As it reaches a position directly accross from us, it stops and turns 90 degrees and stares at me. I stop walking for a moment. It seems to be staring at me, but what are the odds? So we continue down. The shark starts moving sideways along with us staring at me the whole way. Now everyone notices what is happening. We get to the bottom of the ramp and stop and the shark stops. I wait there for 10 seconds, then it slowy turns in the direction it was originally swimming and swims slowly away. It was very eerie, and everybody was laughing at it. I've had this same experience in an aquarium here in TX. I always think about that when I'm swimming at Ocean City or in the Gulf.

Archived