Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I just had a "Moment" with a squirrel.

Mickalino

Mick... I guess I just cornered the little fooker and he felt there was no where to run. He kind of backed himself into a corner and I put my hands out real wide in an attempt to show him there was no where to run. As my hand got closer to him... he started making this real evil screeching sound.... which proceeded to get louder and louder as I got my hand around him. After that... he quit.... didn't make a sound.... just stared at me as I carried him to the garage. Maybe he was having little squirrel life flashbacks or something... thinking he had meant his untimely doom. :laugh:

After we put the mesh over the dryer vent... we never had trouble with them again. I did, however, find a few very small picket signs outside the patio door.... one read "You're a fool...squirrel's rule!!"

I'm stunned that you didnt get clawed to death. I've never picked up a squirrel, but something tells me that they have very sharp claws, and would use them frantically if they feel their life is in danger.

Mick... I guess I just cornered the little fooker and he felt there was no where to run. He kind of backed himself into a corner and I put my hands out real wide in an attempt to show him there was no where to run. As my hand got closer to him... he started making this real evil screeching sound.... which proceeded to get louder and louder as I got my hand around him. After that... he quit.... didn't make a sound.... just stared at me as I carried him to the garage. Maybe he was having little squirrel life flashbacks or something... thinking he had meant his untimely doom. :laugh:

After we put the mesh over the dryer vent... we never had trouble with them again. I did, however, find a few very small picket signs outside the patio door.... one read "You're a fool...squirrel's rule!!"

I'm stunned that you didnt get clawed to death. I've never picked up a squirrel, but something tells me that they have very sharp claws, and would use them frantically if they feel their life is in danger.

I'm stunned that you didnt get clawed to death. I've never picked up a squirrel, but something tells me that they have very sharp claws, and would use them frantically if they feel their life is in danger

• 2 weeks later...
There's these squirrels that are constantly running around my patio, and the trees that grow out of it. They're always humping and doing all sorts of stuff. Anyway, one day, I noticed I heard some rustling inside my walls, so I'm like, "Oh ****, you mean they've somehow gotten inside the inside of my home and into my walls ?!?".

So I look outside and realize they're running inside that hole that connects to the vent hose from the clothes dryer. And with the rustling noises I hear, it sounds like they're building some kind of nest inside the house (if squirrels actually do that). So now I'm really pissed. I go out there and grab the garden hose and before I start spraying, I see one of the squirrels peek out of the hole. So I start gushing the water at him. I'm probably not accomplishing anything, and I might even be doing harm to the hose fixture, but alas, this is my revenge against the intrusive squirrel.

So I walk inside for a second, then I see him run out of the hole and back onto the patio. I run outside to scare him away, and he jumps onto a tree, then goes around to the opposite side of the tree, to where I can't see him. THEN, this is the eerie part, instead of taking off, far away from me, he briefly comes around the tree, while still ON the tree, then peeks around the corner, and just gives me this ICY stare, before taking off again. It was the wierdest moment I ever had with an animal. There was something telepathic going on there. It was his moment to say, "I'll be back for you." The thing that got me is the squirrel went OUT OF HIS WAY to come back and stare at me like that.

Anyone ever had a strange "moment" with an animal, where you exchanged icy glances like that, and there was some kind of message being conveyed ?

dude, you are tripping balls

3354.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hope you got a handle on those squirrels; be careful while you're driving. :)

Squirrel causes crash

Mar 14, 2006 —

A squirrel caused a four-car fender bender in Adams County over the weekend.

According to state police reports, a driver stopped shortly before 3:30 p.m. Sunday on Route 116 in Mount Pleasant Township to avoid hitting a squirrel.

The first car, a 1994 Ford Taurus, was rear-ended by a second car, a 2001 Toyota. The Toyota was then hit by a 1995 Dodge Intrepid, which was then hit by another car.

If you really want to have a "moment" with a squirrel try feeding the poor ****s.

BTW - this squirel didn't give you an icy stare, it gave you the "wtf got into this guy" look. They are easy to confuse.

My grandparents had a family of squirrels that generation after generation would take food from your hand. But they were cute, so no 'eerie' moments with them.

Make all the fun you want to, those *^&$@#! tree rats are a pain! I don't know how they didn't make it into the Most Overrated thread. They may be all cute in Disney cartoons, etc., but once they get in they raise 14 kinds of hell and are too stupid to take a hint if you just try and "shoo" them away. You should try Google for some tasty squirrel recipes Mick

Ok, I have not read one post in this thread but I will have to remember to nominate the thread title as the best of the year!!!

Now, I will go and read what the hell happened with you and a squirrel......too funny!

Ok' date=' I have not read one post in this thread but I will have to remember to nominate the thread title as the best of the year!!!

Now, I will go and read what the hell happened with you and a squirrel......too funny![/quote']

Man Bugs, you're freaking me out. I swear I clicked on this thread to post the below:

I refuse to read any posts in this thread....the title is just TOO perfect, and I don't want to experience a let-down if it doesn't live up to my expectations. Classic :laugh:

Now thats weird.

The squirells by our house seem to know that we have two cats, and that they go completely bonkers when they are on our deck, so they always seem to go out of their way to come up to the door.... dance around for awhile and continue on to what they were doing (mostly raiding the bird feeder of our next door neighbors)

• 2 weeks later...

Another crazy squirrel:

Squirrel antics cost student money

March 28, 2006

I am writing in regard to the squirrel cartoon in yesterday’s newspaper. After what happened to me, I really believe the squirrels here are crazy.

Yesterday my girlfriend was coming up to my room in Louise Garig, so, like I have the entire year, I threw my Tiger card to her out my third story window. The card landed about 10 feet away from her (I must admit it was a bad throw), and she went to pick the card up.

Suddenly she heard a strange chirping sound, and as she was looking to see what was making the sound, a squirrel darted from behind a tree, grabbed the card and ran all the way up the pine tree with it.

I witnessed all of this from my third story window. I was as surprised as I was ticked off. I looked today to see if the squirrel had dropped the card, but nothing was there.

Thanks to that squirrel, today I had to spend $15 on a new card. I hope this story is a word of warning to everyone about the LSU squirrels.

Greg Joubert

Freshman

Industrial Engineering

What's even crazier is the follow-up:

Squirrels: our most deadly foe

Ryan Merryman

March 31, 2006

I write this column as a man who fears for his life. I am living, at this point, in bowel-shaking, unremitting horror at the terror before our very eyes on our campus. As Opinion Editor, I have received letters that have upset, outraged or tripped my gag reflex — and sometimes all three. The letter I am reprinting below, however, is perhaps the most horrifying letter of them all.

“I am Skwelthor, Lord of the Squirrels. Pay heed, you pathetic humans, for this warning may save your lives. We have recently acquired the card of identification of the one you call Greg Joubert. Do not make light of our evil scheme! At first, we were going to use this card of identification to purchase meals at the Union of Students, but she who is called Tasha Rainwater has given me a better idea. Our plan is to use the card of identification to purchase a gun from a shady gun store along with some beer and cigarettes. We will use this gun to extract wallets and valuables from students as well as their beer and cigarettes. I have run my plan by the Squirrel Council, and it will soon commence. Rise, Squirrel Nation!”

The letter is signed, Lord Skwelthor, general studies sophomore.

I know not what course others may take, but I believe this is more terrible than the relocation of the entire Arkansas population to Baton Rouge, albeit with more teeth. I am, and you should be as well, afraid.

The history of the squirrels’ war on humanity, at least on this campus, is a dark and bloody untold history that few know. For example, were you aware that Squirrels created the “Evo Devo” slogan? I didn’t think so.

Their reign of terror stretches much further back than this. It was a squirrel that assassinated Huey Long, not the unfortunate Dr. Weiss, who was merely presenting the senator with a commemorative chocolate revolver.

Squirrels have been instrumental in all LSU football defeats by chewing up the field before games and biting players. This, thankfully, has been arrested of late by the University’s large, and quite hungry, feral cat population. But every now and then, one obviously gets by.

You know who removed the green stone named George in front of the Paul M. Hebert Law Center? You guessed it, facility services workers. The squirrels, however, managed to play a significant behind-the-scenes role in forming the CCCC. Much like the terrorists, they hate us for our freedom.

I did a little research into this present-day furry terror network. Its leader, Lord Skwelthor, is the infamous and elusive albino squirrel who lives by the library. Long considered the product of over-active imaginations, or at least two hits of LSD, I have personally seen this elusive beast. He is large yet agile and weighs almost 20 pounds. He looks a bit like a groundhog, though I don’t believe anyone would say that to his face. He means to pillage us.

How can we stop these terrible, godless rodent barbarians? Prayer, for one. The other is a campus-wide squirrel-hunting season during spring break. Still, that could take years and cost millions of lives. We must call forth a champion to stand up and challenge Lord Skewlthor in single combat for control of the school. Who will be our hero? Chancellor O’Keefe, perhaps? Student Government president-elect Chris Odinet? Whoever it is, we must act soon before the beastly hordes destroy everything we hold dear. Generations of Tigers unborn are counting on us.

:laugh:

• 1 year later...

Archived